[Suggestion] Infiltrators can't have C4 Why should LA?

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Killerdude8, Mar 14, 2014.

1. Killerdude8

You have an impossibly good Counterargument, I mean, I cannot even begin to think of a rebuttal.
    You win sir, You win.

@Daibar, You make a good argument, I do agree with you, But I still believe C4 in the hands of an LA has some Rebalancing to be done.
  2. Decian

Man, for the most worthless and least played class in the game LA takes so much crap. Here we are with a combo of the standard "Infils are special but, should get everything light assaults do" AND "zomg a light assault killed my tank cause I wasnt paying attention!"

Why do Light Assaults find creative ways to use c4? Probably because we dont have anything else. Aside from the jetpack (which is based on a pinto engine) we have absolutely NOTHING that other classes dont also have.

Edit: we do have the completely buggy and worthless flash grenade.
    • Up x 4
  3. Xenthana

> 'Dedicated AT class' has the best anti-infantry grenade in the game, a shield that is only useful against infantry, and not only that but the ability to restock their lock-on rockets that can hit both land AND air vehicles from a distance through Engineers, anywhere on the map.
    > Light Assault which gets only two blocks of C4 before having to either die or return to a terminal, has no effective grenades, and is frankly one of the easiest targets in the game while flying and has to get within two feet of a tank while doing this and spend four seconds placing things that will not explode if not triggered by hand or by direct damage to the explosive, and will disappear upon respawn, is considered unfair because it can a'splode a single tank per lifetime if said tank user isn't paying enough attention.

Sense made; None.
    • Up x 2
  4. ShinBreaker

The Light Assault has been nerfed sooooo badly. LA deserves C4 more than infiltrators.
    • Up x 2
  5. Copasetic

Those 200 resources get me 1, maybe 2 kills if all goes well. Your 450 resources can net you dozens of kills and last well beyond the cooldown timer if you use it right. I don't see the problem.
    • Up x 7
  6. NaySayer

LA is nerfed to hell, we lost alot of our mobility. The only tool we have is c4. The infiltrator actually has tools and abilities. Cloaked infies running around c4ing everything, yeah that's really fair. Go home, you're drunk op.
    • Up x 3
  7. Decian

So much win in this post. And 90% of the time we throw the c4 THEN get killed which means the resources are wasted.
    • Up x 4
  8. Killerdude8

C4 Fairies flyin all over the place, C4ing everything, Go home poster, You're drunk.
  9. MarkAntony

You must be joking. It is the only utility they have. The ability to quickly take out enemy armor and infantry with hit and run attacks. Taking C4 from LAs effectively takes them out of the game.
    Much like giving away the location of Crossbow stalker in the deathscreen. But I digress....

TL;DR LAs should keep C4. They are UP as is with a lacking class tool.
    • Up x 2
  10. Daibar

i'm glad you can see it from my point of view on text, please play the class more, see how difficult it actually is.

again, please play the class and get the C4 yourself and then get back to us.
  11. Sandpants

This isn't even about LA not having a tool slot or being punched in the face one way or another every update. If you get C4d in a tank then you made a ballsy move - got into cosy space where LA has the advantage of mobility and cover through environment. It's the tank drivers piloting mistake, not C4 being OP in LA.

If you get C4d in an open field there is a myriad of bad things you should be called.

C4 fairies is something you see where the general population are potato. It's the easiest class to see. And as soon as it's spotted, which is instantaneous, you get shot at. There isn't a lot of environment that LA can use to its advantage.

Then there is a delay after throwing before you can detonate that is long enough for you to lose 200res. 200 res gets you one tank kill. 450res for a tank gets you a ton of infantry kills. 20 mins cooldown is not 20 mins once you invest into the timer.

It's just that your arguments are all situational and hinge on small details that can be looked at from more than one perspective.
    When you can argue about something for ages, you can kinda assume it's balanced.

C4 is not OP on LA. There are occasions where LAs trademark can be used to an advantage to deploy C4. That's it. When LA can shoot C4 from a launcher then you can consider how a "dedicated AV" class can't insta-gib a tank. I dearly do not give a fudge that HA with magic win shield and a tool which is as good as a primary weapon cannot insta-gib a tank.

HA has the potential to do it without risk.

To say LA kills tanks without a risk is just clueless.
    • Up x 3
  12. Lakora

Simple solution.

