Jackhammer worth it?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Brewergamer, Jan 26, 2013.

1. Brewergamer

Hey I've been looking at the stats of the shotguns and I noticed that the Jackhammer (regardless of being a "heavy weapon") has the lowest damage of all the NC shotguns. I'm wondering if the Jackhammer is even worth using over the other shotguns? Is there a plan for a buff? Does the Jackhammer have a distinct advantage over the other shotguns that I don't know of? Discuss.
  2. Hydragarium

Not until they make it properly different from the other shotties, no.
  3. LiamPam

In short: Nope, not worth it.

In long: It is either on-par or worse in every stat than any other shotgun in the game, except the reload times. This ABSOLUTELY makes it an awesome Specialized Heavy Assault weapon.
    Yes, it deals less damage than any other shotgun too - 112 instead of 143.
    • Up x 1
  4. Brewergamer

Well.. are they ever going to buff it? May be worth buying if I know that it will be fixed someday :p
  5. CMouse

NO ITS NOT! NOPE NO NOPE.

too many of these threads, search function is your friend!
  6. Antivide

Do you like being slapped around like a little child?

If you answered yes, then buy the Jackhammer.
  7. LiamPam

I DID buy it very early in the game because of my undying hope that they WILL buff it. Eventually.
    I did make quite a few kills with it, though. It's not that it is entirely useless; the problem is jsut that you can't use it at all once your target is more than 10m away. And that is absolutely no overstatement, trust me.
  8. Brewergamer

Then this shotgun needs a buff, my suggestion would be to just give it like 20 rounds to fire. It already has lower damage, lower range, lower everything than the other shotguns.. might as well AT LEAST give it a higher magazine capacity.
  9. LiamPam

It doesn't have lower range, that's a general flaw of shotguns. At least from my feel/view. And friends I play with.
  10. Brewergamer

BUFF THE JACKHAMMER, THEN MAYBE I'LL BUY IT! Well I might end up buying it anyway. lol I like the style of it.
  11. LiamPam

By the way, it's semi-automatic and has a secondary firemode that fires three shots in quick succession. Not much faster than normally though.
  12. Lucidius134

Close to twice the ROF if not more.
  13. LiamPam

I tried it out. If you keep hammering the mouse button, you fire almost as fast.
    It's pointless nontheless, because the risk of wasting shells is pretty high, and since you only have 6 by standard, that very much hurts.
  14. Brewergamer

I used it a little last night and close quarters it was amazing but.. only with the 3 burst fire mode. 1 burst and people were dead.
  15. drNovikov

It's a downdrade in comparison to every other shotgun.
  16. Condude

Jackhammer user here, I've tried using this weapon exlcusively while playing HA. I think I've gotten 10 kills with it since I've bought it. Most of the time, if I open up on someone with this thing, I fire the first shot, but almost always exclusively die, even after connecting three rounds. The three round burst is useful if you sneak up behind someone and shoot them point blank. I bought this weapon thinking it was gonna be a street sweeper. Instead, it taps enemies on the shoulder to let them know "FREE TARGET OVER HERE!" :p