is this a bug or what happened to the vehicle certifications?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by siiix, Jun 3, 2014.

1. siiix

i searched the entire forum up and down , but i cant find out what happened

1st the customizations where gone , but my cers where the same
    and now a week later i get many 1000 certs and the features are still gone

for a bug this is taking far to long and its far to big of a bug not to get fixed

what is going on ? can anyone point me to the right direction ?
  2. Admiralty

"There aren't currently plans to make further changes to the cert screen at this time. This is not an indication there never will be, but it's not currently in discussion."

Source: https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...a-lost-cert-screen.188522/page-2#post-2728583

The cert screen was replaced by the new Nano Cycler screen which lets you combine and view implants. While there is no button to go straight to the cert screen, you can still see your next upgrades by clicking on the gun, utility, or passive certs icon of whatever weapon and vehicle you want to upgrade.

All they did was remove the direct way of upgrading by letting you go straight from A->C. Now, you will have to go A->B->C.
  3. siiix

ohh wow they only tuke it out because there was no room for the implant button ?! thats like a bad joke, no one used that button anyhow, i always used the button on the vehicle screen

cant wait for it to come back , until then i wont be playing much i guess :(

thank you for the info
    • Up x 1
  4. JibbaJabba

Sorry, maybe I don't follow. *ALL* functionality that existed before is still there. It may have been relocated a bit.

For the "related to the chassis" vehicle certs you bring up your menu and hit the vehicle-icon button on the bottom row.

For "related to the weapon" vehicle certs you go to the same place, choose a weapon on one of the vehicle loadouts and put certs there.

For "attached to the chassis" (I'm just makin crap up now) related certs like say Flares for ESFs you bring up the menu, hit vehicle icon (same place) then click on the slot where the flares go. You can select flares or cert them up further before selecting.
  5. siiix

that cant be why did i got refunded 5000+ certs ?!

also when i go to vehicle and then certifications, there are only 2 things now
  6. FateJH

If you were refunded certs, something was changed. If you hadn't logged in since before the massive Nanoweave change, you might be drowning in all of those (check your Infantry loadouts carefully, regardless).

The Certification button on each Vehicle profile just deals with passive systems and some tidbits now. You'll need to go into a specific slot to find the certification options for it, e.g., Blockade Armor certifcation line can be found in the Defense Slot, and the place where you purchase and upgrade those options. You will only be able to see the next available level that you can upgrade and how much it will cost; to see the benefits of the next level, hover your cursor over the "Upgrade" button for a tooltip.
  7. RHINO_Mk.II

No.
    It's now impossible to see how many tiers exist for each upgrade path since you can only see the next available unlock. If I was a new player and saw the LF-100 Afterburner on the liberator, I would have no way of knowing that it costs 2925 certs to get the fuel regeneration up to a reasonable rate. I might think that the 250 cert base level would have the same functionality as the base level ESF afterburner.
    • Up x 4
  8. Slaughter919

Exactly what Rhino said. You can't compare what different Tiers in upgrades do, how much they cost, what the difference between level 1 and level 5 is, etc... If your a new player you won't know that the last level of Nanoweave gives +5% and not a +2.5% bonus. If your a new player you won't know that Munitions packs only gives you access to 1 additional specific item type per level, so not +1 Claymore/+1 Tank Mine/+1 C4 Per Level, or the order in which the Tiers unlock the bonuses for each munitions type. Also only if you have enough Certs to upgrade to the next level/tier, can you even see what that next level/tier's bonus or upgrade will be.
  9. JibbaJabba

Ah, I see what you mean.

So he's going to stop playing the game because of this? Can't you just look on the dammn wiki page or something?
  10. LibertyRevolution

People were demanding "metagame", so now they gave you metagame.
    You have to use outside game sources (wiki) to plan your character development.
    Isn't this what yall meant when you were demanding they add "metagame"?? :rolleyes:
  11. Degenatron

12. siiix

ohh ok thank you , i get it now ! i found it

btw i got my stuff back and the certs are back where they supposed to be .. i guess that part was a temporary bug