is HA + pump shotgun for scrubs?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by xMaxdamage, Apr 18, 2015.

1. xMaxdamage

Because I'm really enjoying it :V should I feel bad?
    • Up x 1
  2. johnway

Absolutely not. Especially if you're NC because they are the shotgun faction.

That said, i rarely see other factions HA using shotguns and i don't even touch them because of its limitations. With my accuracy i'll probably get maybe 1 person before dying. Thats assuming i get close enough to use it effectively.
  3. Iridar51

HA + X is for scrubs. In fact, drop the "+ X" part.

You asked for it :p
    • Up x 8
  4. Liewec123

if you're NC then it is a heathenous sin to use any other shotgun other than Our Lord and Savior THE JACKHAMMER!
    otherwise, go to town! :)
    • Up x 1
  5. Armcross

Nope, enjoy they game the way you want. You found your forte.
    • Up x 3
  6. Zoobe

Typical LA, taking cheap shots at HAs, get back to hiding on ya roof son this is a soldiers forum.
    • Up x 5
  7. Erendil

FIFY.
  8. Corezer

The people who die to you should feel bad...

The thing that makes HA so good is damage absorption, it's all about consistency I would rather have an LMG I don't need instagib potential I just need to be able to shoot and keep shooting and not have to worry about misses and stuff.

Now if infils could use pumps, that would be some cheap ****
  9. Iridar51

Didn't expect that from you.

Shotguns are not fun to play with, and they're not fun to play against. But they're not OP. If "shotguns are for scrubs" was true, I wouldn't have the same K/D with them as I do with automatics.

And why single out pump actions? More often than not they need at least 2 shots, which makes them a sidegrade to other shotguns. The only way to reliably get an OHK is with a contact shot against immobile target, in which case you might as well use an OHK knife.
  10. Erendil

Bah, Interwebz humor failure! :p

I was not at all serious. :D I have no issues with shotguns. Not even on NC MAXes. :p I've even Aurax'd 2 of 'em myself (Nova and Pandora, both w/ Slugs. Ahhhhh, I miss no-drop slugguns!) The only reason I picked on PA shotguns was because of the thread title.

I'm generally not a fan of OHK weapons in an MMO that relies so heavily on Client Side hit detection. But I wouldn't consider any shotguns OP in PS2. Not when I can sit back at 30m and kill the wielder at my leisure with any number of rifles and bullet hoses. :D
    • Up x 1
  11. xMaxdamage

To ohko ppl with a KABLAAM-cannon-like beast like TR's blackjack just gives me so much satisfaction, lol. The ovrlershield actually gives you all the time to perfectly aim your full damage while under fire.

Too bad we don't have ES shotguns, even small differences would male this weapon class so much more appetible.
  12. FouckingBamn

Blessed be our savior, the Hammer of Jacks! Let us rejoice as we smite the heathens with bursts of fire from our Jackhammer!
    • Up x 2
  13. TheKhopesh

The only acceptable excuses for HA farming/stomping other infantry are:
    Going for the Auraxium armor, and you need the the heavy gun (TR Chaingun, VS Lasher, or NC Jackhammer) on the directives.
    Or, countering other HA's when they're talking sh*t because they're abusing the HA shield to farm.

That said, the HA class is only acceptable in it's current form for AV, AA, and Anti-max work.
    Running around to just pad your KD by rocket primarying and killing non-HA/Max classes is the biggest admission of failure one can achieve without abusing mechanics in vehicles (Like parking a vehicle close enough to a wall that you can look and fire through it to farm the infantry inside).

I personally say they should just make all small arms (SMG's, Carbines, AR's, LMG's, and anything else that fits in the Primary, Secondary, or Knife slot of a non-Max infantry class) pass through the HA shield as if the shield weren't on at all.

Then the HA shield will only defend against:

-AoE damage of any kind (Grenades, Rockets, flak, etc. The only exceptions to this being tentatively from explosive crossbow bolts, the Lasher, and the Spiker. Those would start out being the only exceptions, but if they were found to be too powerful, they may be altered based soley on data from live server play. But I really don't see this causing too much of an issue. Weapons like these would still be countered by Flak armor).

-Any and all forms of Air and Ground vehicle damage (excluding only damage that comes from a primary or secondary small arms weapon fired from a bucket seat like out of a valk, or off the back of a flash/harasser).

-And Max arm weapons of any kind (with the one and only exception of bursters for AI use).
    If a dual burster max gets jumped by an HA and the HA can't kill that max before the max lands 1,000 (1,200 with max rank NW armor) damage into him, that HA deserves to die just like any other infantry would.

And after this, they can make some buffs as needed to the HA shield where needed.
    For example: The adrenaline shield.
    At max rank, the shield should recharge FAR more than the flat rate of +20% shield charge per infantry kill.
    I'd suggest charging something like +33% for an infantry kill, +75% for a vehicle kill, and a full 100% top-off for any vehicle kill that died with at least one infantry inside when it was destroyed.
  14. xMaxdamage

How about you keep my thread clean of tears and keep your whines for when mum's back home?
    • Up x 3
  15. xMaxdamage

What TR pistol you guys would use on a pump action main user? And for the RL I think a dumb-fireable is mandatory...
  16. Iridar51

Well, it's totally possible to play HA and use his shield without being a total scumbag. People gonna call me a knight, but when I do play HA for whatever reason, I just don't pop my shield against non-HAs, unless I'm just running away without engaging.

The devil on my shoulder whispers that it might be okay to pop shield in 1 v 2 situations, or when you start a fresh engagement while not being at full health + shields, but it's a slippery slope, and it's exactly what creates righteous HA players like Freeloader.
  17. TheKhopesh

I mainly go HA for the rockets against vehicles when I don't want to pull a vehicle, for countering maxes, and for fights where we're outnumbered at least 1.5 to 1.
    That and I'll pull SMG/shotgun/jackhammer HA to counter jerks farming as HA's (rocket primarying them is fun. A nice "f*ck you" to the guys padding their KD).
  18. Nalothisal

But what if I already got my medal for that gun? What do?
  19. Liewec123

keep going! XD
    i'm halfway to my second auraxium with it :D
    • Up x 1
  20. Erendil

So when you're playing LA, do you also avoid attacking non-LAs from rooftops or other perches that can't be reached by other classes? As Infil, do you remain uncloaked and only snipe non-infils from <75m away? :p

These are rhetorical questions of course. But just something to think about... :cool: