Invisible players

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Doc Jim, Feb 10, 2015.

1. Doc Jim

I've noticed a new one in the past two days.
    Invisible players.
    No, they're not cloaked infiltrators, they're everything from Light Assault troopers to MAX units.
    They turn up in small fights, you can hear them and see the tracers from their weapons, but that's it. This isn't your run of the mill rendering issue, this is something new.
    I want to know if this is a bug, an exploit or a ************** third party programm.
    • Up x 1
  2. FateJH

It's not new; it's actually been an elusive bug that's been happening for the past two weeks. The player in question doesn't even know that they're invisible and may even mistake the oblivous behavior of their opponents as skill. If you encounter one of these players, give them a polite /tell and see if they're decent enough to re-log.

Currently, we think it has something to do with Flashes.
  3. LibertyRevolution

Please go to: https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/invisible-players-game-is-unplayable.212302/
    and thumbs up the first post, as that is how things get fixed in the bug forums.

"Vote For What you Feel is Important! - Your votes on the first post of the thread will determine how important the community feels a bug is. Voice your concern!"
    https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/how-can-i-get-my-bug-seen-read-first.111335/

The thread only has 21 thumbs up, so they are not taking it seriously, even though we keep posting video proof it is happening..
    Been going on for over 3 weeks now...
    • Up x 2
  4. Crator

Can't believe we have to vote for this to get fixed. Obvious is obvious. :p
    • Up x 1
  5. BlueSkies

https://twitter.com/mhigby/status/565214447149387776

6. LibertyRevolution

So today at 10:30am higby acknowledged it?? I refuse to use twatter/reddit/facebook, so I didn't see that..

Thumbing up the first post in a bug thread is how you get it fixed, most don't read the sticky in the bug forum so most don't know this.
    Just letting the guy know that if you want it to have attention, thumbs up the bug post.

They want to know how to reproduce it?? Pull flashes, eventually one time you will be invisible..
    Go post that to his twatter, as I am not signing up to twatter to tell him..

The 2 times I was invisible I drove a flash to the base, and no I was never on the rumble seat..
    The times I have had to fight invisible players, they drove a flash to the base..

Just go look on live, everyone and there brother is pulling flashes, there are abandoned flashes all over emerald..
  7. Doc Jim

How can this be related to the Flash if MAX units are affected as well?
  8. HadesR

9. FnkyTwn

Yeah, Higby is asking about this bug right now.

I ran into it last night and it was Flash related. A flash comes rolling in without a rider, but then I start taking damage from something and see the tracers. I return fire at nothing, and actually hit it, but he kills me cause *invisible*. It ended up being an HA, not an Infiltrator.
  10. LIKE A BOSS!

This reminds me of the invulnerable bug last year.
    • Up x 1
  11. FateJH

When you're invisible, you can still change classes and stay invisible. Like said, re-logging is the only way to clear it.
    The real sticking point is figuring out why the client thinks a player is "there" but is not eligible for being rendered. ... When I say it like that, the temporary rendering distance extension and its fix comes to mind. Someone tweet that to Higby for me please. It sounds like a good tree to up-bark.
  12. Doc Jim

Well if this is just bug, then no, you don't need to relog to become visible again, respawning after death/redeploying does it as well. Yesterday one of the invisible ones became visible again a couple of minutes later (too short time-span for him to have relogged and reached the same fight again).
  13. hostilechild

Maybe there model is still at the terminal they pulled the flash from (or server thinks it there at least). Seen this over a year ago, would be killing people at terminals and they would ask how i sniped them out of there vehicle that was hexes away.

Wonder if a long queue would add to the invis possibility.
  14. Crator

Maybe there is a certain condition that makes it fix if you respawn? The encounter I had with someone invisible I killed them, and they came back and were still invisible. I had another empire-mate confirm that the guy was invisible so wasn't just me that saw it.
  15. Doc Jim

Is it possible that the "ghost" used a Flash again after the first death?
  16. FLHuk

Yesterday I wasn't seeing many half cloaked Wraith/Infiltrator combos....

Today most of those I encountered were either player or wraith visible when other was cloaked..
  17. Crowne

Is the invisible bug the same as the one that leaves you looking like you're shielded on your screen?

I know that for that bug, just changing classes fixes it.
    Kinda thought if I saw myself glowing, it meant I was invisible?

Also, I was invisible at least once that I know of. Someone sent me a /tell asking if I was hacking.
    I asked him to meet me at a specific location to make sure he really could see me and by then he could.
    I had not relogged, but I did die and respawn prior to meeting up with him.
  18. CapperDeluxe

Not entirely true, the other day I killed an Engineer who was invisible on a flash (was shooting at another guy and happened to hit him), then minutes later ran into the same one who then killed me a couple times, once he was again on a flash, and once later not on a flash.

I also managed to Q spot him when he was invisible (there was another guy behind him I could see) and only saw the name and triangle but not the character model.
  19. Doc Jim

Hmm... I had the bug where my body glowed as well for a short time, it happened because of something when I died (I was revived by a medic tool afterwards). The effect looked like the result of an EMP grenade. I don't think this is the same bug.
  20. BlueSkies

I have wondered if the invisibility thing is tied to those characters you occasionally see standing around that you can't damage.