Is hit reg screwed up again?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MonnyMoony, Mar 29, 2018.

1. MonnyMoony

Been playing with NSX Tomoe quite a lot recently - and was all going quite well up until a couple of weeks ago.

Since the mid march update however I have noticed that quite often i'll unload onto a target and get zero hit markers despite being bang on with my aim. If I release the trigger then fire again (burst firing), the second volley always gets loads of body and headshots.

It only ever seems to happen with the first volley. Anybody else experiencing this?
  2. Prudentia

yeah definitely a major concern with low DPM weapons like the tomoe. i tend to just throw the weapon away for the rest of the day when the servers start dying again.
  3. typnct

it happens basically when the client determined that you died and from that moment it doesnt register your hits

sooooo.... 2 options: get extremely well ping or get extremely bad ping
  4. MonnyMoony

That makes no sense. I didn't die in many of these encounters - and it was the first volley of rounds that failed to register - not the second, which would be the case in the scenario you have presented.
  5. Inzababa

I get that all the time. Only difference is, I've always gotten that, I didn't know it happened then went away then came back :)

edit: it does it the most on Heavies, and (I KNOW this how this sounds) enemies with camo....
  6. Rydenan

7. typnct

i felt it today really bad as i shot people and they died like half a minute later and sometimes just took the hits like a sponge
    (100 server ping, 64 client)
    idk... somethings fishy
  8. Dakka43

ya it seems to happen ever so often.. like one hour its fine and then another hour I am somehow missing head shots.
  9. Prudentia

i assume everyone here who faces that issue plays on an EU server and DBG just went back to the days where every server checks it's stuff with a masterserver in the US and just dies there. and because the devs only use the US servers they don't even realize the issue.
  10. Rydenan

I really would like, just once, to see actual footage (from later than like 2014 when the warpgate invincibility exploit was a thing) of someone's shots going on-target but not registering.

Many posts complaining about it, but never any footage..