[Suggestion] Infiltrators can't have C4 Why should LA?

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Killerdude8, Mar 14, 2014.

1. Killerdude8

I'd consider the ability to gain any Vantage point on the map is the greatest and most effective Advantage the LA has, but, Oh well.

Maybe what I'm asking for is less a Nerf to C4 and more a Buff to AT rockets.
  2. RyanGUK

I think that's a reasonable suggestion, AT rockets are pretty pants compared to C4. Dumbfire ATs should have way better stats than lock-ons as well, less velocity perhaps but bigger damage. Classing them more of a deterrent than a infantry tankslayer would make both tank drivers & infantry happy I'd hope.

The thing is with vantage points by the way, is that it's hard to effectively use them when guns only have such a decent range. LAs are great for assaulting outposts but beyond that, where they can be useful is pretty limited in my opinion.
    • Up x 2
  3. Kevin4327

Reducing the velocity of the dumbfire launchers would make them worse, regardless if you increase the damage. You won't be able to hit close moving targets effectively (simply put, drivers have a better chance of dodging a slower rocket). These launchers as they are now have an advantage to lock ons because they generally penetrate armour better as most vehicles have less damage resistance against dumbfire rockets
  4. RyanGUK

Note how I said perhaps, I was simply suggesting that might be the way to balance it but maybe I'm wrong. Maybe the way to go is reducing velocity of lock-on AT launchers but keeping dumbfires the same and just buff their effectiveness against vehicles. Remove any splash damage they have so they can't be abused for infantry fights and there we go.

C4 is generally much better than any rockets though, which I think is part of the problem this guy was trying to say... He just put it quite controversially haha.
    • Up x 1
  5. Exonis

Do one complains about the Drifter Jump-jet Light assaults that can crouch and go running speed? Good, Let's keep it that way :)
    It's one of the only few things they have left in the world to live for, besides C4 tank munchies...
    Assaults have suffered too much, heavy or light, the poor, poor souls of us who have been swatted like flies, or crushed by tankers and SMG cloakers must be be protected against the onslaught of nerf-cries that endanger our species'

-Exonis Heavy Assault, Light Assault and Pilot
  6. Copasetic

Why? C4 is only useful point blank against stationary vehicles while rockets can hit moving targets hundreds of meters away. Neither is better than the other, they're completely different weapons meant for different situations.
  7. Catch23

Succesfully C4ing a halfway decent tank crew is one of the most difficult things in PS2. The tank driver has to either make a mistake or has to be down on HP so that he will blow up on one brick. Still, he will be saved more than often by friendly viper spam.

This attitude is what bring's vipers, pre-nerf harrassers and liberator-buffs to this game.

Infiltrators can hack enemy AV/ AAturrets. Good infiltrators do this because they know the power of these guns.
    C4 LAs are no big threat of you have played this class and know where they are coming from. OP seems to be a newer player lacking cross-class experience.
    Unless situational I usually don't even carry C4 but medpacks. No medics around when you are first-wave and if I want to take out armor, there are better ways. AP Lightning + HA for example.

Seriously, if you die alot to C4 you are doing it wrong. Any sund getting blown up by C4 is unmanned/ deployed in the wrong spot.

Seriously, I would trade C4 vs. EMP grenades. Killing infantry feels more rewarding with it than suiciding on more than often bad players in OP-vehicles or skillsuits who have babysitters and I don't. Sure i can squads up as well but in that case a HA will still be better at the job. shield + rocketlauncher + AV/ Conc grenade + C4 beats Jets + smoke + C4 on vehicles/ maxes
    • Up x 1
  8. Inf1nite

Lol the LA isn't better than HA at killing armor. HA can sit back and use their lock-ons and they can just use normal rockets from a safer distance. The LA needs to get right above their target or right next to their target. Yet, HA can also use C-4. The HA also has their over shield. The only advantage that LA has over all other classes is the ability to get above their targets yet a tank or a MAX could easily blast them out of the air.
    • Up x 2
  9. Littleman

The only drivers that get killed by C4 are bad drivers. If you park next to a structure, prepare to get C4ed. If C4 is such an issue, go proximity radar and watch for red dots bee-lining it to your tank. A lot of times, they're spotted for tankers by other infantry men, tankers just are too busy spamming HE shells at a shield or doorway to pay attention the mini-map.
    • Up x 3
  10. RyanGUK

I compare C4 to rockets because they're both (arguably) anti-vehicle weapons. But that's a fair point I didn't consider at first.
  11. Killerdude8

Haha, I'd like to see someone get killed who isn't stuck or AFK by an AT rocket sent from an HA.

It takes 4 AT rockets to kill my Lightning, I have no Directional armour on it whatsoever. I can out maneuver the AT rockets with ease, They are slow and weak, With C4, It takes only 2 and flying into my very large Blind spot.

