Infinite Sunderers

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Stargazer86, Nov 23, 2014.

1. Stargazer86

So, a day or two ago there was a long, protracted fight at Auraxium Firearm Corp on Amerish. You know the place, the base situated on a lone plateau with only a single bridge as a point of entry. As is typical, TR were having a difficult time pushing across said bridge, mostly due to the fact that the VS kept pulling Sunderers for forward spawns. A smart move, fair enough, so I went ahead and pulled a Prowler from an adjacent base, brought it up the backside of the base where I could get a nice overhead view atop the hills spanning across behind it. It gave me a direct line of sight down at the four Sunderers all clustered behind the buildings down below, so I went ahead and killed the repair Sundies and then finished off the spawn Sundy. Sweet.

At this point, I was out of ammo. Surely that'd be enough to give TR the opportunity to push into the base itself, right? Without forward spawns it becomes much more difficult to defend, after all.

Well, when I eventually returned to the same spot not a couple minutes later, there were another four Sunderers parked in the exact same spot. Okay. Second verse, same as the first. Four dead Sunderers. Come on TR, they have to spawn all the way back at the main spawn room. Use the chance to move in! It's probably wishful thinking, but whatever.

Again, I return for ammo, come back... and now there's about five Sunderers parked across the base, three or so in the same spot with one or two more in different places. Seriously, this is getting old. Again, I kill all five Sunderers, this time with some issues since the VS figured out what I've been up to.

What do you suppose happened when I went for ammo and then came back?

Sunderers. Sunderers everywhere!

Seriously, this sort of thing gets really old, really quickly. Auraxium Firearm Corp is already hard enough to take on its own since you've got that bridge chokepoint that's easily defensible. But when you add an nigh infinite amount of Sunderers being used as advance spawn points you might as well just beat your face against a brick wall. No matter how many I killed over the span of the fight, there would always be more. After about an hour, I had upwards of 30+ Sunderer kills, losing a couple of Prowlers along the way, but even when I decided to give up and quit they were STILL pulling them.

It was just absolutely ridiculous. How the heck are you supposed to deny the enemy spawn capability when, for a measly 200 resources, they can just pull more?
  2. BlackSand

So it means you can't break the enemy line by only yourself.
    • Up x 1
  3. bladedcross

News flash: One man is not supposed to deny the enemy spawn capability, especially when they are utilizing a coordinated effort to keep those sundy's up.

Now if you were up on that hill with a group of Prowlers, and your group was able push the enemy "front" off of your hex, you'd have a valid concern.

But since you're solo, your whining is just another case of #TeamworkOP
    • Up x 1
  4. Xasapis

Be glad you were in a Prowler.
    • Up x 1
  5. Stargazer86

I was by my lonesome, yes, but I wasn't the only one attempting to kill Sunderers. Throughout the hour, I noticed a number of other Prowlers doing the same thing I was, climbing the mountain to fire down on the stuff below. I just have no idea how effective they were. I can only relate my own successes and failures, after all.
  6. Archiadus

Find out where they're spawning the Sunderers and set up camp there, nothing demotivates vehicle spammers as much as spawn killing their vehicles as soon as they're pulled. :D

If you want to be really evil while doing it, get your AI mana turret and place it in-front of the spawn-pad so that the Sunderers get stuck as soon as they spawn making for an even easier target to destroy.
    • Up x 1