invisible, invincible walls need to go

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by K2k4, Dec 3, 2013.

1. K2k4

As you can see I pop this guy in the head but his AI turret blocks the shot despite the fact that he was nearly perpendicular to me and the shield wasn't anywhere near the bullet. This went on shot after shot for about 8 shots so I decided to share. I also eventually got this guy by shooting his rear 3x (he didn't move from the turret despite my hits).

Sorry for the low quality my graphics card doesn't support much better.
    • Up x 1
  2. Darkelfdruid_LOL

You know this happened to me if you suddenly hear me say on voice chat

" I will fu*k that engi with a beamer for that....."

Whats annoying is that the less brain dead engineers then know you are there and move/aim at you/ spot you/ tell others of your locations....

And so the good old game of cat and mouse starts
  3. GrayPhilosophy

Probably just hitbox/model animation inconsistency. It's difficult to work around I imagine. A few paces to the right and you'd have a clear shot.
  4. K2k4

You are right but the point is that I shot what appeared to be a headshot and was denied by an invisible wall.. This is not new with these turrets but the animation may have been tweaked to exasperate the issue. I reported the bug in the bug forums.
  5. Inf1nite

Just pointing this out but each factions turret is different. The vanu turrets have great head coverage but poor side coverage and the new conglomerate have it reversed, terrible head coverage and great side coverage. That may have contributed to this but it still seems like it's a bit far to block your shot.
  6. BloodyPuma

AV Turret hitbox is messed from the day they went live.
    What you see is not exactly what is real to the client. Thats the problem. Especially those 25 angles were you see the head, but the invisible shield is on.
    Another point - head of the engi is higher then it seems visually. Aim a tiny bit higher. Example:

If two heads were even in the line [visually the same]- normal standing heavy, and a engi with a turrer [on a bump] - you will OHK heavy, but you will hit a turrent if you point the same height. Compensate for a visual glitch ;)
  7. IIXianderII

I find that if you can aim for the top back part of their head you are most likely to get the kill from different angles.
  8. ZillFattak

This bug has been there quite a long time. Be happy, in the future, if the guy is >150m you will have to shoot at least 3 times in such a situation. While the guy can long range snipe people with his turret with very annoying accuracy. :mad:
  9. GrayPhilosophy

True true :)
    Would definately be more convenient to have it fixed