Interesting battlefield strategies. Or how does YOUR faction zerg?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Makora, Sep 1, 2013.

1. Makora

So I mainly play on Woodman and I have come to notice faction specific "strategies" to how people deploy massive numbers from one base to the next. There is overlap, sometimes one copies the other but in the end this is the most noticeable pattern that I have seen at least. So: personal opinion, especially since I'm TR.

VS: Roaches, roaches everywhere. If there ever was a term "zerging" to be used based solely on looks, these are the guys.
    They use as much ground armor as possible with scythe support, be it sea magriders or lightnings, they usually field those with only a few sunderer in the mix with armor playing quite aggressively. Good at keeping that sunderer alive though. Don't see much of infantry outside of base perimeters and camping hills.

NC: "GALAXY!" Is what comes to mind. the NC on Woodman seems to use the Gal drop tactic most of all. It's quite effective.
    Their ground armor has far more sunderers then VS and their tanks play defensively with sunderers being the ones who take the most ground, trying to get in as close as possible and deploy. Are no strangers to infantry assaults but usually they use a sunderer parked a little further away.

TR: "Men... INFANTRY!" Is the war-call I am most familiar with. TR rarely uses Galaxies and Mosquitoes seem to come and go in large numbers, one moment here, the next they are gone.
    Ground armor lacks at cohesion. Lack of sunderers is most evident at times. Ground armor plays aggressively, too much so.
    The most notable faction specific tactic seems to be the willingness of TR forces to simply charge from one base to another, on foot, in rather large numbers. There's no composition of formation, just a mad dash over the open ground. Usually with smaller groups running for an enemy armor vehicle. Like some sort of lock-on human missiles.
    Rarely effective, but awesome none the less.
  2. Vashyo

NC being effective on Woodman? When did that happen!? :D

Usually when I play during alerts we finish with 0-2000 XP, often lose our home bases cause people are busy ignoring hte alert
  3. Kacho Seiyo Arino

An outfit on TR Waterson has steel rain down to a science.

I bet many a trouser was soiled as a platoon of pods just dropped by the base.
  4. Larolyn

My outfit has a Skyguard addiction. They got me addicted to Skyguards. I, for the most part, live in my Skyguard. Always something to eat when you are in a Skyguard.
  5. Makora

Didn't say the faction was effective, only that the initial Gal drop tactic is effective. Pants need changing at times.
  6. VanuSovereignty

Mattherson VS' main strategy seems to be sending as many platoons as possible to bases with no enemies. That's.... pretty much their only strategy.
  7. Azerin

Mattherson NC, definitely mad love for the gal. Pretty much every seasoned leader on our side knows the value of the flying walrus, and I usually take that a step further since I love flying them. We pull quite a few massive infantry charges or suicide bus runs too, but not as many as we did a few months ago. Now it's all about the galaxy drops, and besides, nothing makes people /crap pants more than an entire faction in galaxies on the horizon.
  8. Vashyo

Don't use words like "quite" and "effective" next to each other when describing NC on Woodman please, people get the wrong idea. :D
  9. Makora

Well, I like to look at it this way: A little encouragement can go a long way.
  10. LibertyRevolution

Waterson:
    TR: The Prowler & Mossie ZERG has arrived, time to redeploy...
    NC: GAL DROP INCOMING, blow the terminals so they can't pull a sunderer!
    VS: Wow that is a lot of saron harassers!
  11. IamDH

[GODS] are the ones you see gal dropping
    I've seen [FFS] do it abit in a very well coordinated team

I have also spotted TR mossie trend as you said
    VS are just KoTV saying that zerging is a tactic
  12. Necron

Strategy? The zerg by definition lacks any type of strategy. All you do is spawn all the stuff you can and overrun the enemy.
  13. Delnar_Ersike

Funnily enough, on Ceres, all three factions' zergs generally work the same way: they start out with a bunch of ground vehicles and a few ESFs, then slowly lose them as the zerg pushes forward, ending with an almost-pure infantry zerg splitting off at tech plants, biolabs, or amp stations.
  14. Sordid

Mm, interesting point. I have noticed the propensity of the Woodman TR to just run from one base to another on foot, and to be quite honest it is quite an impressive sight to behold. And yes, come to think of it, I don't recall seeing the other empires doing that sort of thing. I wonder why that is...
  15. Linus

VS on Miller = Zerg ≠ Strategy
  16. Makora

Because chances are they got more resources. For whatever reason I keep running out of every type of resource even IF I am being stingy with my gear. I even turned off auto-resupply on ALL my infantry equipment, but a while back I ran with 4 frag grenades on my medic.
    As for armor, I guess TR has learned that NC don't run armor without some serious infantry support (My C4 sense be tingling!) and so it becomes a sort of artillery fight 70% of the time. the other 10% is accidental knife range fights when one force finds another around a corner and the rest 20% is VS showing up and ruining the whole thing.
    And VS... AP cannons and saurons. You lose your tank and just go "F**k it... not gonna bother with a new one" and just go infantry.

Then again certain VS outfits are notorious about their ability to somehow get the randoms to load into their vehicles... so I'm guessing they got a scam going on that dangles something with the promise of shiny in front of the mooks and they follow like good little sheeple. *shrug*
  17. asdfPanda

VS Waterson.

We bring combat medics. In obnoxiously copious numbers.