Remove C4 from Light Assault and Medic.
    Remove LMGs n Pistols from Heavies along with not allowed rockets to be dumbfired EVER instead they can lockon maxes.
    Leave Infils and Engi's

There you go now you got your
    DPS(LA)
    Healer(Medic)
    Tank(Heavy)
    Rogue(Infil)
    Support?(Engi)
  13. Halkesh

I don't like the idea to remove C4 from LA because they are supposed to be siege breaker. If infiltrator don't have C4, it's for the same reason they don't have shotgun : they can be invisible.
    Actually, if your tank is killed by C4, it's your fault. If infiltrator have C4, even guy with good situational awareness will be killed.

In my mind, since LA role is siege breaker, they shouldn't have access to normal C4, no. Instaid, give them "light C4" as a tool.
    This light C4 will be less effective in some situation than normal C4 (less effective on sunderer for exemple) but it will work like recon dart : no ressource cost and can be reloaded on ammo pack.
  14. Bortasz

Heavy assault can insta kill the tank. They must buy C4 as LA, and throw on tank, like LA. LA have superior maneuverability and can do this easier.

I much prefer increasing speed on rockets, so HA have better range to attack tanks.
  15. repairtool6

Just my opinion:

Remove the second c4 form heavy and medic (they can keep 1 for anti-max capability, that is just needed with the max-spam going on). Engie get to keep 4 with utilitypouch.

Let LA cert utilitypouch so they also can run with maximum 4 C4 (maybe even 5?).

Im mostly tanker myself but complaining about LA's gibbing your tank is just embarrasing. Dont do it - get better.

Light assaults needs MORE C4, not less
  16. Inf1nite

Considering that LA, like all other classes except infiltrator, can not cloak, it makes sense that they should be able to counter tanks and MAXes (no I am not saying the cloak is perfect). C-4 for the LA is why (I think) 90% of people play the LA class. Otherwise their only advantage over every other class is being able to have higher vantage points.

Even though Prowlers cost 450 resources, Lightnings cost 300, and MAXes cost 350, C-4, rocket launchers, and tank mines are their only counters. Rocket launchers cost 0 resources to get, Tank Mines cost 150 (for 2), and C-4 costs the most, at 200 resources (for 2). C-4 is available to all classes (excluding MAX and Infiltrator) yet rocket launchers are exclusive to HA, and Tank Mines are exclusive to Engineer. So why are you complaining about C-4 for LA and not Rockets for HA which they get for FREE!

Another disadvantage of C-4 over Rockets and Tank Mines is the time it takes until it blows up. You have to wait a whole two seconds to detonate it after you drop it. That's definetely enough time for a Magrider to blast you out of the air or for a MAX to obliterate you with his Hacksaws. Tank Mines can be detonated with a tank rolling over them but C-4 requires detonation or bullets to activate it. Rockets can just go as soon as you press your left mouse button, and some are even lock on launchers. Do you see any lock on C-4? Nope. C-4 has already been nerfed a decent amount, the range was decreased by a meter or so which is a major change to killing MAXes or trying to time your detonation just right as the Vanguard rolls right over your C-4.

The only advantage that LA has with C-4 over the other classes is that it can use it's jump jets to get over their targets (MAXes and tanks). The jump jets define the LA class as well as C-4. As I stated before, I think the majority of people only play LA because they can have that extra height against targets. If you think that LA shouldn't have C-4 (even though they cost 200 resources) then why should HA have rocket launchers for free? LA would be almost useless if they didn't have C-4.
  17. NaySayer

Do you even think before posting? You're saying a person that is NOT cloaked and clearly visible and loud hovering around with c4 is more of a threat than an infie running stalker and c4. Lol, seriously, just stop.
  18. Killerdude8

It's called a Blind spot, LA's can fly into said Blind spot and insta gib your tank. Other Classes with C4 don't have the same advantage, because in order to get into C4 range you must run around within a tanks FoV.

But again, Something is wrong when the Light Assault is more effective at killing Armour than the Heavy Assault, The designated AT class.
    • Up x 1
  19. Schwak

A br28 showing SOE how to improve their game. Git gud SOE.
  20. RyanGUK

You know what the solution to this is? You make it so you have to be on the floor to place a C4. LA's keep their C4, they can't drop it down like sprinkly death toppings, and any other class is unaffected by that change as they're all on the floor.

Except that's not a solution you should be seriously considering.

The game isn't broken, light assault should definitely have C4. With being able to fly over tanks and drop down bombs on them, that's just one of very FEW advantages of playing a LA. Taking that away would make the class nothing more than flies on a car bumper.

And just to say about infiltrators not having C4, the reason why they don't have C4 is because if you're complaining about LAs dropping bombs now, infiltrators not being noticeable and coming up behind you and planting a bomb is the LAST thing you'll want.

I like BOLDNESS.
    • Up x 1