Is it just me?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Laraso, May 29, 2013.

1. Laraso

I've been playing this game since January. The very moment I started the game up for the first time, I was hooked, and I've spent more time than I should have playing it. PS2 was literally the only game I played for five months. Each time my interest started to fade, they'd release a new game update full of content and rotate the warpgates, and my interest was renewed.

After playing the game for 1,265 hours (Yes, that's an extremely high amount of hours. I'm not proud of it), I've stopped playing. I really can't figure out what it is, but GU09 has removed all of the appeal the game once had for me. At this point I don't think I'll ever be as interested in this game as I used to.

I don't know what it is, but after GU09 the entire game feels different. And I'm serious, I really don't know why, I can't figure it out. It seems like everybody is playing the game differently than before.

Does anyone else feel that way, or is it just me?

(Also, the "bouncy" weapons and the new sprint animation look idiotic.)
    • Up x 1
  2. Tekuila

The thing that is killing it for me is the dumb changes to vehicles, like splash not killing multiple people like it should. The game was amazing when it first came out but now it's getting changed for the worse in some areas.
    • Up x 4
  3. Laraso

Wait, what? Splash damage can't kill multiple people?
  4. Tekuila

Sorry let me clarify. I mean one shot from a tank cannon being able to OHK infantry in the immediate blast radius like when the game launched.
    • Up x 2
  5. SpcFarlen

Most weapons had splash damage reduced, so the likelihood is reduced. It can still hit infinite amount of people in the blast radius.
  6. Xind

Well, I can kind of understand. I've been waiting for some significant/general bugs to be resolved and it still hasn't happened. (ADADADAD/LA hit box in flight/Hit detection general/Flicker bug) I'm still waiting for AMD optimization and a better system for encouraging people to exit spawn rooms. (I think medic revives need to be Re-evaluated significantly, it's too easy to get a dead soldier back on his feet before his killer gets to click on where he'd like to deploy/wait for the timer.)

As TR, I feel like the discrepancy between my weapons and my opponents weapons is only growing more and more each patch. (Lack of LMG diversity/med-long range option, Carbines all feel inferior to SMGs/lack of diversity again, MAX suit went from 2nd best to 3rd best with no upside) I'm sure a lot of flamers will jump down my throat with "Mosquito this" and "Striker that" But I don't care for flight nor do I like Lock ons, so I don't use either, and if those are my factions claim to fame then they need to rethink this.

*Shrug* I want things...and they aren't delivering them.

Hence the whole subscription cancelled part of my sig.
  7. Laraso

Wait, seriously? Splash can no longer kill in one hit? That's really dumb... I was OK with the splash radius and HE nerf, because that was getting out of hand (90% of fights with TR involved sitting in the spawn room as a constant barrage of HE shells covered all of the exits), but if splash can't kill in one hit, there's little to no reason not to use armor piercing rounds, especially since the recent tank armor and AP shell buff. Just slap on Flak armor and casually ignore splash damage? That's just dumb.
  8. Tekuila

Yea man, even the vanguard needs two hits with splash to kill infantry or up to four to kill one with max flak armour. Been like this for awhile. An underbarrel grenade launcher is more dangerous than a tank shell.
    • Up x 3
  9. Posse

Probably the effect of playing 9 hours per day, you just burnt out.
    (the game isn't really that different after GU9)
    • Up x 2
  10. Total_Overkill

Ive ALWAYS been able to survive a single splash hit from a vanguard, a magrider, and a lightning. Direct hits? No, and i still cant.
    Since day 1 o_O wtf are you guys on about?
  11. Tekuila

Nah man splash use to kill in one hit in the inner radius, just sounds like you've managed to not get hit by the inner circle. That or you have been using flak armour since release.
  12. Total_Overkill

... guilty... ^_^
  13. EliteEskimo

Can't tell you the number of times I face palmed when I landed 1-2 Heat shells directly at an infantry's feet just to have them realize they are being shot at and get running....
    • Up x 1
  14. Laraso

I don't spend much time with vehicles, but I've spent enough time in my Vangaurd to know that my HEAT shells can (could) kill infantry with the splash with only one shot if it landed close enough to them. Apparently that isn't enough anymore, I have to hit them directly to get the kill, so why bother using anything but AP rounds which are vastly superior at doing that?
    • Up x 1
  15. Tekuila

That's pretty much the problem. HE and HEAT don't have much reason to exist at this time, except maybe in a prowler.
    • Up x 1
  16. Cl1mh4224rd

Because sometimes you miss and it's nice to know you're still doing some damage.
  17. Badname82

It is just the six month effect.

Ive been playing since launch and I play much less than I used to. Simple burnout. I still enjoy it when friends are on but I play less a week than I used to.

The fact I played one game so much for so long is amazing. I spent a lot on it but way less in total than if I spent money on other games as this one kept me from purchasing

Oddly enough vehicle play is what keeps me going. The enforced teamplay in sundies and mbts and harassers is the best part and you don't need splash with furies and enforcers.
  18. TintaBux

Its allot different from upon release, so many changes after most patches.
    • Up x 2
  19. Van Dax

Non-TR HAD to use flak armour because of the HE prowler nonsense.
    • Up x 2
  20. Tekuila

Yea the HE on the prowler was to much, but that didn't mean that splash needed to be obliterated.