[Guide] Infiltrators are OVERPOWERED....

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Darkelfdruid_LOL, Sep 1, 2013.

1. nubery

Do you know what my outfit does when TR pull a striker squad and camp a location? We drop snipers nearby and completely shut them down, then pick off their sunderer with air.

When squads in my outfit are advancing on a point we have either an infil rolling with them or a sniper providing over-watch. On big days we have a team providing over-watch. I pick off the medics, and the other snipers. I pick off the heavies with lock-ons. I'm not pretending to be a super sniper, because I'm not. It just seems to me you want to be the end all to everything infantry, and I think that is silliness.

When you drop a medic, he needs to be revived. When his buddy tries to revive him you pick him off, and then his next buddy. You can be plenty effective with a sniper rifle, and your K/D can easily reflect it. 'BUT K/D MEANS NOTHING!' Every one of those kills means some sod needs a revive, and every one of those sods means you have a chance to shoot another medic. All in all this means less infantry able to shoot at your friends.

Note that I'm not saying that nanoweave should save you from being headshot by the best rifle in the game, because it shouldn't. All I'm saying is you aren't worthless you just think we are.
  2. LazerusQAI

you said it yourself, you fight against camps. thats not suppressing, thats just a counter against a rare-formation.
    But you have not told me, what a sniper can do once the enemy is inside the base.

I play TR on Woodman, and i have rarely seen Striker Squads or in general rocket-squads. Not on our side, not on the enemy side.
    Mostly just some mixed teams with snipers, rockets, max (mostly ZOE, rarely see the NC Max) and medics.
    A Squad without a medic? no problem, a squad with a Bunny-NW5-Medic? hell, a squad with two or more of them? just forget it.
    dont forget that they can move while they heal and revive, a headshot is hard to score because they wont stand still, and if you hit, it wont kill them.
    Tried it a while ago with a friend, two snipers with the Rams 50 against two VS Bunny-NW5-Medics. no chance. we took one down, and while we were loading our next bullet, he was standing again. The Prowler did the work then.
    I love sniping and i will always do it, but it feels so meaningless during a battle, if you have no use once the enemy is inside your walls.
  3. Darkelfdruid_LOL

I wana play with you and show you the lols you can have with an infi inside a base :D :D

I do this daily, even chuckling right now just thinking about it.

Run through a mass of enemy cloaking and uncloaking WHILE screaming "I need a medic".

So many times they cleared the room them self lol. Do this with max too. Scream for repairs while max on hp.

Doesn't work all the time but is funny as hell when it happens :D
    • Up x 1
  4. nubery

Your thought process makes no sense. You want snipers to be useful inside CQB, the very place they should NEVER placed in any situation.

If you're firing on defenders at a base you are suppressing them from defending the walls. The more of you the more suppression on their forces. HAs can't effectively kill off friendly armor or spray bullet hoses if you're sniping them while they try to line up rocket shots. Engies can't rep turrets if you put a bullet in their head while they're trying. Medics can't res if they're dead. Infils can't suppress YOUR guys if they're being counter sniped.

In every instance you have described yourself as one or two strong versus a squad of people. Squads have 12 people, mate. It damn well better be hard to wipe a 12 man squad with less than half their numbers, and yet it isn't impossible.
  5. LazerusQAI

thats the point, i dont want to be a CQB Sniper, but with the current situation you are almost forced to do it.
    At long range you cant kill a NW target, you cant suppress the enemy because they will just shake it off or get revived, and you just cant aim for a bunny-nw-medic at long range. A good medic wont stand still for you to blow his head away, he will move, wiggle and jump, but he will not go on his knees for you. His movement is impossible to calculate, combined with the easy NW counter, you just cant kill all of them before they revive eachother (how long does it take? 1.5s maxed?) - and this is not limited to the medics, everyone will move like a drunken monkey in a fight if he wants the extra-benefit to survive. There are only two targets that will stand still:
    HA Anti-Vehicle with dumb-fire, Engineer behind his turret. Even a sniper will move around if he wants to survive, he just does it while he is cloaked - then uncloak, shoot, cloak, move away, there is no static combat for a good player. Thats the point. its hard enough to hit such a target, and NW is even worse there. so, whats the solution?
    move closer for a better and more deadly shot? yup, thats not sniping, but you have said that too, NW is bad :(
    there is just no real use or situation for that kind of long-range combat :s

There is usually no target at the walls or at a tower, they are behind the wall inside the building or on the other side of the shield, a place where you cant hit them at long range. There are only a few players who leave the building to score a few kills or repair points, they are the only targets that you can shoot at long-range, and even then you cant hit them from most positions because of all these walls. 99% of them are inside that building figthing with the main strikeforce, the fight where your sniper has no impact.
    because of NW and the map design, you are sooner or later forced to fight at mid or close range, as you said, no place for a sniper.
    if you aim for those "camps", they are allready in range to shoot your base, that means that you simply cant "control" them, they will get closer and closer, the sniper has no impact to stop them, he is just annoying.

As you said "Engis cant rep turrets, HAs cant line up rockets" - these are all most likely Camp-targets. Thats not Suppression, thats simple egoistic farming. A base-turret is down before the engi can fire its second shot, i have never seen a real use for them and cant understand why they are even there if they cant defend. Even the engi-turrets are better.
    Camp VS Camp has nearly no impact on the real fight - the fight that decides who owns the zone, the fight that is behind the walls inside the building - the place where you will rarely see a Sniper. If you could snipe a guy who is about to take over a point - that would make a difference, that would be suppression, but every single capture-target is inside a building or covered by walls, so a sniper has no impact here, the guy with the big gun and the heavy shield provides the impact for the target, not the sniper.

I have more long-range impact if i place a tank on the same sniper hill. a tank can hit multiple targets at once inside the room, jsut because of the explosive shell.

I have not said "two against a squad" i said "two of us against two bunny-nw-medics"
    if i could fight agaisnt a whole squad...hell that would be crazy o.o
    it was just a fight of two sniper against two necromancers. not fun :(

lets just hope that the sentence is true, that they want to remove the damage-drop of sniper rifles, and that it would make an impact at long range combat. until then it makes no real sense to discuss about long-range sniping. a small sniper squad could suppress enemy troops by hitting them in the chest then, damage without the drop should be high enough to make them feel it, and a headshot would be deadly.
    then some better cloaking and hacking, and we would even have a close-range use.
    let us just hope, and not argue about meaningless broken things, i mean...most of us agree with the NW problem, once it is fixed, it will be all different.