Its insane the damage vs damage with TR

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Forkyar24, Jan 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bvenged

This thread, its OP, and some of the replies are why I barely post in General Discussion any more.

This is asymmetrical balance. If you can't wrap your head around it, G T F O.
  2. JesusVoxel

It was balanced from the begining, at least for players familiar with shooters. Now it's easymode for good NC players and just frustrating for anyone playing against NC.

It was NC whiners at these forums that couldn't wrap their heads around asymmetrical balance and so they whined until they got their OP weapons.
  3. Cowabunga

Mirror balancing! Such fun, such new ideas - Ermahgerd.
    • Up x 1
  4. lyravega

Do you even know what DPS means? Or TTK?

sigh...
  5. NC_agent00kevin

Please explain to us what SOE did to make all of our weapons Op with the last patch.
    • Up x 1
  6. stalkish

Im curious, what has changed to give us OP weapons?
    • Up x 1
  7. Kinan Eldari

While, if going by a damage per bullet basis, you maybe would've had a point, you're forgetting something.There is more to a gun than its damage per bullet output. There's cone of fire, aim in general when stationary or moving, recoil, bullet speed, etc.

While TR guns may deal more damage on average, the gun's other stats will help to -- or make it more difficult to -- land all those shots. The VS have sickening accuracy sometimes. The NC's damage per hit hurt me every damn time. What we get to counteract that are guns with -- on average -- a higher rate of fire (although there are enough examples where VS or NC guns have at the very least equal ROF). With that comes more inaccurate weaponry, again on average.

And on a more personal note: Because apparently you can't seem to win, you went on the forums and whined that you couldn't win, which annoys me. I think you really need to re-evaluate how you handle yourself and your gun in the game, and maybe find a different gun that works for you, because I honestly think every faction has a gun that works for someone. I'm a big fan of high RPM guns (like the GD-7F, Serpent, VX6-7, LC2 Lynx and pretty much all SMG's to name a couple) and I'm terrible with low RPM, high damage weapons. So please, for all our sakes, stop your nagging and find something that works for you.
  8. Ganelon

Uh.
  9. xArchAngelx

This would be true if it was asymmetrically balanced, but it's not. The Gauss SAW fires about 8 shots per second, while the T9 CARV fires about 13 shots per second. The gauss saw does NOT have a first shot multiplier while the Carv does (this means that when you fire one round, it actually hits where you have the crosshairs). The Gauss SAW has a horizontal recoil modifier of .175 that only takes effect on the second shot and beyond with sustained fire. The T9 Carv has a Horizontal recoil modifier of .225 (double) that takes place on the first shot, and all following with sustained fire. All this information combined, we can come to this conclusion. The T9 Carv will reach its COF bloom faster and have a harder time hitting the target, due to the Horizontal recoil, with the same amount of bullets to "asymmetrically balance" out the lower COF bloom, lower recoil, and higher damage per bullet with the Gauss Saw.

Yes, I admit the Gauss SAW has higher vertical recoil, but vertical recoil you can actually adjust for. You cannot, CANNOT, adjust for horizontal recoil.

I actually feel sorry for the VS on this one, because their starting LMG has half our rounds and just as s**tty recoil as the CARV.
  10. xArchAngelx

Uh, no. While the TR do have the faster firing, that only means that we reach our CoF bloom faster. The Horizontal recoil, which is massive on almost all TR weaponry, cannot be adjusted for as easily as vertical recoil. Since all factions have fast firing SMGs, the CoF bloom is reduced significantly, so it doesn't seem to effect you as a person as much.

On a more personal note: You don't have to belittle a person who states their own personal opinion on this public forum, when you offer no assistance what so ever. You may play with solely SMGs, thats great. But there are more weapons than just SMGs and I'm sure thats what the OP was talking about, the weapons in general. I think you really need to re-evaluate how you handle yourself on the forums and post better information. So please, for all our sakes, stop your nagging and learn to add CONSTRUCTIVE feedback.
  11. Coltorl

Arc I don't think you know your gun stats... The Gauss Saw does have a FSM, read your **** before you try to say NC guns are OP... or stop making uninformed post like that ever again

http://wiki.planetside-universe.com/ps/NC6_Gauss_SAW

Start here

Edit: Where are people getting this idea you can't control horizontal recoil??? If it's equal on both sides it is a little random, but small adjustments can be made to make the gun control quite well.
    • Up x 2
  12. Nephera

what weapons are you even referring to.
  13. Aegie

[IMG]
    • Up x 3
  14. Forkyar24

looking for devs to look at this, for the people that don't get it, use your brain its simple numbers
  15. xArchAngelx

Thank you for your input, but I do know the gun stats. The FSM means that when you pull the trigger, the first bullet will hit exactly where you had the crosshairs BEFORE bullet drop. The Standing Still and crouching ADS First shot modifier is 0. However, the First Shot RECOIL modifier for the Gauss SAW is 1.65, which only means that how high the gun kicks after the first shot is fired. So like I stated, you don't have much adjustment to make until you sustain fire after the first shot.
  16. Mastermind

id recommend everyone play a little of each faction so you can see that you are really just bad at the game, its not just your factions guns
    • Up x 4
  17. LordMondando

18. Prudentia

the first shot multiplier is always the same...
    the VS Serpent will always have a first shot recoil multiplier of 3 (the highest in the game, you can make yourself look in the sky with about 10 bullets in semi... when you start looking at the floor)
    the NC Gauss Saw will always have a First shot recoil multiplier of 1.65 and the SABR (Long range burstfire terran assault rifle) has the lowest first shot recoil multiplier in the game with 0.9 meaning that it kicks way less when you fire it in semi than in bursts.
    I think you have a serious case of confusing Cone of Fire and First shot multiplier....
  19. maudibe

First off, we all think that our faction has the worst weapons when we get killed. There are plenty of WTF? moments when I catch a guy 30 feet away and get 3-5 red X's on him only to have him turn and kill me.

The easy solution is.....
    Make all the available guns the same for each faction. That is the way it is in the real world, you can get your country AK 47's or M-16s or the few other choices but everyone can the have the same equiptment.
    Then it would ONLY be a matter of you chose wrong when you didn't take an SMG into a close quarters battle and got killed by a guy with on, after all you could have brought one too. Or, your aiming skills or tactics are worse, or your computer is more laggy, or......
    The play field would be more level and isn't that what its all about, or am i wrong.

FLAME ON brothers.
  20. Hatesphere

so your solution is to remove what makes this games infantry combat unique by making everything a flat boring copy? I would rather have cross faction weapons, the ability to cert into the other factions guns at a much higher price then your own factions.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.