Invisible threats 6 months in

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Copasetic, May 7, 2013.

1. Copasetic

It's not often that I drive vehicles anymore, but every time I do I'm reminded of why I've come to hate it. Phoenixes not rendering. Dalton and Zepher projectiles and explosions not rendering. Rocket pods not rendering in some cases. AV MANA rockets not rendering, with the turrets sometimes invisible too. Sources of AA not rendering. Projectiles going through gate or base shields when the person who fired them is too far away for the shield to render on his screen.

First off, I realize this isn't always the case but it happens often enough, especially in big fights. We're almost 6 months into release now and an entire class of weapons is still broken. Not just bugged, broken, as in the game engine doesn't support them.

How can I judge threats or decide where and how to maneuver when everything is invisible? If it's being fired at me from more than 200m away chances are I won't ever see it, if it's more than 400m away chances are I won't even see the source of it. How is this acceptable?

More ranged AV weapons are being added every month and the upcoming lattice changes will make big fights even more common. I realize this is a difficult problem or it would have been solved ages ago, but something has to be done.