Is Desperado worth my certs?

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by minhalexus, Jul 15, 2014.

1. minhalexus

Pistols are mostly used by infils so I'm posting it in the Infil section.
    I would like to know about it's performances for other classes too.

Basically I'm looking for 2 things in Desperado:-

1) Good spray and pray pistol to finish off targets with LA
    2) Good Stalker cloak pistol

I don't mind if it sucks with the HA or Engi or Medic, I just want good pistol for my LA and Infil.

So now comes the question:-

Is it good, and is it worth spending 1000 certs ( I am an old player so 1000 certs aren't that huge deal but it still is a decent one)
  2. Akashar

I'm not a NC and I don't have it, but I've been killed by it a few times. I think it is really good with stalker cloak, but you have better options for LA as commissioner or underboss. Just my thought, as I said I only played against and I have seen it on videos, it seems decent.
  3. TorigomaSET

As a Stalker, Desperado probably has the greatest versatility when it comes to Killing potential all around. That being said though, there are better options depending on what you want to do. If you are looking for Quick kills, the Commissioner is better. But its loud and hard to aim at distances. If you want Silent, longer range kills, go for the Crossbow, but Its limited ammo and slow fire might leave you in a pinch.
  4. NCDaniel

I personally use the Desperado with the laser attachment, and a suppressor. It works wonders.
    • Up x 1
  5. Moz

Dont think you can go to far wrong with this setup as an Infil, gives you a good "oh crap" option if someone sneeks up on you while sniping. It can give you an extension to your SMG (kinda) or it can be a quiet effective killer for your stalker.

Desperado is a great all rounder.
    • Up x 1
  6. Vikingo

I use the Desperado on my LA and only on that class, for all other classes including infiltrator I use the Mag-Shot, I will be ugrading to the Rebel when I auraxium my Mag-Shot.

Things I dislike about the Desperado is the small clip, 14 rounds which means you can fire 7 times, with suppressor you really notice the damage drop off and if you panic spray it it will bloom a lot.

It is a ok pistol and it certainly has its uses but it is not the destroyer of worlds that some people believe.
  7. _itg

I use the LA8 Rebel as a stalker. It's capable of 2-headshot kills or headshot+knife, it's got a pretty good effective range, and with a suppressor it's one of the quietest weapons around. The cloak sound is far more likely to give you away than the weapon sound. It's only 250 certs, too.

I haven't used the Rebel much with other classes, but it's probably not the best choice for general use. If you want a high-damage finisher, a Commissioner or Underboss is better, and if you want a panic option, you probably want something a little spammier. That said, it might work for you as a compromise option between the two roles, and I get a fair number of kills with it as a backup weapon when sniping.
  8. GlueHead

Mag-shot, Rebel, Desperado, Commossioner and so on...every pistol works fine as a stalker.