Innately Suppressed Weapons

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Plague Rat, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Plague Rat

I know that since the NS MKV has been released there have been, like most weaponry, mixed feeling about it, but I think it’s presented an interesting weapon mechanic by being innately suppressed. Even if it does make it a mandatory aspect of the weapon, there’s something to be said for getting the same benefit for less tradeoff when compared to its competition using an attachment.

I think there’s potential for this as feature for future infiltrator weapons. Semi-autos in particular could benefit greatly from this, with accurately placed shots are such a big part of a weapon’s performance, and can make suppressor attachments less appealing than they would be on an automatic.

For example, I think an innately suppressed 6x semi-auto sniper rifle (comparable to Gauss SPR/99SV/ Spectre) would probably be something I’d throw some SC at. With the loss of sway on the iron rail snipers, there’s not a lot to be gained by using the scoped semi-auto, but something like this might just change that.

Though admittedly, this sort of trait might not be as appealing to VS players as it would be to TR or NC, unless they did a bolt action where drop is a factor regardless. But an NS weapon would at least provide a less noticeable tracer and audio profile, and still probably less of a velocity hit.

I guess what I’m asking is, if they released more weapons that were innately suppressed as a key feature, would you consider buying and using them?
  2. Lightwolf

I'd buy an innately suppressed semi-auto be it scout or sniper.
  3. cruczi

Well the MKV is a pretty bad example because the PDW is just as good when suppressed, and it actually drops 1 damage tier less to 100 minimum instead of 91 minimum. The only real advantage the MKV has is very slightly higher RPM.

But if I could get an innately suppressed bolt action with lesser impact on bullet drop and velocity and a quieter noise profile compared to current bolt actions suppressed, then yeah I'd buy it. I wouldn't mind some tradeoffs like slightly lower damage (still OHK with head shots) or slower scope-in and reload or something.
    • Up x 1
  4. Plague Rat

Very true, but I prefer to consider the MKV as a unique SMG in it's own right, rather than a PDW with a built in suppressor (because it's not) so I was hoping to avoided a 1 to 1 comparison between the two, especially considering the PDW it's basically a carbine masquerading as an SMG, and most other weapon types usually don't have such an anomaly in their midst.

The MKV on the other hand fits into the same range and damage profile as your standard SMGs, but already suppressed. When you bring the full spread into the picture as well, and the merits of the innate suppressor become a bit more obvious, and that's more what I'm talking about. It's just a weird a weird situation that our first innately suppressed weapon sits next to something like the PDW.

So in reality, there might not even needed to be further damage adjustments were it to be applied to other weaponry. But I'd definitely take a 6x semi auto sniper rifle that scaled from 400 to 250 damage wise (still a double tap head shot, still golden) or a bolt action capped at a 150m head shot range (be a tower sniper's best friend)