is HA + pump shotgun for scrubs?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by xMaxdamage, Apr 18, 2015.

1. Iridar51

No, because those abilities aren't overpowered...
  2. Kulso

Yes, yes it does.
  3. Zoobe

So being in a position only a LA can get to, or at a distance only a inf weapons are effective and where your target can not return fire, and you control the whole engagement is not overpowered. However a class using its ability to counter or mitigate yours is.

Are you sure, because that is not what your videos show you doing. So no, would not call you a Knight.
  4. xMaxdamage

back on topic, I found the inquisitor to be a valid sidearm for when I need to engage at medium distance, it is very accurate, but it has a fire rate of like 550 rpm...what's the point of a semi-auto weapon with this fire rate? gosh they could make it like 300 rpm and add 2 damage tiers <_>
  5. Leivve

never had any luck using a pump action on anything other then a LA.
  6. Alzir

For the record, what do you consider as the definition of overpowered?
  7. Iridar51

Low risk / high reward. Something that provides similar results but easier to use. Or has same difficulty and provides better results.
    With the risk of something like Captain Obvious, in broad terms, something that's more powerful than it should be.
  8. Iridar51

Found this by accident. Afraid to actually reply to my posts? This thread wasn't in HA subforum when first I posted in it. Normally I avoid this place like a plague for obvious reasons.
    You question my manliness? You're the coward hiding behind overshield. I prefer to overcome my enemies with actual skill. And as an owner of Shuriken, I know about bravery more than you.

I could write a wall of text how this is a complete garbage, but it's nothing I haven't said before, and you're gonna ignore it anyway, so I'm not gonna waste any effort.

"Videos"? Do you mean the whole one terrible old video about MCG? Yeah, I've grown since then. Maybe you will grow too one day, son.
    • Up x 1
  9. Lord_Avatar

Shotties *are* fun to play with (not so much on the receiving end), but I find them too limiting. Still - the Barrage gave me a lot of awesome (if nerve-wracking) streaks.
  10. Iridar51

Well, it's subjective. I don't like playing with shotguns. Because when I do get a kill, I don't feel like I deserve it. And when I fail to get a kill because the enemy was too far, I feel like I'm being punished for no good reason.
  11. Veolfen

That a ****** excuse. "when I do get a kill, I don't feel like I deserve it" That's a problem you have because you're a guy who never ever liked shotguns, who always played rifles and snipers and who always raged when you got killed in one hit by a shotgun. Shotguns have no range, once you're at 3 meters far from them, you kill them way faster than they kill you. For one shotgun user that kill you, you have no idea of how many shotgun user you killed before.

On the other hand, accurate auto-shotgun are a bit more dangerous and have a bit more range (jackhammer, baron, ...) so they can be frutrating to fight. But even with this, if they miss one shot in a 3-6 meters fight, they loose against a rifle/lmg/smg, above 6 meters they loose anyway.

But true shotgunners knows => pump action for life ! Pump action have way more damages per hit, but their range is really bad, if you miss one shot you screwed, and it's doesn't OS everytime (because at 2 meters the dispersion is already high).
    I'm a shotgun player myself, and even if i'm a guy who used those weapons every time on multiple FPS, on planetside 2 there is sooo many situations where i can't use them, so I don't use them (and i'm not very good with them too anyway)
  12. Lord_Avatar

Subjective, true. I must say, however, that shotgun kills feel very "beefy" for me. The *THOOM* of the Barrage, or the *KA-POW* of the Uppercut... Juicy. :D

What I usually do is try to decide whether it's a "shotgun base" I'm fighting at, or not. Still - shotties make up for no more than 5% of my playtime as infantry.
    • Up x 1
  13. Iridar51

Your rage is misguided. Excuse for even what? "Always played snipers"? I probably don't have a 1000 kills across all my sniper rifles. And I don't rage when I get OHKed by a shotgun, not sure where you got that from.

You don't need to recount shotguns strengths and weaknesses to me, I know them well. You respond like I said "shotguns are OP". I made no such claims.
  14. Veolfen

Because the fact you say you don't feel like you deserve a kill with a shotgun shows how much you don't like a shotty.
    The logic would be that if you feel "When I fail to get a kill because the enemy was too far, I feel like I'm being punished for no good reason", you should be happy for every kill you do at close range"

But anyway, if I was in charge of the balancing, I would nerf the firepower of all the shotguns by 30-40% but triple their range so they would be a bit realistic (not the nerf on the damages but the range, an actual shotgun can shoot at 50 meters, a futuristic shotgun that can't shot above 10 meters should not exist). I'm pretty bored of the 2 meters range of the shotguns on most of the FPS.
  15. xMaxdamage

Leave PA alone!
    I do feel very satisfied when I kill with a PA shotgun, it means I positioned myself in a way that makes My weapon superior.
  16. Dualice

There's a strange kind of paradox actually, using a pump-shottie as a heavy assault. A number of the more elitist heavy-maining players I've spoken to detest shotguns with a passion, as they provide a hard counter to their overshield/ADAD-ing, within 5 metres anyway.
  17. Khallixtus

Nothing wrong with shotguns on HA, I just hate them. Its nothing logical, I just really dislike them, much preferring my bullet hose in the form of a T9-Carv (God Bless) and if I want to go CQC I just equip my MSW-R and watch as people melt under its health deleting DPS. I dont need a shotgun to be a massive threat in CQC with the MSW-R and total effective hp numbering in at whopping 1966. And the MSW-R can still be used mid-range if you burst fire smartly. And I also carry around a Blackhand for those long range encounters (that thing is a monster).

But I always preferred pump action to semi auto, seeing as I can kill people near as quick with another gun, but the one/two shot with the pump is very fast. I just don't enjoy using shotguns, and if I was a shotty heavy I would just go straight over to the NC for the use of the (in my eyes OP) Jackhammer. Dont ask me why I dislike shotguns, I just think LMG is the Way of the True Heavy.

But hey, if you enjoy using a shotgun, use a shotgun, if you are good with a shotgun, you can consider using a shotgun, if you enjoy using and are good at shotgunning, what are you waiting for. If people believe you to be a scrub, they need to grow up and learn that you cant do anything beyond 10m (if that) and accept that they got caught in the second worst situation, the worst being point blank with an NC Max instead of HA.