AT rockets are weak and easy to Dodge, C4 can Instagib, On top of that, Rockets leave a very long and obvious trail leading back to the offender, which means after that first rocket tickles your tank, You know where the guy is hiding and can gun him down on his next shot. Unless you have a Competent gunner, You are more endangered by C4 than you are HA.
  12. quatin

I just got C4 on my LA and it kicks ***. I can't do too much with only 1 brick though, but it's pretty easy to drop c4 depending on terrain. If there's a lot of buildings and hills, I can fly over the top of the dead spot on a lightning and even if he gets me on landing, I can detonate when I respawn. It's hard to do this to a MBT, because of the 2nd gunner.

After figuring this out, I immediately bought Prox on my lightning. It might be better to not upgrade the prox radar either, so with the tight range, you know anytime you see a red blip, immediately move. Don't even try to find where the LA is coming from, because it might very well be in your blind spot.

Maybe limit the LA to only 1 brick of C4? Or maybe make 2 bricks crit a MBT? Or keep it the same...whatevs. There's a lot of ways to kill a tank anyways. Liberators, infantry launchers, turrets, C4, mines, other tanks. It doesn't matter where you hide, something is going to get you. Don't get too attached.
  13. Posse

As someone who doesn't use C4 in LAs (I play them as pure AI) but sometimes uses a tank (Viper so OP, can't avoid using it), which means that if I were biased, I would be biased in favor of the tanks, I have to say that C4 in LAs is completely fine, if you get C4'd in a tank it's entirely your fault, either you were somewhere you're not supposed to be (like, below a roof), or you have bad situational awareness. If you, as a tanker, play correctly at all times, you should NEVER get C4'd, thus, LA+C4 is absolutely not OP.

In my 2k kills as a Viper Lightning, I was killed by C4 only 3 times, and all those times were exclusively my fault, one was because I didn't see a guy coming, which is my fault (tip: you can spin your turret 360º), in another one I didn't realize I was below a roof, bad positioning of my part, again my fault, and the third one was because I was about to leave so I went for a suicide run knowing that I was going to get C4'd eventually (worth it though, I got 8 kills in 5 seconds heh). So, all 3 were entirely my fault, I went into 1 of them on purpose because it was worth it, and the other 2 would have been perfectly avoided if I didn't mess up.

tl;dr: Tankers complaining about getting C4'd should shut the **** up and L2P.
    • Up x 1
  14. Copasetic

Any dropped C4 disappears when you respawn. If you die before you can detonate you've just wasted those resources.

Now I think it does stay if you get revived, but with the new revive timer it's really rare that you can make use of that to blow up a vehicle. In fact I've never blown up a vehicle like this, because (surprise) there's never any friendly medics standing around beside enemy vehicles.
  15. Alphafox

I will post this link for the OP because i feel like he doesn't know what he is talking about it.

I hope this will teach you how to counter it
    He start talking about C-4 at 7:57
    PS:The dammage on a sundie has been changed.
  16. Inf1nite

The problem is that LA would only be a threat to already damaged tanks with only 1 brick and 2 bricks can't even kill a Sundy so that would be even more things that we can kill with 2 sticks.

First off, I've probable got a lot of more experience in this game than you do. I've seen plenty of tanks get killed by rockets, it's not that hard to get behind a tank and rocket launch it as well, especially if the tank isn't moving. If you are too oblivious to just be sitting in one spot where a LA can easily C-4, then you deserve to get destroyed. And, as others have stated, get proximity radar so you can look for those red dots getting next to your tank. C-4 shouldn't be removed from LA because it's the only thing that the LA can do against vehicles and MAX units.
    • Up x 1
  17. NaySayer

I'll admit it, I hate driving tanks because I get killed by c4. Do I whine about getting c4'd? Not at all, it was my fault, sitting in one spot not paying attention. Situational awareness is the best ability to cert into.
  18. Killerdude8

I'll be honest, It was a pretty big exaggeration, but it does hold some truth. I've seen more friendly tanks gibbed by other tanks or C4 over the HA's AT rocket, simply because when we see the first rocket trail, the next time he pokes his head up, he becomes a neverending explosion.

Now you say you're more experienced in the Planetside, If what you say is true, Then you'd know, Unless you're in a Swagrider, Shooting on the move in a Tank, is almost impossible, what with the random bumps that will toss your aim all around. So sitting still is the only way to be effective.

But anyways to the point, I want to Fear HA's, Not laugh at them, I want their AT launcher to be a threat, I mean a proper threat.
  19. PastalavistaBB

Instead of nerfing the LA, C4 against vehicles should be nerfed. A single Infantry taking out a 60 ton MBT with 450 resource cost which had tens of thousands of cert invested in it, is just ridiculous. C4 doesn't require any teamwork either. I would be fine with 4 bricks of C4 setting a full health MBT on fire. Still less resource cost than the MBT, but you'll need at least 2 people or an engineer with Utility Pouch. Even if you fail, you have stacked up 40 bricks of C4 in your inventory and it has no timer on it. Try again.
  20. Inf1nite

I meant shooting at a moving tank with a rocket. I'm not saying that in a tank that if you sit still for 1 second you'll get hit by C-4 I'm just saying that most of the time, if you're camping in one spot you deserve to be blown up, and you haven't moved for the past 20 minutes.