It ALL Sucks! All of it! Everything!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Meeka, Mar 16, 2015.

1. Meeka

You know what sucks?

Being in Vanguard and being killed by a Vulcan Harasser. You know what else sucks just as much?
    Being in a Prowler and being killed by a Saron Harasser. You know what else sucks just as much?
    Being in a Magrider and being killed by an Enforcer Harasser. You know what else sucks just as much?
    The Vanguard Shield, it's totally OP. That tank should be a sitting duck! You know what else sucks just as much?
    That Prowler Lockdown, it's totally OP. I just can't get close enough to kill that thing when it does that. You know what else sucks just as much?
    That Magrider drifting side to side when I'm trying to hit it. God, stay still will you!? You know what else sucks just as much?
    That Jackhammer, it instakills! Holy crap! You know what else sucks just as much?
    That Orion! Holy crap! The speed and distance its like lasers or something! You know what else sucks just as much?
    That chaingun! Bulletspray! You just can't do anything with all those bullets coming at you! You know what else sucks just as much?

Wait... do you know what sucks even more than all of the above?

People who complain about every weapon they fight against without ever, legitimately, playing as the opposing faction and using those weapons to find out, "Oh wait, this isn't as easy as I thought it was!"

"Oooh, I tried it in the VR, it was amazing! It'd totally obliterated such-and-such!" Yes... it totally obliterated such and such... in a static battlefield where nothing else is moving or shooting back at you. Where only the strengths of weapons and specializations can be demonstrated but not the weaknesses.

"Oooh, but me and my buddy went to different factions and tried..." You and your buddy have a bias... you went in with a bias to prove something and you proved it. You want to really prove something is OP... use the weapon, get 1160 kills with it in actual gameplay... THEN say its OP. It's very likely, by the time you reach 1160 kills with any of it, you won't be preaching that same choir any more.

"But when I started on the [insert opposing faction] it was so much easier than when I started..." Yeah, because you learned how to play the game... so of course starting new on a different faction is going to feel easier. And the weapons are fresh and new and awesome because they're different! It's like picking up that new rifle on the same faction and going, "Ooh, I like this!" except you're in the opposing faction. Every hour you play you learn to play better... so every weapon you pick you get progressively better with... that includes opposing faction weapons!

But I tell you, it's all OP, It all sucks I tell you, it all sucks!

People need to be nerfed, the time is coming! You are getting nerfed, and nerfed hard!
    • Up x 15
  2. z1967

I have met your 1160 kill requirement for the Trac-5 Burst.

Holy **** does that thing suck. The NC and VS versions are on the same level of mediocre as far as I can tell. Malorn Higgles dCarey Sites pls, buff the bursts. The FSRM is too high and they are barely mediocre. Not even VonicVS has auraxiumed the thing (though he does have a pretty sweet 9 k/d with it, because Vonic).
    • Up x 1
  3. ShineOut

Well, I solo'd the vulcan-h and uh yeah Lol. Just give me a driver, or let me drive.Then I tried to solo the enforcer, man I failed hard. Then I used my factions saron, man was it a tad bit harder than that vulcan.

Boy I tell you I can't get enough of that dakka machine.
  4. sjtw_w_stot

I luv this place.
  5. andy_m

If it all sucks, then a perfect balance has been met......
    • Up x 8
  6. omfgweeee

I like this thread so much ! Its pure win.
    • Up x 1
  7. TechMechMeds

excrement happens so can we have nice things now?
  8. wrenched

OHK proximity and tank mines are a royal pain in the ***. But prob not op. Just annoying.

The most played class is heavy and VS continue to have the easiest VS LMG. It shows up in all the stats. The TR harasser+vulcun is actually a bit crazy.

I think everyone knows that there are some outliers at the moment.
  9. Dethfield

You know sucks? Pilots. They are all jerks.

We need to remove aircraft from the game so they will go away.

Also remove trees. And all those plants on hossin that are apparently made of solid steel.
    • Up x 1
  10. ronjahn

As much as I dislike the nerf culture that was grown around here, I have to respectfully disagree with you.

Sometimes weapons are simply out of balance(ie, prenerf ZOE, prenerf Phoenix, Prenerf PPA, prenerf banshee, prenerf AV nades, ect). While others can still use some tweaking(post nerf ZOE, current Vulcan, current Sunderer fury/blockade combo, burst weapons, many of the pistols)

If people say idly by and didn't complain about these things, they would have never or may never get balanced. So while it can be annoying reading the 10th Vanguard shield OP thread, or Vulcan OP thread, or Orion/Beetlejuice complaint thread in one day, these complaints are coming from the playerbase and are used by te devs to make decisions on what they are going to change. They are a necessary evil to prevent the game from becoming unbalanced or stale.

If it wasn't for the smattering of aggressive posts on release day about the Phoenix, we might still be running around with OHK guided rockets, considering the devs thought it was fine for release, but based on the horrible feedback made a quick change in a matter of days.
    • Up x 1
  11. Pikachu

It's okay to be ...
  12. Mythologicus

Ermahgerd I kern't beleev u thank dat TR hav too mush dagga. Dood lern 2 avud bollet liek en deh Matreex an u'll rek dose scrubs.

- MLG playur
    • Up x 1
  13. FBVanu

How do you really feel?
  14. Taemien

Nice :D

I once saw a mod developer have similar feelings as you. To quote him, not so much verbatim, as its from memory...

"If both sides are complaining, its balanced."

Basically people are always going to complain. You can't please everyone, so don't try. Tick them all off, just a little. Think it doesn't work? Look at the WoW forums, game's been going strong for 11 years. But if you read the forums, Blizzard hasn't gotten anything right since Lost Vikings. So why do they still play?

Because its not -that- bad. People exaggerate. Good thing is, the devs know that.

If I were a MMO dev, each update would have one thing... ONE thing that I would change just to tick off the players. Its purpose would be to get the focus on it. It wouldn't be anything that affects faction balances, or class balance, or anything like that. Just something annoying.

This way they focus on that rather than other things. If they -do- still complain about some balance issues it -might- be worth looking at since its big enough to draw attention away from the annoying thing.

Its like using hamsters to power something. They're going to run on the wheel anyway, so why not make something useful out of it?
    • Up x 2
  15. Jake the Dog

hmmm this reminds me... I still need to get your ship back in starmade...
  16. Jake the Dog

Im pretty sure she's not lying, so I think thats how she feels and honestly thats exactly how the tank balance is atm. I love my mag, I love my vanguard and I love my prowler each for different skills and reasons.
  17. Meeka

I am confused. What is Starmade? :D
  18. Ballto21

The beamer doesnt suck! it never will! Es lebe die pew pew pew!
  19. Jake the Dog

Maybe theres a different meeka i know :eek:
  20. 0fly0

People making thread for complating about people making thread for complaning. Sound viscious