Issues patching with launcher. An asset pack cant download.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Unaligned, Sep 17, 2015.

1. Unaligned

Been fishing around online for a fix, but cant seem to make anything stick.

Windows 8.1 64 bit
    AMD FX(tm)-8300 Eight-Core Processor
    12GB DDR3 ram
    AMD Radeon R9 255 (Up to date drivers)

Missing about 30 Mb of file
    Error: Unable to download SocketError:cc::HTTP::Receive got unexpected close during block read
    Specifically for Assets_299.pack
    *Warning: Retrying Resources/Assets/Assets_229.pack

Please help if able.
  2. RedArmy

wtf is that, did u mean 295?
    otherwise - there are many places u can actually patch or load the game from - id recommend Steam if you dont like the third party websites, but otherwise just uninstall/reinstall always seems to work.
    • Up x 1
  3. Unaligned

Hey, thanks for responding.
    Already tried the reinstall via the launcher. Trying steam now.
    Which third party download would be recommended?
  4. RedArmy

sometimes they keep them on the support page, not the forums - otherwise a good option is a flash drive and a friends PC
    • Up x 1
  5. Unaligned

Thanks again for getting back.
    I havent spotted a thread with a list of alternate downloads.
    I only need the one file, too. Any chance of a zipped file i can cherry pick it from?
  6. RedArmy

Unable to download SocketError:cc::HTTP::Receive got unexpected close during block read
    Specifically for Assets_299.pack
    *Warning: Retrying Resources/Assets/Assets_229.pack-
    have you tried disabling you firewall/antivirus?
    the best antivirus is your brain
    • Up x 1
  7. Unaligned

I dont have any firewalls enabled.
  8. Unaligned

Oops, Windows Firewall was on. Standby.
    • Up x 1
  9. Unaligned

Hokey, so. Steam download worked....sorta.
    A different file, specifically assets_254 wouldnt download.
    However, deleting that specific file in the directory and redownloading it via steam worked.
    So we're good to go.
    Thanks for your suggestions RedArmy.
    • Up x 1
  10. cockboydota

getting the same problem without a firewall or antivirus

edit: solved it with unaligneds advice. ty ty
  11. Vakex

I'm having this same problem. I've tried every suggestion, have no antivirus or firewall issue, even uninstalled all old SOE and planetside stuff on this PC and downloaded a fresh copy of the game, now it fails to install a file around 90% instead of 99%, different asset pack. This is freaking ridiculous. I only haven't played for 3 weeks and never had this issue until this latest patch. I've had a support ticket in forever and still no freaking response. Good to know member tickets get taken care of in a reasonable amount of time for a game breaking issue... not.
  12. Oblivion43

deleting the file did the trick for me as well! thank you!
  13. zs2n

how did it work exactly? I'm still stucking at 255
  14. Lucky Leuitenant

I cant find the asset in question with my error, specifically 229 so I cannot delete the file, any other suggestions to fix the error? Im stuck at 99.7 and it is really annoying
  15. Hikyuuri

So, I am having this same problem, along with approximately 500 people at a college campus. It appears that one of their files are corrupted on their server.

Here is how have come to this conclusion:

I'm an IT person, I know the ins and outs of computers and how they work. When I started getting this issue, I started with the typical causes, local computer issues (firewall, AV, etc). But once more people started reporting the same issue to me, I dove right on in.

Here is what I found. The file in question (Asset_229.pack) is either fully or partially contained at the URL http://pls.patch.station.sony.com/p...zs/9e/776/d6f6f240a9fb0827eee9efab69a570682b6 (found this from the error code the launcher gave me). I attempted to download this file direct from my Chrome web browser, and it actually started a download.

Chrome reported the file size should be 43.9MB, but it only downloads a 13.6MB file. This lines up with the error the launcher is giving, about getting an unexpected close during a block read.

Basically, the file is *there*, but only a part of it is. When the launcher downloads this file, it either realizes that the entire file isn't there due to an error message from the server, or when it runs its Sha checksum (file integraty check), it realizes it doesn't match what it should be (the file name). From what I can tell, the file should have a Sha1 checksum of 9e776d6f6f240a9fb0827eee9efab69a570682b6, which I obtained from the URL it is located at (remove certain /).

So, either the file on their server is corrupted in that its not all there (most likely since it starts downloading as a 43.9mb file), their server has a configuration issue that is preventing it from transmitting the entire file (unlikely because this would affect other files), or the file was uploaded with the wrong sha checksum (again, unlikely because it wouldn't show the filesize as being bigger than it should be).

I'm going to open a ticket with them and see what they have to say about this. Just wanted to share my research in hopes that maybe someone else would like to build on it.
  16. MuadXDib

This seems in line with what I'm experiencing. Very frustrating, hopefully we can get it resolved quickly!
  17. Wasdie

I am getting the exact same error you are with the same 13.6 MB download from the direct link.
  18. Swampmolly

19. FearsCatalyst

Swampmolly's way took literally 2 mins and fixed the problem.

Just find the asset pack that the installer is saying is bad (it can be found in PlanetSide2/Resources/Assets) and delete the file from the folder. Then click retry on the installer and it should finish up quickly.
  20. ArminMS

My problem file is 229 but its not in the asset folder. Anyone download successfully without deleting 229 PLEASE email it to my at PaulyD543@gmail.com PLEASE