Is Launcher ammo not resource based yet?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Seaker Drone, May 2, 2015.

1. Seaker Drone

I fail to see how rockets are not resource based... even if it is just 25 or so per shot.
  2. KnightCole

LOL, at this point, idk why we even have a "resource" system in game at all...
    • Up x 1
  3. Neo3602

because that would defeat their purpose of being the AV option that doesn't require Nanties
    • Up x 8
  4. Shiaari

This, pretty much.

Without rocket launchers the only nanite-free AV options would be base turrets and engineer AV turrets (if I've missed one point it out, please). It's already very easy to farm infantry with vehicles, and always has been. Reducing the threats to vehicles by making rockets cost nanites further compounds that problem, and is therefore a step in the wrong direction.

The current objective is to make vehicles a more meaningful investment of certs and nanites. They are treated as disposable instead of valuable. The consequences for losing a vehicle need to be increased.
  5. Crayv

It doesn't cost resources the same reason repairing doesn't cost resources.
  6. DoomFruit

"Yet" implies that it was planned. It's not. It won't be.
    • Up x 1
  7. qiray12

then i dont get why engie mana turrents arent 150 for the same matter.
  8. Gleerok

25 is too much. Perhaps 5-10 per shot. How would the striker count? Per load?
    Engie mana turret could cost 25. I'm all for stronger resource-based gameplay, with resource scarcity playing a deeper tactical role. But that should not be excessive.

No costs higher than 25. In fact, 25 is already bit too much on my opinion.
  9. Ryo313

Medic : 20 for reviving and 2 nanites/s for healing
    LA and Spy : 2 nanites/second for the jumpjet/cloaking
    Engi: 20 for each turret 15 for ammo pack and also 2 nanites/sec for repairing

ammo for each class : 5 per magazine

see how ridiculous this gets?

why are ppl always crying about the HA -.-'
    • Up x 3
  10. qiray12

because its a hot topic and people want to hop on the train.

i bet the person who started this game is just upset cus he's shot down by lockons many times that he want to complain about them.
    or got killed by it in his prowler if you check his killfeed.
  11. Seaker Drone

I Main HA and find rockets extremely OP. Grenades cost resources and do the exact same thing. I don't see people running out of grenade resources on emerald.
  12. Ryo313

engi : op turret and unlimited ammo repairing things to kill you again
    medic: op self / heal
    spy: cloaking and 1-3 shoting anything from everywhere and hacking terminals
    la: flying and reaching spots that are unaviable for any other class
    ( other rediculous examples for "OP" i mentioned them before tho...)

u know the HA is ment to break throu walls
    i use the grounder as well and its more a tool for me to get rid of ESFs Vehicles MAXes and you can only do 1 of them at the time because you run out of ammo real quick and the reload time is also pretty high and fair.
    its a team based game so your best friend is a engi with his ammo back but guess what your enemy has the same options as well.
    ( i'm not saying if someone is op you need to counter it with the same op thing because guess what when the HA is pullig out his RL and tryies to shoot just headshot it with a spy or something like that)

there are so many anti HA threads out there and they are starting to get worse and worse... ppl srsly need to stop crying and start to play in an outfit/squad team etc... imo this game is pretty balanced exept for a few minor things ( like the useless striker ) .

i play HA as well and tbh i die more to spys then to rocket launchers and i can't see your point nor the point why the RL or its ammo should cost nanites... its the same for any other tool that doesn't cost nanites and those tools are situational and they have their own place where they are "op" or superior to other tools etc
  13. qiray12

no you do not main HA, (if you see your killfeed) its mainly prowler and medic. and btw a rocket does not and never will do the same as a grenade do.
    • Up x 4
  14. MarkAntony

liar. both your chars have less than 10% playtime as HA while having up to 80% as engy. you are a vehicle player upset that there is a counter to you.
    • Up x 3
  15. KoRneY

On Rucifel... playtime in an ESF 326 hours. Playtime in a MBT 160.846 hours.

Playtime as your "I Main HA". 50 hours.

I suggest you switch to telling the truth class.
    • Up x 3
  16. TheKhopesh

I fail to see how vehicle ammo is not resource based.
  17. Anonynonymous

LULZ totally busted!
  18. thebigbortishbort

19. StaHoo33

heh funny, maybe make ravens take 25 each shot and comets and pounders and all vehicles pay 25 per shot then c4 cost of 750 per brick so no more people with 2 around and let's not forget mines!