Its soo hard !!

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by iKendaro, Nov 25, 2012.

1. iKendaro

Seriosly the infiltrator needs some improvments, i dont know about you ppl from here but i play NC with bolt driven a forward grip and 8x scope and all im saying is that once in a blue moon im getting a kill on someone moving , not to mention the blink bug , i mean seriosly its nearly imposible to make a kill at 20 - 25 fps ( my fps) and add the lag, its terrible i like the class but we need some improvments.
  2. Bape

I use to be like you until i got use to it got a x10 Scope flank my enemies and started to headshot them 1 by 1 to distract them. Also once i see bullet fly i enter cloak mode and go around them and if i see assault coming near me i take him head on and mostly win. If your close to them sniping ur doing it wrong u need to be in that x8-10 range. But yeh i have to agree with you infiltrator need improvements.

+better cloak
    +high melee dmg
    +able to actually infiltrate a base ><
  3. DrankTHEKoolaid

Getting headshots on moving targets at long range can be extremely difficult in this game, but as a whole playing infiltrator gives you so many "freebie" kills that it more than makes up for it. I think they are pretty damn powerful as is if played right. However I would love to see some sort of melee option to cert into.
  4. Soylent

The forward grip does absolutely nothing for the bolt action rifles.
  5. Aktarus

infiltrator have probs , but you point complain about the only thing that is working great with this class actually...

if you cant get a kill or a few HS then the prob is you or your internet connection , not the NC bolt action .
    i play on an old comp ( phenom x4 945 and an old ati 8850hd ) and i snipe with the alpha squad bolt action wich is almost the same than teh beginner nc14 and its a rain of headshot and easy kills, i didnt spend any cert in scopes because the stock one is good enough to land HS on anything that can be seen on my screen ....
  6. Meiu

Forward grip is pretty much useless for you if you use a bolt action. All you need is a scope. Bolt driver works best with the 7x scope. The 8x scope sucks cause it gives you no way to gauge your dimensions. You can use the 7x scope mil dots to gauge the proportions of your target to give you an accurate distance since player proportions are always constant and so are your dot sizes. This gives you a super fast instant determination of distance by simply pulling up your scope and comparing it to their size. Then, with determining the distance you can determine the time it takes the round to travel with your gun. Once this is figured out you just need to let your target move in a general direction. Yes, you do have to work for headshots/shots on people running and strafing but that is kind of the point.
    If you could hit anyone standing still AND moving then the whole entire ground game would be infiltrators. Be happy that if someone stands still for even a fraction of a second you get a one shot kill headshot. Landing you a hefty amount of easy xp for the small price of clicking your mouse/trackball one time. What you essentially want is infiltrator to instantly kill everyone standing still and moving which to me makes me think this is a post complaining about your lack of skill more so than there being issues with the class.
    Granted infiltrator has issues but nothing to do with your whining post.
  7. Kommon

I average around 20 fps, and I know where you are coming from. I was used to sniping in Battlefield 3 for some time. Coming to this game and experiencing lower than normal FPS gave me a little trouble in the beginning. I just kept trying so my brain would figure out the math needed to hit people while not only taking into account bullet drop and travel time, but also lag I might be getting (live on a damn college campus) and also my FPS at the time. It's still hard but I don't want to beat my head on the desk anymore.

This game is still kind of weird with moving target hit boxes however. Many of my headshots on moving targets were by luck. I aim for the chest because I figure I'll need to two shot them for an easier kill. Then out of nowhere my magic bullet hits their head. I'm sure other people have similar experiences.
  8. Badname2490

So you want a boring sit in one place class to be more useful.

Ok then!
  9. Zinus

I have wonderful time with the default rifle (actually the main reason why i chose NC, besides that they are blue... tho they also have good music...).

If a guy stops for any reason for 1-2 sec he is dead, and even if moving it isn't that much of a problem to head shot them or 2 shot them if they run in straight line.
    My only complain is this... i infiltrate the base, hack some terminals and then... duh... i feel a bit useless. I usually hide myself and kill ppl when i can, but sometimes i wish i had more interesting options. (well i must admit when you can spawn a tank from terminal its good enough, but most bases have just a sandy and flash... and its true that sandy CAN be useful but it will die instantly more often than not)
    I dunno... c4 or some way to spot efficiently for the rest of the squad or anything that encourages me to be inside the base and do something actively for the team... and not be 250m out of it killing those who i see (well i like this option too, but it would be nice if we had more reasons to be inside the base too).

edit: for some i though about laser marking the target for a long range missile or something like that, i dunno. You still wouldn't be able to kill the target yourself, but you being there allows other to kill it more efficiently...
  10. Krona

So wait, the class needs improvement because you're not picking targets of opportunity, and your framerate is bad.

Infiltrators need improvement because they removed 90% of their certs without ever even trying to test them, because their cloak is atrocious, and because they remade a planetside staple into the sniper class.

Not because YOU can't hit moving people.
  11. deusex2

You're not supposed to hit moving targets, duh. Your sole role as "infiltrator" is to hunt down AFKers and those foolish enough to stand still in the open, simply because both categories deserve to die.

P.S. Leave the actual infiltration to those who can actually do it, like LA or medics.
  12. m44v

You don't shoot moving targets.
  13. Stadulator

LOL TROLLVISION!
  14. iEatGlue

That's what she said.
    • Up x 1
  15. Atreyu1989

Like others said, if moving targets are too hard to hit, pick your locations better and hunt those who stand still to fire (plenty of em out there).
    With time and practice you will get eventually better at killing moving targets, but it will be always "hard". It would be OP if it was easy to just headshot moving targets.

no infi will half a clue stand still in a location for more than a couple shots. Even if sometimes it is actually viable.
  16. KorJax

Still though, there is something to be said about how jittery and un-natural player movement is in this game compared to BF3.

In Bf3 with a decent handle on the gun you are using and some good skill, you can consistently get headshots on moving targets and idle targets - everything is very precise and accurate with how you would expect bullets to travel on every shot, and the player movements are natural which makes hitting the head much easier to predict.

In PS2 however, sometimes my shots simply don't line up with my xhair when they should and sometimes (in the same exact distances) they are slightly too under or over. This alone gives me a challenge to hit the head, and coupled with the fact that player models in this game move from a dead stop to instant-movement, not to mention weird hitbox detection and the ability for players to zig-zag extremely easily make hitting moving targets almost impossible even for very skilled and accurate snipers.

This is why I don't prefer the bolt actions at all, ebcause they are only useful against compeltely idle targets. Semi-autos have a MUCH faster time to kill than the bolt actions, unless you happen to get a headshot. They can also be used easier in close range.