[Guide] Infiltrators are OVERPOWERED....

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Darkelfdruid_LOL, Sep 1, 2013.

1. Darkelfdruid_LOL

....if played right.

Okay, let me put on the anti flame jacket before people start saying they need a buff and flaming me in the process.
    And before you reply (if you decide to), then read till the end of what I have to say.

Okay...let me start with this. I lurk forums from time to time, and I see threads keep popping up such as "Are infiltrators worth to play" or "is sniping worth it...."or even people crying how much infiltrators suck; So when i opened today's forums and I see a thread "Last Chance SOE". And surely it is someone crying about infiltrators...then I read on; few crying that infiltrators are ****** class...and those posts get a like....I face palmed my self quite hard and stopped reading there before I caused my self anymore harm....

I will write it in a way that even the "pros" of this game that play infiltrator, think infiltrators suck.

You.Are.Playing.It.Wrong.
    Last week I got a week off a lot of responsibilities in my life so I thought, "hey, why don't I see how much certs I can get playing infiltrator while still having fun!" So I got the 50% xp for a week and i subscribed for a month for the first time, which in turn gave me 75% more xp gain.

Now of course...playing one class for an entire week and strictly nothing else would make the game a bit dull in my personal opinion and thus render the whole idea of "gaming" useless...

If you are not having fun while playing....why the hell are you playing ...o_O :confused:

At time I did play Light Assult or MAX (ZOE LOL) where fights were in biolabs and you just couldn't get a kill as an infiltrator, and I also played Light Assult with a mate of mine, just jumping off HIGH cliffs and C4'ing sunderers ( which did eat up some time on farming btw)

During the day, I kept an eye on cert farm, in which i gained 100 certs per hour MINIMUM. during zergs at one point I got 250-300+/- AS AN INFILTRATOR, while playing other classes, reduced my cert income by quite a margin over the long run.

So being a moron like I am and not thinking the experiment through, I did not take the before picture, but I had just under 600 certs at the start of the farm week. While at the end of the week I have 8666 certs.

[here my profile, but s it is a new month, the scores are screw'd. But in that week i gained quite a number of ranks

https://players.planetside2.com/#!/5428021759084482865/stats ]

[IMG]

that screenshot was taken today before I finished "a project". I farmed around 8000 certs in less than a week. During that of course I didn't play 24/7, with taking breaks, training and other daily activities that us people tend to do... but all in all, I probably played 6-9hours a day for this week, maybe even more on some days....:confused: (never again)

So 8k certs farmed in 6 days, as there were issues with the time on the xp perk; while still messing about with people and other classes. All in all, I played infiltrator 70-80% of the time.

Now to the L2P ISSUES.

Now, I do not hold my self a professional player of this game like some of you are; no where near that good. BUT, I am not a total clueless BR1 either.

From my experience at least, I have been getting report threats to me from 1 to couple a week, even more this week....

[IMG]

[IMG]

These are just few that I saved recently for "insurance" purposes, as I am actually paranoid now will I get banned or something...

Now to the good infiltrators out there, tell me, have you not got "hacker!" hate towards you? I'm pretty sure you did at some point or another, even the average infiltrators like me have...i'm freaking sure of it!:mad:

So...hmmmm a class that is "CRAP" and needs "BUFFS" keeps getting hack accusations. well sure you may think, it is because most hackers play infiltrator due to aim bot head shots - maybe so, but I'm sure more innocent players get accused of hacking on infiltrator than on let's say a max or a heavy etc, etc.

SO....HOW TO PLAY?!

It is actually so simple that it is automatically "wtf". As an infiltrator...remember you are not wearing armor, you are wearing tissue made of toilet paper for armor, thus you will die f***ing fast. So your opponents will expect you to stay behind, or not be "near" them ..obviously. Well you must play that game of predicting the future.

They don't expect you to be near them? Go right on the tree where they are spawning with silencer and get a 40+ kill streak. Good infiltrators will look around into the distant corners of hills, trees, mountains - so don't hide there... find your self a bush, in the middle of an OPEN field and happy farming.

Then you cry..."oh....but our cloak sucks..it is so loud and people can see it from so far away :("..................

IT'S A CLOAK, NOT INVISIBILITY SUIT.

