Is it weird that I like solstice burst?

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Illucidator, Jan 15, 2015.

1. Illucidator

I never use burst weapons in game and a month or so back I bought the solstice burst just because it was only 100 certs. I finally tried it out yesterday and loved it. I used a 1x scope and wreaked havoc. Then I got the laser sight and became a cqc beast. For some reason I think its almost as good as the serpent but more acurate and way better at ammo management. All it takes is three or four taps while hipfiring to take someone out so i can usually drop 3 people while close. I love using the serpent but honestly I am really bad at ammo management with it at most i can drop two people with it just because i blaze through the ammo and in the heat of the battle i lose track of how long I am holding down the trigger. Still a fun cqc weapon but i think imma stick with the burst for a while. Will prolly get HV ammo for it then get a suppressor next for it.
    • Up x 1
  2. _itg

If the burst mechanic helps you with ammo management, that's great. Of course, with a little practice, you can burst exactly the same way with the regular Solstice, and you can also hold down the trigger for maximum DPS. This is why most people don't like the burst weapons--the burst mechanic is not an advantage if you're used to bursting manually, but it's a drawback when you're close enough that you don't actually want to burst fire.
    • Up x 2
  3. qquqq

if you can handle the first shot multiplier, the burst version is actually higher stats than the stock weapon,
    of course the first shot multiplier basically makes the weapon way worse in accuracy but hey if you like it, good stuff enjoy,
    its sad that this style of weapon doesn't have the multiplier removed,