Is the age of "high" population servers over?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by QuantumMechanic, Feb 8, 2013.

1. QuantumMechanic

So it's 9pm Friday night in Germany right now. Prime time for Europe, and that's where Planetside 2's most populated servers are.

https://www.soe.com/status/
    http://www.planetside-universe.com/server_status.php

Even Miller, once hailed as the last server that reached high population regularly, is only at medium during prime time hours.

So Planetside 2 during it's most busy period of the week can't muster a single high population server?

SOE, maybe consider changing your thinking about server merges? Almost all of your other games have at least one server at high right now. Heck, even EverQuest (1) has a server at high.
    • Up x 1
  2. Ganelon

Miller shows up as "high" on the PSU link you provided.
  3. QuantumMechanic

Hmm. I just checked both links (the source API for each page is the same, I believe) and Miller shows medium on each for me...
  4. Ganelon

High on both pages for me.
  5. Rraymondo316

6. Brandon

7. MrHenderson

Outside of Miller, it was over after the 1st week.
  8. Jaggedmallard26

Try clearing your cache or bypassing it with F5
  9. MrBloodworth

Mattherson during prime time.
  10. IMTasty

Show as high on both for me as well. Some of the other server do look rather dire though.
  11. Rraymondo316

Other then Connery getting high pop for the UES i havent seen any of the ''BIG 3'' US servers hit high pop in along long time :(
  12. kill

There is still tons of action on Miller all hours of the day pretty much.
  13. QuantumMechanic

Ok, Miller does show high for me now. Maybe it's just taking longer to reach high than usual? Usually it would have been at high before now.

I've also noticed that Helios is reaching medium later than usual, and going back down to low earlier than usual.
  14. Thornton14

Enough about miller ffs this thread isn't about miller it's about ALL
    Servers. No servers reach high anymore except Occasionally that one.
  15. Rraymondo316

These were taken just now 20.25 UK time

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Its the one server which people actually play on Esamir & Amerish
  16. Rraymondo316

Im still waiting for SOE to do something about Genudine

The one server that never hits medium pop :(
    • Up x 1
  17. Momo93

To some extent it is, many people stopped playing because they can't play, my fps went down to an unplayable level since the new big patch. I want to play, but I can't :(.
    • Up x 1
  18. MrBloodworth

Recent hotfixes cleared that up for a good number of people.
  19. Momo93

Well, my overall fps is not bad, but I am still getting stutters, that makes it unplayable. Before big patch, it was stable, I was able to play. The hotfix didn't help me at all. I think I am cursed or something.
    • Up x 1
  20. QuantumMechanic

This is true. Let's not focus the discussion on Miller - Miller is the one exception to the rule. For all intents and purposes, the age of the high population server ended 2-3 weeks after release, and steadily has been getting worse and worse since then.

I play on Connery, the busiest US West server. However I usually don't start gaming until 11:30pm or so - after prime time. And if you don't play during prime time, chances are you are going to be fighting at The Crown because there's nobody anywhere else. Sometimes there's no good fight to be found period.

Because of this, I usually only play Planetside 2 on weekends where there's more people than usual. It's pretty sad that the weak server populations force me to do that, if I want to find big fights (which I do - that's kinda the point of this game).

Why server merges is one topic that SOE simply refuses to address or even comment about is beyond me.
    • Up x 1