Is anybody else getting bored with the three Continents

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Raichu, May 4, 2013.

1. Raichu

They have been fun to play on for the 5 months the game has been out. But we need Hossin asap. The game is doing so much better. And a lot of improvements have been made. Its just now playing on the same maps for months its getting a bit old and tiring. And to think planetside 1 had all this. [IMG]
    • Up x 7
  2. Tobax

They already are doing Hossin ASAP.
  3. Cab00se187

YES!!!!!!!!!
  4. Pikachu

I just wish Esamir and Amerish would have variation in it's terrain just like Indar.
  5. TheMercator

They actually have, it's just not so obviously
  6. Tamas

Add more continents, spread the population even more, spend extra time looking for a fight.
  7. Cab00se187

Adding more continents = capability of adding more players to the server :rolleyes:
  8. Revel

I still say its ridiculous this game released with so few continents when PS1 released with 10.
    • Up x 4
  9. Chubzdoomer

I don't know about that. Indar has canyons, a seabed, and a green/foresty type of environment. Amerish is pure green/forest with hills and mountains everywhere and Esamir is snow/ice with mostly flat land save for a few hills here and there. There's almost no variety what-so-ever on Amerish and Esamir, which is why I almost always prefer playing on Indar.
  10. Silsila

That's because the development cost has gone up as well. The amount of time that has gone into designing these three continents is most likely in similar length with the time it took to produce the starting continents for Planetside 1.

It's just the way of things, designing something of that size is demanding, really, really demanding!

But yes, the game need one or more continents and Continent locking to really start to shine. Gives the players a purpose. Just look at how popular the Alerts are. And if you actually had that as the meta games more players would organize and we would se better fights overall.

Though I'd rather se propperly designed continents then having a couple medioker ones released in a rush.
  11. LightningWolfTigrBer

Indar, yes, has gotten stale. The other 2? Not so much. The alerts encouraging fighting on the other two continents has been great, hadn't seen much action on either since the launched.
    • Up x 7
  12. Zitroxious

Theres a button for hossin on the warp terminals in the testserver so we might see it there soon
  13. MikSchultzy

I am not so bored with the continents. What I am getting bored with is it is feeling like I need to spend money now to have proper firepower to keep up. Without this firepower, I am getting stomped.

That, and VS seems to only have enough pop on my server to play one continent at a time, while the other two factions are happily battling across all three.
    • Up x 1
  14. Sebyos

They keep delaying gameplay stuff while releasing toys and it's starting to annoy the hell out of me.
    • Up x 3
  15. ironeddie

I'm not bored of the three continents, well maybe Indar, have played that map since beta & know it maybe to well. It's deffinately time for a new continent is it still unscheduled?
  16. Zenith

Yes, we probably could do with a few more, though it may thin the populations out too drastically.
  17. InfraRedPS

I'm not just bored of three continents, I'm bored of the constant three way fights! Bring back the simple two way fight where it was all about capturing the continent and locking out the enemy, we need cross continent play and warp gate connections to move between them. That's where the feeling of meta game comes from.
    • Up x 3
  18. PaperPlanes

PS1 also had better music, better weapon balance, a higher TTK all around, more variety in bases, more variety in the hacking mechanic, enemy gear looting, inventory and ammo management (including no lame infinite ammo boxes), etc., etc.

PS1 was so much better in so many areas. About the only thing people will typically argue is that BFRs were poorly implemented, the rest of the game was pretty much perfect.
    • Up x 3
  19. TintaBux

20. Landtank

I only want Hossin when they can also include Continent Locking, so that the population remains the same but there are more continents available. I feel that this is the best solution.