I've Cancelled My Membership: Game Unplayable.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ent|ty, Aug 30, 2013.

1. ent|ty

And no you can't have my stuff.

I represent a group of about 10 players who go from game to game from way back in the days of early Quake deathmatch, to Counterstrike to TFC to Battlefield to WoW, etc and all of us would be playing PS2 if it wasnt to the point that it is now.
    Unplayable for most of us.
    We all have different computer systems, setups etc, but now 10/10 players have dropped out of PS2 since launch for one game related reason or the other.
    I'm the last to stick around because I did like PS2 at launch, but too many changes and thats it.

0/10 customers. for SOE.

I myself was paid up to Nov 2013, having bought a membership shortly after launch. My times on the forum can be seen by reading my various posts and where I stood on many issues.

The short of it is; the game has become unplayable and no longer any fun.

I figured I would log in every day actively to collect my 'passive' certs, and maybe leave my sub open for the entire time to collect my monthly 500SC, but even that is pointless if I don't enjoy or can even play the game anymore.
    I dont need the SC because I dont intend to ever sub or use it for another SOE. Enough is enough. From SW:G to DCUO to every game SOE touches, gets ruined.

For the rest of you, I wish you well and enjoy your Zerg-filled team-deathmatch spawn camping spam fest.

GG
    • Up x 7
  2. VSDerp

GG thanks for telling us this cool story.
    • Up x 4
  3. NinjaTurtle

I still want your stuff
    • Up x 4
  4. Angry Scientist

Does this mean you're going to stop trolling on the forums?
    • Up x 3
  5. Argylius

You can't just tell us you're leaving then not hand out free stuff >:eek:
  6. Haterade

Does this mean you'll stop posting? Please?
    • Up x 3
  7. Sebastien

8. Brutal

I feel your pain,i hope the devs new focus will greatly improve the game.The forums are full of...well lets say fools,if they don't improve the game it will die out like it is already,other games will take the player base away and the devs must do something or this would be all for nothing.

I am also leaning on cancelling my premium membership as well,the forums are full of denial about the game dying.

Here's to hoping for the best.
  9. Mr_Giggles

10. Pixelshader

Are you going to provide any feedback, or is your post just venting?

Isn't 'zerg filled team deathmatch' the definition of this game?
  11. Liquidrider

Trolling a thread telling someone to stop trolling?

@ entity Take care, hope to see you on the battlefield again soon.
  12. Camycamera

and you are leaving with little to no reason of saying why you were leaving?
  13. Cab00se187

But whining players who use CS and Quake as an example of their games is a good thing :cool:
  14. MarlboroMan-E

Good luck to you. I don't understand all the talk of performance issues ... I built the computer I'm playing on in 09 when Windows 7 came out, and with minor (less than $200) upgrades, I'm running fine.
  15. Yukanojo

Join a decent outfit. I can reasonably assume that you are the last active player in a 10 man outfit based on what you said above.
  16. uhlan

In the dark future you will not be missed.
  17. Yasa

This game is playable. Or at least it runs normally on my pc. In fact it has become more playable since they fixed some crash bugs. Remember the bug where turrets, prowlers and vanguards couldnt shoot? That was terrible but entertaining seeing all the magriders milling about. Or the map bug where all platoon members were white? Open platoons were impossible to coordinate.
    Chat bugs are still around though. But still, its playable.
  18. Turak

You talk about pointless, but then you came here and post this pointless post. You say you dont care to the game anymore, but you spent your time to write it. You made no sense.
  19. soeguud

I cancelled my membership because the game got dull but mostly because I hate losing. There. So much better than OP's offering D:
  20. Peter Daniel

Your post did not made clear why is it unplayable for you, but I got the sense it was because of performance issues.

PS2 requires at least 8GB Ram , or else you will have lots of "frozen" screens, specially while flying.