Instantaneous start up

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by CaptCran, Jul 21, 2018.

1. CaptCran

It's ridiculous that air craft and vehicles start up so quick and that drivers/ pilots can bail so easily. In Planet Side there was a player animation AND a spot where the driver/gunner got out so you had the jump on them exiting. Also, players bailing out AFTER the vehicle explodes..... lame..... I believe if a vehicle is pushed to the red alert/ fire stage players should be forced to ride it out and be "stuck" in the vehicle. Rely on other engineers to save them from death. Give a 5 second delay start up for land and 8 seconds for air. And what is up with the delay of players getting hacked out of turrets. 9 time out of 10 players don't even render out of the turret until I'm already dead..... I have to hack the turret, then get in it myself to keep from getting killed.
    • Up x 1
  2. FateJH

1. Player A (client A) is in turret.
    2. Player B (client B) hacks the turret.
    3. Client B tell server that the turret should finish being hacked.
    4. Server distributes messages to client A, client B, etc., that the turret was hacked.
      Client A and client B get the message in any order.
    5. When client B gets the message, the turret changes faction.
    6. When client A gets the message, the turret changes faction and player A gets kicked out of the turret.
      ** Player A is no longer in the turret on client A.
    7. Client A tells the server that player A is no longer in the turret.
    8. Server distributes messages to client B, etc., that player A is no longer in the turret.
    9. Client B gets the message that player A is no longer in the turret.
      ** Player A is no longer in the turret on client B.
    If the server actually handles both itself - converts the turret and handles kicking player A out of the turret - then it's just some form of inescapble latency.