Is the masamune worth?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by xLluisett, May 2, 2021.

1. xLluisett

Right now i have the decimator,is a 1 shot kill dumbfire to infantry. The only other rocketlauncher left that can dumbfire other than decimator,is the masamune. I am ns operative,so i only have those options.

The decimator saved me several times from a sure death by dumbfire enemy infantry.

I want to know if the masamune dumbfire can 1 shot kill infantry? Because i plan to buy it soon,but only if is worth It. Otherwise i continue using the decimator. Ty.

Postdata: i can not test It on VR,the ns operatives faction does not have that option.
  2. TR5L4Y3R

with the masamune dumbfire you already have the problem that it fires in a spread pattern of 4 missiles so not all 4 missiles are likely to hit your target form range, the masamune primarily is a antivehicleweapon

you still can test the weapon with any non NSO char though

even then you should be able to trial the weapon with your NSO Character, no?
  3. Liewec123

best to just stick with decimator,
    masamune is good for hitting long range targets that are moving around,
    but for anything close/mid range i'd say decimator will always be king.
    • Up x 1
  4. JustGotSuspended

The masamune can also 1hk non-flak infantry assuming all 4 shots land. Because of this don't expect to 1hk past shotgun range. Overall it's much better to stick with the decimator. The only thing the masamune damages more than the deci is large aircraft such as galaxies and liberators. Damage is difference is minimal actually, it's just the masamune gives you one AA xp per shot, whereas the deci would only give you 1. But since you can farm AA ribbons in a harasser as a heavy that count to the directive, there's no real need for it anyways, unless you wish to unlock the muramasa, which I heard is decent but probably not worth the unlock if you're not at that level yet.
  5. xLluisett

I test it on another character in VR. Assuming the function of the muramasa is equal on VR on battlefield,is worth. I just i am undecided to buy next,if the muramasa rl or the ns15 lmg.
  6. xLluisett

Nevermind,i bought the blackhand pistol for my infiltrator,i had in mind to buy the blackhand pistol from long time ago.
  7. JustGotSuspended

Muramasa is the directive launcher for NSO. You can't buy it. It's the masamune you are trying to get. Personally I'd recommend the decimator. I've done the launchers directives a few times, and have amassed almost 5k kills on a single Kraken. Do with that info as you will.

NS-15 is worth it, if you can use it's accuracy to aim for the head. Otherwise you may want to save it for a more end game role, because it will not be forgiving if you miss.
  8. xLluisett

Yes sorry,i mean the masamune.
  9. xLluisett

I just bought my last rank of adrenaline shield,the n15m2 with all the accessoryes necessary and the masamune. Complet heavy assault.