is GAUSS SPR worth geting

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by replica, Nov 29, 2012.

1. replica

2. Chestor

Takes about one too many shots to kill to be real effective, at least for me. People don't usually stick around to get hit a 4th or 5th time by the same sniper. It's the same as VS and TR starter I believe. I always feel like a noob on the occasions I get killed by one of those, cause it usually means I was sitting stationary for too long and completely not paying attention to the multiple times I got hit. But either way, can always try em out before you get em.
  3. replica

well thanks i guess ill just save up for last sniper
  4. Athessu

it's 3 shots to kill, 2 if you land a headshot, ignore what he says about 4th and 5th shot

the rifle again contrary again to what he says is better at shooting people on the move because you can line up shots better and stay on target

the bolt rifle is for taking out stationary people with headshots or for being an uber pro sniper who can headshot people reliably.

I personally prefer it, being able to land multiple shots on a moving target out of cover works better for me than the bolt rifle, if you miss the headshot with a bolt rifle 'then' people really won't stick around to die, the double ammo also means you're less reliant on resupplying.

The person below me is also wrong, it's a more forgiving rifle that doesn't punish you for missing headshots or just missing as much as the bolt rifle. That's its whole point, if you are a headshot only kinda sniper stick with the bolt, if not it's a good alternative.
  5. Tnsr

For 100 Certs is absolutely fine, even if you don't like it afterwards. I bought it but it really is much harder to kill someone as with the standard Bolt Action. Not only because it takes two headshots but also because of the short holding breath time. If you are not really superior in aiming stay with Bolt Action.
  6. replica

any tips on what scope should i put on the first sniper coz as it is sometimes its hard to target ppl perfectly at range
  7. Mibeshu

Haven't got in yet but in the beta I used the default scope. If you need any more range than that you should be getting closer or using a bolt-action. Just my preference though.
  8. HA5TUR

It depends on your situation. I like bolt-action for head shots if I have time to pick targets. The semi is nice when things get hectic and you've got a wave of enemy rushing your position.