It's almost the end of the month

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ReconTeemo, Aug 25, 2013.

1. ReconTeemo

Where are the august updates?...
  2. Oreo202

Be patient. An update released late with minimal bugs is better than a bug ridden update released quickly.
  3. bodmans

All new content has been delayed 5 months because the entire team is now working on performance solely according to Smedley
  4. LordMondando

D
    Don't know where you got that 5 months figure from.
  5. bodmans

well, considering the time it takes for them to ''balance'' something after completely breaking it(EDIT: *puts flame suit on* striker)... also, roadmap, when was the original iteration of implants and ESF update planned again?
  6. LordMondando

http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/...mization_multicore_patch_release_date/cbn0yz7

and

http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/...m_will_be_shifting_their_prioritieson/cbruh18

The former, precedes the latter and i would imagine several important meetings took place in this time. So presumably something in a 1-4 month window. Its a fairly sigificant engine re-write though so its going to take time.

Untill there are actual concrete details, i for one don't intend to spectulate. I will however, point to the fact that resource revamp has been pushed by only a month, and player gen missions is apparently still fairly soon. That things are not result in a complete halt just a massive focus shift.

And this needs to happen.

If people want to be impatient childmen about it and throw their toys out of the pram, so be it. Miller's still rocking, I can wait.
    • Up x 2
  7. PWGuy93

What ever they are doing, I hope they really do it well.

From my view, content can wait, removing the bugs, optimizing, multicore those things will make the game play so much better it's worth the time, just hope they keep players updated on status so the "community" doesn't fill in the blanks with hyperbole.
  8. Klondik3

They are working on PS4 version. PC can't benefit from optimization the way console can.
  9. ArmedGoose

Given the time it took them to drive the game head-on into a wall (since beta) and the time to finally admit it - 5 months is a very optimistic time frame...
    I am pretty sure we will not see anything done performance-wise before next year.
  10. theholeyone

While I think it good they are finally working on optimisation. The gameplay is taking a hit, and it would be nice if us paying members got some sort of subscription extension since we are essentially being told to wait for the content that we subscribed to.
  11. Necron

They may be SOE, but PS4 can suck it.
  12. Pikachu

All I care about is getting the galaxy update in september. They better no screw that one up! :mad:
    • Up x 1
  13. DaMann22

I am with you. Gal and infiltrator revamp or im gonna.....I dont know Im gonna do something drastic!

And yes they probably have something ready for this week but we'll see. It won't be huge.
    What I do speculate on is Hossin coming in September to keep us happy.
  14. ReconTeemo

so yeah be patient you say.. One day left till September. [IMG]