[BUG] Intentionally locking teammates weapons

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Guazy, Jan 7, 2022.

1. Guazy

I am using a Colossus as seen in the video. When my guns were locked for the first time, I was still waiting in a different position. Vehicles coming near me hit me and locked my weapons. At first I thought this was done unconsciously. However, I changed my current location and went to a different location. There, while I was still waiting, a tank coming from behind me deliberately hit me many times. You can understand his venomous action by following the minimap. My weapons were locked for the second time, and for a long time my vehicle and I were defenseless.

I think that the friendly fire system should be improved a little more in order to prevent such toxic behaviors.

E.g;

- Vehicles of the same faction cannot damage each other when they collide with each other. It can only do damage by shooting.

or

- Only the vehicle that hits the other vehicle and causes damage will receive a warning and its weapons will be locked. It's ridiculous and unfair to warn the other driver and have their weapons locked.

Otherwise, they will continue to pursue such toxic behaviors. The name of the person who made it doesn't matter to me. It would be more helpful to just address and fix the issues that could be causing this type of toxic behavior. This is a more permanent solution that will not cause loss of players.

I hope the planetside 2 developers will take care of this issue. Thanks.

2. RabidIBM

It amazes me that harasser drivers don't have the same problem given how many friendly road kills the average harasser driver scores.

It's clear that the collosus needs some extra tolerance for FF since it regularly gets weapon locked from minor bumps on the road. It is normal for a colossus to be part of a large tank group, so some amount of bumping is inevitable.