I've realized something. TR is the best faction.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Paperlamp, Nov 6, 2014.

1. Paperlamp

When you're drunk!

I'm being completely serious, this is not a complaint. There are some outfits that seem to capitalize on this as well - I've seen more alcohol themed TR outfits than for either of the other factions. I just didn't think anything of it until now.

I spent so much time confused at what exactly the faction was supposed to be good for when all I had to do was log in drunk to mess around and check out what's changed since I last played. I ended up trialing an MCG and still pulling a decent TTK KD - not quite the 14-15 range that I'm used to but hey, 2-3 ain't terrible for being pretty smashed.

And if you really think about the traits make complete sense if you consider that the faction was designed for people who drink before / while playing. Big magazines and high fire rates because we can't aim very well. Abilities that lock us in place so we don't stumble around and fall off things or drive our tanks off cliffs accidentally. A weapon with a CoF that stabilizes so you can waddle around holding down M1.

This information is however, not properly displayed to players in game. TR is all serious and military, and none of the weapons explain that you should be drinking while using them they just have useless nonsense like " the TRAC-5's adaptability make it a solid choice for any soldier " when it should say " GET DRUNK AND USE THE JAGUAR INSTEAD".
    • Up x 34
  2. Ronin Oni

lol 10/10
    • Up x 2
  3. Hatesphere

you must still be drunk, since i think you transposed TTK with KD/R hah. still i disagree, the real serious drinkers all play NC to get the best moon shine and shot guns hilly billy space America feeling.
    • Up x 1
  4. SpruceMoose

get hammered
    grab carv
    run into room full of bad guys
    hold the mouse button down and spin

the only reason I have a TR alt.
    • Up x 1
  5. Schizomatic

I believe the OP has discovered the fatal flaw in the TR's grand plan for galactic domination. He must be silenced swiftly and within Republic regulations.
    • Up x 1
  6. Paperlamp

fixed

And yes, I realize NC might make more sense as the drunk faction from the lore standpoint. But as the TK numbers make pretty clear shotguns aren't a good weapon to give drunk and/or dumb(this is NC we're talking about) people.

Also moon shine? Maybe NC is the beer and moon shine faction, but TR definitely has the best whiskeys. I'll take TR.
    • Up x 7
  7. Ronin Oni

Even IRL.

I mean, anyone remember Cheney? :D
    • Up x 3
  8. Schizomatic

I cringed. I lol'ed. I can't look away.
    • Up x 2
  9. Hatesphere

the first rule of gun safety is do not stand near Cheney
    • Up x 1
  10. Hoki

MCG is the best weapon when high/drunk. Accept no substitutes.

DAKKA MOTHER****ER DAKKA
    • Up x 1
  11. MajiinBuu

I prefer the VS, there's nothing better than eating dead aliens to gain their powers (District 9 reference)
  12. Bixli

13. DatVanuMan

Ah, you foolish youth...
    Have you no clue who preside over Miller?
    [IMG]
    • Up x 4
  14. Schizomatic

15. Lord_Avatar

That's why [HKON] runs "Drunken Ops" fairly regularly. :D
    • Up x 1
  16. Paperlamp

I think we should hire this guy to make our new theme -

• Up x 4
  17. Leftconsin

Even Connery TR command gets noticeably drunk. Often.
    • Up x 1
  18. z1967

April fool's update:
    -all faction music has been replaced with Higby trying to mimic the music with a flute
    -all voice commands are replaced by flute sounds
    • Up x 3
  19. Dudeman325420

Anyone who's never joined a [HMRD] platoon (the real Drunk Division) is missing out on one of the most memorable nights of PS2.
    • Up x 3
  20. TEUFELDRITCH

Wait! What? You mean ppl play PS2 sober? Whooooooooaaaa...trippy man.
    • Up x 2