It's not the cloak, it's how you use it :oops:.;)

CQC infiltrators cry about loudness of the cloak. Well don't cloak when you enter a building, cloak before hand. Even if they hear you, 70% of the time you can choose if you want to fight that individual, if not, then just run away (or if ZOE max, just /suicide :D)

What I tend to do is this. Cloak before you pass a corner, like here ( pro paint skills )

[IMG]

If no one at 2) then unloak, if there is and they heard you, you then can CHOOSE if you want to fight or flight!

And the main sniping cloak use..oh my fellow new infiltrators..I see you doing this, and this is one of main reason for my reports...

A scenario: You and another infiltrator 200-300 meters away are shooting about and suddenly spot each other!
    YOU SHOOT FIRST......miss, god dang it! YOU SUDDENLY Cloak!....................................................................................BUT REMAIN IN THE SAME POSITION:mad:

what makes you think in this way? Oh if he has seen me, and I cloak AND STAND STILL, HE WILL SURELY NOT SHOOT, as his vision is based on movements...

Nope indeed... While cloaked, you look for your prey, once you spotted him/her, you steady your aim to their silly face, uncloak, shoot, move and cloak; and keep moving left/right, back/forth while you reload, get another bullet ready and repeat. Of course some amazing snipers out there will compensate for this and CAN get lucky, nothing you can really do there. (play smg :p )

On this note, to you, a bit more experienced infiltrators as well, I see you...oh I see you doing this. You do the tactic great, but against better infiltrators you will be eating bullets. You spot target, UNCLOAK FIRST, then aim and shot. For a god-tier sniper, that is more than enough time to get you in your head - AIM FIRST, then uncloak - shoot.

BUT NOOB LOL, INFILTRATORS GET EATEN BY HEAVY AND OTHER SMART INFANTRY

... You may be saying, getting ready to flame me, yeah if you use a sh*ty beamer or something...use an smg in that case. And please don't think you are a heavy... I see you infiltrators all the time. Get an SMG, while still wearing toilet paper for armor, standing along max and heavy, shooting at a prowler.... while yelling for repairs....

(talking to you vanu at ceres)

believe it or not, as a CQC infiltrator, either you, as you should know by now, be playing as ...well...an infiltrator - a sneaky bas**rd so to speak, running around low density areas, ramming stuff up to stationary infantry's a** and running away.

well that works, but from my play, What works better is to F*CK it all and run into the mass shoot fest while cloaked. When it is a zerg v zerg situation around a plane field with trees, it is your golden opportunity to be hated on your server. In all of that commotion ( especially if you use a camo), they won't even SEE you running into their face, shooting them and running away, let alone hear you cloak. Trees are your hospitals, so to speak.

People behind a tree shooting at allies? run it, kill ONE... yeah don't get greedy or you will die....and run away(unless they are clueless, continue to delete them from area); well by run away I simply mean run around that same tree and repeat. If you are lucky, can get easily 10+ streaks going, or even going back for ammo.
    [ oh and night times..Jesus, as VS at least, take off all camo at night....base camo is god like for CQC infiltrators]

Now, the pesky infantry that you do not want to go near, even as an SMG infiltrator ( unless you see him first...and he is facing the other way..and reloading..and no armor...and low hp..and all alone and you are full on everything...), yeah I'm talking about heavy and maxes.

To win against a max 1v1 is very unlikely, unless max player is new to game and has base weapons, you WILL have hard..HARD....HARD..near impossible time killing maxes - but it is not impossible; just have to apply the heavy deleting tactic with night time. As this post is getting quite lengthy and boring for you to read [ did anyone even bother to read this far?], I'll just put down a short simple way to kill heavy a lot of the time, even if they see you first.

Bolt action sniper- hip fire.

There is a trick to get consistent hip fire shots. Shoot + knife combination feels like you are running around with a pump action shotgun, sometimes you forget about the secondary weapon all together.

To kill a heavy, simply get a shot on him,
    cloak,
    run around like a guy high on batteries,
    when ready, shoot+knife. and his EXTRA armor will do him JACK SH*T.

of course...I already HEAR some of you. What makes the class gimped is the ****** bugs, such as you cloak, but your head and gun doesn't cloak. or you spam F and nothing happens...But even so, with these bugs, as the infiltrator, as the lone wolf, you have the ability to not only chose who you kill and when you kill, you can also choose which ever creative way you CAN kill someone.

And what ever I said you don't believe me, or say this stuff is obvious, then please. No more infiltrator crying threads. Practice the class and you will laugh you a** off at times in game, while whispering to your self "sh*t rofl this class may need a nerf tbh..."

Here, my facepalm motivated me to finish this video. Not a skill video. I tried to make it as entertaining to watch as possible.

