Its insane the damage vs damage with TR

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Forkyar24, Jan 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SafetyDance

That would be deconstructive.
    You have no clue what you just said.
  2. Flashtirade

I don't even know how people could be so uninformed.
    Really, 171? I don't think that number exists hard-coded in the game anywhere.
  3. Nephera

No if you sign an exclusive contract with an arms manufacturer pretty much only your army is going to be using that gun (barring black market arms deals). And oft times AK-47s are the only thing you can get because some manufacturers wont sell to you/cost concerns/its the easiest weapon to obtain illegally because there's so many of them..

but the long and the short of it is that real life sees that equipment quality is determined how much you're willing to pay (and the sociopolitical climate you live in) . I don't think we want to emulate that and see Carvs costing a great deal more than everything else.

Granted i'm sure thats not what you meant at all i'm just pointing out you used a bad example.
  4. Kinan Eldari

If you've read my post, you would've noticed that I mention that there are a lot of factors which make our weapons more inaccurate. Therefore completely making this point of yours moot. Thank you for sharing it again though.

Nice assumptions. No, I do not play solely with SMG's. If you'd notice anything about my post (which clearly now you did not), you would've noticed the names of carbines in there. Guns I give as examples of preferences. There is nothing in which I said that excludes any type of gun other than slow firing and high damage per shot.

Furthermore, I "belittle" this person for having an uninformed opinion because else he'll think he's being taken seriously when there's absolutely no reason for us to do so. It's like listening to the madman in the square proclaiming the world will end if we don't repent our evil ways! Public forum, yes. But that also means we can tell the madman that he's crazy and needs to evaluate what he's saying.

And this is turning into an unnecessary flamewar because you so desire to protect someone who is spouting nonsense and is ill-informed from someone who's merely frowning at him and trying to tell him to try out different weapons. And most of all, not whine so much about his lack of skill. Honestly, what would you do if you taught a pottery class for instance and one student always messed up and kept blaming it on his/her equipment rather than his own inability to make a decent pot? Regardless of how many kind words of encouragement and helpful tips you gave him.

Personally? If I was that person failing at making a pot, I'd prefer it if someone told me straight up that maybe it's time I tried finding a different hobby. In this case, I'm trying to tell the OP to try out a different gun. Straight up, no bullcrap. Sometimes there simply is no room to be kind about it. And if you find that offensive, you really shouldn't be on the internet, or interact with people you don't like, ever.
  5. xArchAngelx

No, I know exactly what I am talking about and I explained it.

http://wiki.planetside-universe.com/ps/NC6_Gauss_SAW
  6. xArchAngelx

HA...in my head, I was thinking it correctly, but when its 5 am and you haven't gone to bed...things get a little muddled.
  7. xArchAngelx

I apologize. I re-read your post and you do mention the inaccuracy and for that I am sorry.

However, there is still no reason at all to "belittle" this poster. You assumed that he hasn't tried all types of game play, or all types of weapons, and has still come to the same conclusion that he posted. I'm not trying to start a flamewar with you, and I am not trying to protect someone that YOU think is spouting nonsense. If I was teaching a pottery class and one of my students kept messing up and blamed their equipment, I would sit down and show them how to do it right. Start from basics. I wouldn't just say.."Oh Sorry, but maybe you should try something else." If you would do that, then you would be the worst teacher in the world and honestly shouldn't be teaching. You are right that sometimes there is simply no room to be kind, but now your just being an ***. Believe me, I take no offense from you what so ever. Have a nice day ;)
  8. Prudentia

i'd suggest pressing ctrl+f on that page and searching for the word multiplier. (you will find it under recoil in the first shot recoil multiplier)
  9. xArchAngelx

Yes, thank you. I can read. However, you are mistaking First Shot RECOIL Modifier, with First shot Modifier. If you look at the section where it says "COF Stand ADS" and "COF Crouch ADS", under the "Still" section, the number is zero for both stand and crouch. Meaning there is no modifier for the first shot. Not the recoil, but the actual shot itself. The COF is the shot modifier for all weapons. COF Bloom, shows the spread with sustained fire. The First Shot Recoil Modifier only comes in to effect with sustained fire AFTER the first shot. I don't think you are understanding the Weapon stat documentation correctly.
  10. Kinan Eldari

