Is the Shuriken even worth it ?

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Rhello, Sep 12, 2015.

1. Rhello

Basically, I'd like to hear what you're thinking when it comes to the Shuriken or other Auraxium weapons of the SMG type. I personally think it's junk (around 200 kills on it), because :

- it has an incredibly low damage profile,
    - an incredibly awkward horizontal recoil,
    - the inability to not be spotted on the map,
    - poor versatility, the bullet drop, the recoil, and the very poor damage won't get you far past close ranges,
    - the bloom is horrible on this weapon, that could've definitely been better with a laser sight.

Even when I do well with this weapon, I can't avoid having that "the vanilla armistice could do much better" feeling. Am I alone thinking that ? Do you have any idea on how to use that gun ? Is a rebalance of Auraxium items planned or something like that ? Any answer on these would be appreciated !
  2. AnuErebus

From the standpoint of it being a better weapon than what you have, no. The key problem is the lack of soft point ammo which provides a huge boost for any SMG. High Velocity's impact is minimal and the added ADS accuracy of the Shuriken still isn't going to give you much punch past 30m. That said, it's still at its roots an Armistice which makes it one of the better SMGs in game. It's just that the regular Armsitice is better, so there's not much point to it.

Whether or not they'll do a re-balance of auraxium weapons is unknown. DGC is extremely slow when it comes to balance updates and there are weapons that have been in game since launch that still have major problems.
    • Up x 2
  3. breeje

the shuriken is an average smg not bad not good
    i like it on my LA or HA for CQC, for my infil i use other smg's
  4. Iridar51

Shuriken is absolutely terrible. +50% vertical recoil ruins this weapon for zero advantages in other areas. For al intents and purposes, this is a downgrade to Armistice with ex.mags, which is a bad combination as it is.
  5. RedArmy

there is no good TR directive guns, just live life with that thought and you will be fine
    • Up x 1