is it possible to play in DX9?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by willowstyle, Jun 14, 2019.

1. willowstyle

i had descent fps in DX9 and dont like DX11 (specially smoke), is it possible to launch the game in DX9?
  2. FateJH

Only if it still supports DX9. Directly through the game's engine, I don't think such a field exists for PlanetSide 2.

I've heard Windows 10 has an App called "Graphics Tools" that would allow you to force attempt a certain DirectX version on a game's main executable. Not sure how that affects a game that has a launcher. Never had need to use the suggestion myself; and, it sounds kinda messy, to be honest. That's all I have for you.
  3. willowstyle

4. adamts01

If you don't like smoke, you can play with disabling it in your user options file. It's under particles. The downside is you can't see tracers or spawn beacons.
  5. TRspy007

Honestly it might be time to upgrade your graphics card, it'll allow you to get more frames in DX11 which is now more gpu demanding. I don't think it's possible to play on DX9 since the servers no longer support it. For smoke, turn particles off and you should be fine, or play with ifr scope/implant.
  6. OneShadowWarrior

You know? The irony of this post, is I do hear this alot from other players. The performance increase wasn’t worth at the cost of so many game and server bugs. I have heard many say DX11 wasn’t really worth it.

I do see less choppiness than before, but they have so many rendering, graphics, animation and stability issues.

I myself would rather go back to DX9, I had less issues.
    • Up x 1