Infiltrators versus Vehicles

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Damianamaru, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Dr. Euthanasia

It it makes you feel any better, I read yours before it was disposed of and agreed with it too.
    • Up x 1
  2. Hellhammer

"Can any other class hack that turret? Why should the infiltrator be able to damage heavy armour directly? That really isnt what they're for. If you think it is, you are missing the point entirely. What you are essentially asking for is the cloak ability on a heavy assult. Why not ask for an "I WIN!" button?"

No they can't, but what they CAN do is; shoot rockets, drop C4, drop AT mines, basically destroy the turret, and still destroy heavy armor, while the Infiltrator (as a class) can't.

My argument still remains: the Infiltrator as a class, has no personal way (C4, Rockets, AT Mines), of damaging heavy armor, yet all other classes can
  3. Aimeryan

It could even be argued that engineers are better with friendly turrets than infiltrators, since they can repair and re-use ad nauseum. They get three other ways to destroy vehicles (C4, AT-mine, AV MANA), as well also being able to repair vehicles and terminals (as well as the turrets mentioned before), in addition to being able to shoot infantry.

Infiltrators can shoot infantry, hack terminals (which is hardly useful for the team given the plentitude of sunderers and drop beacons to do the same thing) and hack (enemy) turrets - as long as they aren't destroyed. I really don't get the argument that we are some how so effective at other things that we shouldn't be able to take part in by far the most important part of the game, especially when you realise that every other class is probably more effective at doing other things than shooting infantry and STILL get to take part in vehicular destruction.

IF there was a strong saboteur playstyle available with a plethora of other things for infiltrators to do that other classes could not, maybe then I would say it would make sense that we were the ONLY class to not be able to affect vehicles (nevermind destroy them). As it is, there just isn't enough justification for that argument to be made.