Is anybody else getting bored with the three Continents

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Raichu, May 4, 2013.

1. Scatterblak

There are *three* continents???
  2. FreelancePanic

I have a feeling they're delaying the new one since they're trying to implement the 'lattice' system.
  3. Revel

Really? So it took the Planetside 1 team 40-50 months just to make the continents it released with? All they have to do is copy over the basics and remake them now.
  4. Tobax

Why do you think you can just take the amount of time it takes to make a cont in PS2 and apply that to the PS1 conts?
    They started working on PS1 in 99, the maps were generated and while each one took work they were made a lot faster, where as each of the conts in PS2 are all hand created which is why it takes so much longer. Just because the games share the same name doesn't mean you can apply the same time requirements to make the same things between the 2 games, they are 12 years apart and things are not the same.
  5. iller

I'm getting bored of Indar being the only thing anyone ever wants to play on. (unless there's an Alert)

Adding more continenents won't stop 90% of the population from crowding together on only 1 to farm eachother.
    The next one that gets added, they'll spend all of 3 weeks on it like they did the other 2, and then go right back to "IndarSide2" and there will be one more empty continent that was a huge waste of artist & worldbuilder resources that should have gone into making better bases in the first place.

It's going to take adding some kind of XP penalty on the overcrowded one to get people to spread out at this rate...
    That, or "Locking" should only apply to the overcrowded one, not the deserted ones.
    • Up x 1
  6. SmartBase

Only thing I'm really looking forward to are new continents and some metagame, but I'm also curious as to why PS2's continents are boringly square-shaped whereas the first Planetside's continents were not (well, mostly).
  7. Stew360

I should say Not ASAP ;)

they will first launch Indar with the (( lattice )) first and then test it out for a momments then if peoples like it they will update Amerish and esamir with the same systhem ... and if everything goes well , they will start to improove the current (( hossin )) to turn it into a refined version of the lattice or NOT if most peoples hate the new lattice systhem theyll reverse everything so

Dont expect hossin anytime SOON or ASAP

the only thing well have for hossin is Pre alpha thing kinda with the INTERLINK bases they could preview it soon so youll see the environement and the interlink bases but i doubt the new continents will be ad anytime soon

http://www.planetside2.com/roadmap

Hossin as been push back to unschedule features while others features goes from may to june so if july or august is ASAP for you then you migth be right

I was looking foward to this continents more than anything after i saw the concept art and the interlink base but yeah well have to wait even more because of those battleflow changes
  8. Stew360

Continents locking with 4 continents will be silly , a good missions systhem bases on population could make it , so you make 1 alert or 2 alerts or 3 alerts base on populations so the each continents will have a decent amount of population and also will provide more meaningfull and fun figth

Since they introduce the alert systhem we are not stuck on indar only to get some good figth , i saw plently of awesome figth on amerish and esamir just because of the alerts systhem
  9. Vashyo

I'm only getting bored by the constant battle against 2 sides on same continent, that didn't happen as often in PS1. Much more fun when ur progress isn't negated by the side you're not attacking. Continent locking is nearly impossible because of this even when it comes out unless u have noticeably superior numbers.

Can't wait for the intercontinental warfare.
  10. Yasa

Yeah i want only 1 continent on the server i play on. Briggs pop is so low that the other 2 continents serve as sightseeing. or when you are busy doing something but still want some certs. So you ghost cap and alt+tab.
  11. Tobax

Unschedule means unschedule, not "after everything else", like I already said we were told sooner than this and that we might see it on test in a few weeks.
  12. Raichu

One thing we can all agree on.

More conts. + Cont lock = Better game.
  13. VSDerp

wow we have 3 continents? lol always thought indar was the only continent *shrugs*
  14. Joseywales

Hmm To change it up a little big huge Space Stations or Ships or Oceans as well as underground bases would be fun to fight at. Zero gravity anyone :)
  15. Stew360

test isnt the game and test is basically a ghost town , most peoples stil wont play on test they migth steam roll it the first day to see the new continents but they will as fast go back to the original where they keep their certs progress and where they have custumisation etc...

it wont be in the game sooner than later since they dont even know yet if they will keep the lattice systhem on indar etc.. and igf they keep it theyll have to implement it on esamir amerish and also on hossin wich mean a lots of change on how the facility are posisioned etc..etc...etc..

So yeah expect later than sooner
  16. Pikachu

Don't worry we will have Hossin somewhere in late june... Next GU they will release the delayed MAX weapons. After that they might release the lattice and spend the next 2 GU:s tweaking it. Then they will start working on the sunderer which is supposed to be updated in may. :)