Your patience is commendable, sir. And I'm aware of that flaw of mine. If someone indeed enjoys the pottery class it is indeed the teacher's task to try and encourage that. I agree I am not that kind of teacher. Have a good day yourself. :)
    • Up x 1
  11. IamDH

Im rather sure OP intentionally removed the RoF to make it seem as if TR got the shorter end. Its no longer an opinion when we are talking about stats and when you remove some to aid your point

He has the right to voice his opinion but he has altered the truth severely,
    • Up x 1
  12. xArchAngelx

However, The VS and NC both get a Higher ROF weapon than the TR. Not saying that it nullifies any point, but if that is our "Faction Trait"...why do you get them in the first place? Actually, ROF is more of a hindrance when taking into affect COF bloom. If our guns fire faster, we reach our max bloom faster making our weapons MORE inaccurate. We would honestly have to ONLY burst fire (which should be done in most situations anyway), but its not as fun. :p. I wanna RAMBO up in this joint! haha...J/K
  13. xArchAngelx

Thank you :)
  14. IamDH

Well each faction has a trait and with that trait comes a downside. Multiple faction traits have kind of been distributing among other weapons (like VS drop being removed). Unless i am mistaken, TR do not own the highest RoF weapon but their weapons in general have more RoF/horizontal recoil. This can be a large advantage in CQC combat which is why weapons such as the TAR are considered better. More bullets = more forgiving to miss

Other factions also have to burst fire, CQC (which is where most cap points are) do not require you to burst fire. You also have a variety of weapons which are similar to other faction weapons
  15. Prudentia

i think you didn't quite understand what a modifier is.
    If you have a value, like recoil per shot or cone of fire, that value is on it's own already doing something.
    the modifier now changes that stat, it can not function on it's own. In the case of the FSM we multiply the first shot in a series of bullets with this modifier and for the COF each followed shot gets an added amount determined by the bloom value.
    and the FSM only comes into effect FOR the first shot, not for every bullet after it (thats why it is a FIRST shot modifier)
  16. xArchAngelx

I want a 200 dmg LMG and Carbine :D
  17. xArchAngelx

I know exactly what a modifier is. However you are looking at the wrong stats. You are focusing on the Recoil portion while I am looking at the actual shot portion. In the case of the FSM, which the ADS for the gauss saw is 0, you start only AFTER the first shot. The recoil and COF bloom only come in to effect AFTER the first shot.

You said it yourself. If you have a value, in this case the FSM for a Gauss SAW is 0, you would multiply that with the COF and Bloom modifiers to adjust for the shot. What I think you are missing is, anything multiplied by 0.. is 0. So the first shot, before bullet drop, will hit its mark dead on. Then starting with the second shot and thus sustained fire, you start working the modifiers in, which does increase per shot by .07 and so forth.
  18. Prudentia

You are mixing stuff
    There is a a vertical recoil value, a horizontal recoil value and a first shot recoil modifier. these define the direction and strength the gun kicks.
    There is COF that defines the area where Bullets will fly to on a RNG basis and the bloom modifier that increases the COF per censecutive shot.
    These are not related in any way, on any weapon in the game and everything with weapons is calculated additive aside from first shot RECOIL.
    the SAW will kick .55 up and .175 to either side with a angle of 0° (so at a 90° angle to either left or right) on the first shot in a series it will kick 0.55*1.65=.9075 and then continue kicking .55 per follow up shot.
    Now the first shot will fly to a spot randomly determined in 0° cone (so dead on). The second shot will fly to a spot randomly determined in 0°+.07° Cone. the third shot will fly randomly in a spot in .07°+.07° Cone

(and the stats in PSU are bit outdated)
  19. xArchAngelx

Its too late for me to type this up to correct you, so it will have to wait until later.
  20. Prudentia

there is nothing to correct, if you want i can math that with the VX6-7 (this was the gun with the 3xfsm not the serpent)
    it has a .3 vertical recoil and a 3x FSM. it will kick .9 on the first shot and kick .2 to either side in a minimum angle of 20° and a maximum angle of 30° (right side bias) on each following shot it will kick .3 up and .2 to either side in a 20° to 30° angle.
    The stand ADS COF is .1 so it will send a shot somewhere in a .1° angle. ont he second shot the bullet will go to a random spot in a .1°+.05°=.15° cone.
    Math, it works.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.