Jaguar: Stick with Adv Laser sight or is it time to switch to Forward Grip?

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Phrygen, May 3, 2013.

1. Phrygen

I always used the advance laser sight on the Jag; it is a very good attachment and the jag didnt really need the grip.

Do yall think the jag is best now with a grip?

Also, i do AMS at least just as much if not more than i hipfire, its just that i never needed the grip before and it did very little to the jag. That said, accurate hip fire when needed is excellent to have.
  2. repairtool6

sigh....
    use the forward grip, like you should have done all along.
    It was the forward grip - not the laser-sight, that made it the best carbine in game

In general: dont ever put a laser on any gun with fast ADS
    • Up x 1
  3. ColdCheezePizza

Pretty much what repairtool said ^

So how bad was the Jag nerf? im scarred to log in later after work, first the LA jetpack noise and now this, worried I wont be able to kill anything past mid like the Carv S after the nerf.
  4. Farlion

Jaguar is still fine.
    I've never even considered not using a grip on it, so there really wasn't much difference.
  5. Phrygen

not really... i tested both extensively and the forward grip wasn't really needed. That said the forward grip seems to do more now, but the jag having random and even recoil means its not as effective as on a gun without a one sided recoil pattern. .

also.. i use soft point... figure i would still use it even with forwards grip.

New loadout i will try will be, the reality is i AMS much more than i hip fire.

1x scope (i run low graphics) --> flash suppressor ---> forward grip --> soft point
  6. Gomezie

Interested in your reasoning why?

feels pretty awesome with an adv laser.. not tried the grip but will do :)
  7. ColdCheezePizza

It's the only TR carbine with .75 ads movement speed, your not taking advantage of that unless your aiming down the scope where an adv laser isn't helping.
  8. Gomezie

I thought as much.. thanks for the info :)
  9. metrotw

So is the lynx....The amount of misinformation that gets spread around this board is staggering.

The true thing that made the Jag a great weapon was it's versatility...Which is, as far as i am concerned, a thing of the past.

Lynx for 0-15m(armistice is also a good choice)....T5AMC if you plan to engage mostly at ranges beyond that.
  10. Hypest

BwaAHAHAHAHAHA? Are you serious? If you can control a carbine under 30 meters without Fgrip... well you just suck.

Lynx has 0,75 MSM too. But the Jag is actually the only TR carbine with small hipfire CoF. You won't purely use this gun for ADS or hipfire unless you want to suck with it. You get most of your kills while ADS that's true, but at close range Fgrip doing so effin little. Don't throw away the hipfire accuracy for reduced horizontal recoil. I use advanced laser on my TAR and MSW-R too and i have no issue controlling them. If you do sure go ahead and use that, but it's far from the optimal setting. I would rather put a Fgrip on the Lynx BTW.
  11. MorganM

I was bummed to see this nerf on the Jag as that was the main reason I picked it over the Lynx... the horizontal recoil was virtually nonexistent. In actual practice... I still don't see it being a problem... certainly not enough to justify a forward grip. MUCH happier with the laser sight.
  12. Phrygen

well, t hat has changed with GU8 a bit, but i used to agree.

Been using the forward grip and it has helped reduce the effects of the nerfs.
  13. P149U3

Jaguar is a CQC gun put ADV laser on it so u never have to scope
  14. FnkyTwn

I bought the Jag during the sale because I always wanted
    one on my TR alt, and even after GU08 I'm still very happy
    with it. It may have lost some zing, but it's still a fantastic
    gun, and nobody can argue against 40 rounds a clip.
  15. Corezer

I find that out to 40m the side to side is still little enough that not having a grip wont really mess you up for the first 25 rounds or so. By the range where grip is really important you will have bigger problems from the poor velocity than recoil.

The adv laser is great for fly-by's and all that whatnot, but that isnt exactly a cornerstone of a sound playstyle, the base hip is fine out to ranges where you should be ADSing anyway.

I dont think the rail attachment really has a huge impact on this weapon besides flashlight if you want to **** yourself... the other 2 just provide a little more ability to use the weapon in ways that I dont feel it was intended, such as hip firing at 30m or sniping people at 80.
  16. commandoFi

If I ever wanted to go longer range I would get FG and 1x dot, but I run ALS and NV for extreme CQC normally, the side to side recoil is negligible at hip fire range.
  17. metrotw

the p
    the problem is at the range you're talking about the lynx is just a better gun. the jag was the ultimate compromise between range and cqc...and since the nerf there is no reason to really compromise on cqc anymore so the lynx is the hands down best carbine you can get as a tr.

I feel bad shelving the jag (over 4k kills with it) but i can't justify it anymore and it lost it's place in my loadouts...

Lynx for cqc and out to 50m or so...
    T5AMC for ranged support when I play engie...

Anything else and you're just gimping yourself.
  18. vaxx

I agree about the Lynx. But I also found the Trac-5 to be the all around gun now after shelving the Jag.
  19. kadney

Digging this out again. What do you think is the way to go after the ALS-nerf?
  20. Iridar51

Jaguar is still the most versatile TR carbine. Yes, Jag lost a few meters of effective ADS range, doesn't mean it was nerfed to the ground, as some of the forumsiders love to exaggerate.
    Still use ALS and SPA, because increased hip fire effective range and CQC headshot accuracy are much more important than increased ADS range.

The go-to gun for accurate shooting on the move with 0.75x ADS movespeed multiplier is NS-11C.
    • Up x 2