Insane performance drops.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by devor, Mar 12, 2016.

1. devor

Hey guys! I have been having massive framerate drops for the last couple of days. My PC has recieved a new CPU cooler which definietly should not affect my PC's performance but since then i am getting drops to 20 fps and below frequently if it only happened in huge fights i'd understand but it is random. My cpu is fx 8350 at stock 4.0 ghz clockspeed. Why my CPU is important because the in-game fps counter claims that i am having these issues because of it. If anyone has experienced such problems and has found a solution please share it with me, because at it's current state the game is unplyable for me.
  2. ObiVanuKenobi

Download this program (or any other you prefer) and check your CPU temperature when you're having fps drops.
    http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/
    Look at Core #0, Core #1...
    If it's at or above 70C your CPU is being throttled and there's something wrong with your new cooler.
  3. devor

I have advanced system care's monitoring and it shows cpu, gpu Temps and I have compared it with other programs and it seemed to be accurate, and my Temps never got above 65, previously I even got 80 a lot of the time but the cooler is doing wonders in that regard

Also thru some testing I can pretty safely say that the fps drop happens when more then half of the cpu's processing power is used, at least according to the task manager I also downloaded Arma iii just as a benchmark and that game hovered at around 25 to 30.
  4. ObsidianRus

I think i have the same issue here and again beagn in the last two days.
  5. devor

what cpu are you using? i would be releaved if it was the game's fault because i have been running out of options on how to fix my cpu. Sadly there aren't a lot of CPU instensive games and even less that i have tried before my cooler was changed so i dont really have a comparison