Interesting Files

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Blarg20011, Apr 14, 2013.

1. Blarg20011

So I was poking around in the collision files and found these, thought they were kind of interesting

Vehicle_Common_APC.ctd
    Vehicle_Common_Buggy_Base_Chassis_COL.apx (and some other assorted buggy parts)
    Vehicle_Common_Chaingun_20Mm(left, right, and heavy).ctd
    Same thing except 30mm
    Vehicle_Common_FacilityTurret_Weapon_MissileLauncher_COL.apx
    Vehicle_VS_Vortex_Destroyed.ctd

Anyway, just wanted to share those, what do you guys think?
  2. Anubis132

APC? Strange. Isn't that what a sunderer is?

A missile turret? 10 smedbucks says it's a guided missile like the AV MANA turret.

VS_Vortex sounds like it might be the VS empire-specific buggy (Higby hinted at them in his buggy stream)
  3. Blarg20011

Yeah, the buggy theory seems likely, odd though that they have (some) files in for the VS one but not the TR or NC.
    Yes the Sunderer is an APC, but the files for it were separate leading me to believe this was a new vehicle.
    As for the missile turret, I think I remember someone mining a render of it at some point, looked pretty cool (Had like six missile tubes)
    Not sure what to think about the chainguns though, they were definitely separate from the AI Phalanx turrets and Lightning weapons, so those are no goes
  4. InMedeasRage

Also sounding like the buggy gets common pool 20mm and 30mm chain guns. Iiiiinnnteresting.