Invulnerability fallout and bug/glitch exploit policy

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Higby, Mar 21, 2014.

1. Tasp

Incorrect, people CHOOSE to play money to play this game. I play for free. If you ask me this game is pretty boss for something that doesn't cost a dime. You think that because it got pushed out it's legit to use it? Sounds like a ban might be coming your way shortly as well. Good riddance.
  2. x7xBillyDaKidx7x

Some people are just cheap !! I pay to contribute to a game i really like. By doing that i expect a fair no bug game !!
  3. andy_m

Thanks for banning the exploiters.

What I would like to know is what about the characters, on more than one occasion, that I have reported for shooting through spawn room shields with tank shells. I've just had a look at their killboards and they are all still playing.
  4. Selerox

If someone has thrown thousands of hours (and dollars) at the game, they should be smart enough not to risk that investment by being an idiot and exploiting.

I have no sympathy with those who've been banned.
    • Up x 2
  5. libbmaster

I'd buy that.

Maybe an "i don't break for hackers" one too?
    • Up x 1
  6. Watche

Ive landed in bizzaro world, all these drones going on and on about ban all the exploiters but no responsibility is being laid at SOE's feet.

Do a roll back, stay late in the office, do something. Its a well known thing and you cannot expect a player base of what I assume is mostly 15-25 people to play by the honor system, all you are doing is killing your player base.

You people, I swear....
    • Up x 2
  7. BreakingGame

I would argue that someone who has spent hundreds of dollars on this game and who is willing to exploit bugs is probably a hacker anyways, good riddance.
  8. Fenrys

They call it "lifetime", but I hope in about 3 years or so that blacklist accidentally gets thrown out by the janitor.
    • Up x 1
  9. Codex561

Well they got [a glitch] that others dont have giving them an advantage over other players.
    Now, replace [a glitch] with Shotguns, smgs, jackhammers, etc, etc. You get the point. I used to use shotguns ALOT, got 2 auraxiums and plenty of gold medals; I was RUINING THE FUN FOR OTHERS and DESTROYING GOOD FIGHTS.
  10. Dante02

Except that those have in-game counters. Invuln does too, in a way....a ban.
  11. Codex561

Do MLG pros with dual hacksaw maxes have a counter in CQC? I think not.
  12. Aloysyus

Now i wonder what happens to "dying in the spawn room"...
  13. Alarox

Let me get this straight. When you noticed that you were invincible... you reported yourself for exploiting a bug?
  14. P4nda

No. Where was it mentioned I was exploiting? I bug reported the invulnerability (because...well... It's a bug), that was affecting me (which is what everyone should do), so the devs realize I wasn't exploiting. I gave them a time, place, and previous action. Then relogged and started playing again. People who get the bug need to start reporting themselves with this info, it really does help the debuggers catch the bug and what causes it, muuuuch faster than in-house debugging.

Submitting a bug report about yourself is the best way to make sure you're not banned or confused for an exploiter. Why would the guilty ever confess?

Also bug =/= exploitation.
    Exploitation = use of the bug to gain an unfair advantage over other players, or to break game mechanics.

All I did was /report and log.
    • Up x 3
  15. AssaultPig

They ought to enable this again periodically, just to filter out all the ******** who like to exploit bugs.

Better off without'em.
    • Up x 1
  16. DeadAlive99

This part is critical, and I'm glad to hear that you are making absolutely certain that only the most heinous and sadistic abusers are getting the lifetime ban. However, I still cringe a bit when I see permanent bans being given out for glitch abuse that wasn't there two weeks ago.

As for the lesser bans, I hope you are also factoring in that many people, especially younger and casual players, will just "hop in and go" when logging in, and may be oblivious to a glitch like this until it becomes patently obvious to them. They may think they're on a big lucky streak or something.

Just to give one example, many times before this glitch, I have heard the clacking of lead against my aircraft but received no damage, and this was normal, depending on the weapon used, so, this could potentially be confused with the bug when taking fire from heavier guns.
  17. Deathcapt

Why do we even have the PTS, if patches go live without going there first. PTS should be a dev build server it should be a pre patch server
  18. DeadAlive99

I tend to agree. While I think abusers should be held accountable, I can only wonder if SOE isn't going too far.

This is another one of those situations where a gigantic and permanent in game notification should have been stamped on every menu screen, the char. screen, the death screen and even on the main HUD, warning players not to abuse this glitch, rather than just letting everyone find out the hard way, as only a few come to the forums.
    • Up x 1
  19. RyanGUK

Let me just direct you to a post I made after I posted that... (reading the entire thread does help)

20. Planetdoge

Odd Future New Conglomerate Ban Them All