Is anybody else getting bored with the three Continents

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Raichu, May 4, 2013.

1. Tobax

Been over this in beta, a cont is 4-5 months work.
  2. Obscura

This. People just seem to not want to admit it, but profits do come first.
    • Up x 2
  3. TintaBux

Exactly, however for the long term attractiveness of the game especially to players who play the game for over a couple of weeks, more content is key to keep players being loyal. Its a much better long term goal to add new continents and game modes now, rather than later, even if they are not big money makers.

Players get bored of the same thing over and over again, and as SOE has a plan for this game to last for years it's important to add more variety to the game in the sense of game modes and continents to insure players do stay loyal for those years to come.
  4. Raichu

It is
  5. Tamas

Because PS2 is such a massive hit, so they don't have to merge servers to keep the 3 current continents populated....
  6. Cl1mh4224rd

What "gameplay stuff" have they delayed in favor of which "toys"? And what's your evidence that those "toys" are the reason for any delay?
  7. SneakyTouchy

They are delaying optimization, continents, bug fixes, and functionality (things that would improve retention and popularity) in favor of toys being weapons, skins, and armors (anything that can be sold for money before all the customers disappear).
  8. Cl1mh4224rd

Hossin is delayed because of the community. No, I'm serious.

Hossin was delayed so that it could be reworked to incorporate the upcoming conquest lanes. This is a major change and is a priority for one or both of these reasons:
    • A significant chunk of the community is demanding it so strongly.
    • The community has failed to create the front lines that are possible with the current hex system and has shown that the way it actually wants to fight is by crowding into 2-3 regions of the map.
    • Up x 1
  9. Cl1mh4224rd

They're constantly optimizing. Just because you don't see +5 FPS with every updated doesn't mean they're not doing anything. It's exceptionally ignorant to think that.

See my post above about Hossin. It's just plain stupid to claim that it's delayed because of things like camo and helmets.

They're constantly fixing bugs. They may not have fixed your personal pet peeves, but that doesn't mean they're not fixing bugs.

These things are constantly being added to the game, a lot of them at the request of the community (or at least prominent members of the community).
  10. palacz76

Boring of Tanks and Rocketpods
  11. Kallowe

I doubt it will make the game significantly change It will essentially be the same game in different country. It's basically just low hanging fruit once everybody has explored the map, and fought at every base so many times they could puke the novelty will wear off.
    I seriously doubt they're going to go through any major overhauls that completely change the way Hossin is played compared to the other three maps.
  12. TintaBux

Bit to defensive really, am talking about what SOE said not my opinion, they delayed it and it's been put back due to working on other things firstly. This is a F2P game remember, so the priority is to get the stuff that makes money in before other stuff gets brought in.
  13. Cl1mh4224rd

You first claimed they stopped working on Hossin entirely. Then you claimed that they slowed work on Hossin. Neither of these is true.

Even what you claim to be the reason for the delay is entirely incorrect. That part is your opinion, and it's wrong.
  14. Tact

Things PS2 did better than PS1: Graphics and infantry combat; that is all.
  15. MarthKoopa

Because this is totally what happened in PS1.

Oh wait.

PS2, as it is right now, is more all-over-the-place than PS1 ever was.
  16. Moukassin

actually i'm bored with some indoor fights: like towers, tech plants and especially biolabs! they are almost the same on the 3 continents.
    the most fun i have is outdoors when the terrain have way more variations the battles are much more epic and fun!
  17. Wulfen109

Think of how long planetside 1 was in development? This game is still new. In time there will be more continents im sure. Hossin is almost coming up and im sure they are working on more. But this is planetside TWO not 1. This is a new game so dont expect the same gameplay as the first game. People need to be aware of that and stop comparing this game to that game
  18. Nogrim313

so add more continents merge more servers...
  19. Nogrim313

meh don't feel so bad the alternative, spending that cash just leads to what ever you spend on becoming the next nerf. frankly had i not spent the money early id have walked away long ago
  20. TintaBux

You work for SOE?