• Up x 11
  2. Astraka

Nice video. Enjoyed the music, the surprise SMG attacks, the god-like pistol skills, and the SWEET 360NOSCOPEZ. The class has definitely come into its own as one of the better Infantry classes in the game now that SOE has fixed the visibility of our cloak - though even before that the class was pretty good for those who knew how to use it.

The only problem I have with the Infiltrator is that aside from killing infantry we don't have much going for us. Speaking from experience, no competitive team is going to bring more than one Infiltrator and that one is only for the Recon Darts.
  3. Deschain

A nice post, but Infils aren't overpowered, you just need a brain to play them correctly. I play an offensive infiltrator with smg max nano cloak max nano armour+ 4med packs and maxed recon, my time is spent flanking like an oil tanker to get inside the enemy lines. I average 1k cp a day if I get a good day gaming.
    • Up x 1
  4. Deschain

It's true, as an infil we have nothing going for us except killing stupid people who have a bad situation awareness. Hope SOE give us more tools like the ability to hack and decon vehicles, hell even the option to C4 would be a nice start.
  5. TheRighteous

I don't get the people who have a problem with infiltrator tbh.
    I do alright with it, and im only BR 40 :D

Some good tips btw. Be unexpected! :eek:
    • Up x 1
  6. Astraka

I think the problem people have with the Infiltrator is that it requires you to be good at capitalizing on situations where the enemy is preoccupied (respawns at the Sunderer, focused on AA, open field stalemates), and be good at shooting/moving for those times when those situations are not available. These things require a bit more skill/wit then playing the other classes who are on more even terms in combat situations and lack the ability to easily flank groups.
  7. LazerusQAI

Most things are OP when you know how to use them.
    not only here, its the same in every other game
  8. Darkelfdruid_LOL

Well maybe not in competitive action, but it is not like each server zergs are competitive gameplay.

I merely pointed out that infiltrators in a day to day basis game, with casuals and semi pros ("idk what that means"), can be one of the most fun classes to play, not only that but one of the classes that greatly rewards skilled play, which in a god like infi, they CAN seem overpowered, even though in truth, it is the player that makes it a good class.

In ceres, a friend of mine a while back had organised an all infi squad. It was 15-20 infiltrators at one point. Organised such a thing wasn't easy, but GOD it was fun. Practically seeing a max and then one shotting it [ even if you miss, surely several others will get him] is quite a sight indeed
  9. LazerusQAI

just watched the video...awesome gameplay, hope i will never see you on the battlefield xD
    players like you are OP, it seems that you have mastered it, but most player are not that good, for them the infil feels UP, especially if you want to snipe, you cant kill your target in one hit because of NW, then he covers behind something and heals full. In these cases the Infil feels UP, and SMG infil is not a gameplay for everyone, some just want to snipe over long distances.
    You showed some pretty good shots there, but most of your headshot were at closerange, and the few longrange shots i have seen you took two bodyshots instead, but still: awesome gameplay^^
  10. Deschain

Yup I can't play the sniper game, soon as I finished Auraxium on Longshot and NC-14 I swore to never hold a sniper riffle again, SMG infiltrator is my kind of gameplay. But I want more to that class than simply farming kills, infils need a role in the war like everyone else.

Planetside Infiltrators had a lot more tools to play with, than in Planetside2, here's hoping they take note of that for future updates.
    • Up x 1
  11. m44v

12. Orpheus66

What's with the circle jerk going on in here?

I am sure if I play 50+ hours as a Infiltrator I will get some lucky kills from time to time. I turned the video off after a few because other then having a decent k/d ratio your play has no impact on the battlefield, you didn't take any objectives and didn't work in a team. Grats on getting behind people and shooting them in the back but honestly I didn't see anything special.

As for the class my biggest advice is to take your time. You won't win most fights fighting head on so avoid it, and honestly if I get into a fight I didn't start I am looking for a way out immediately.
  13. Darkelfdruid_LOL

Well I think you missed the entire point of this thread then mate. This wasn't a video for "team play" or doing any "objectives". Matter of fact, this wasn't a video thread overall; if you even read the thread. Video is just there because of infiltrators crying all the time that they can't win any fights 1 on 1, sounds familiar? Many infiltrators play as lone wolfs, and I tend to enjoy shooting people and having 1 on 1 with others. Matter of fact, I enjoy going in after more than 1 on 1.

As you say you won't win any fights head on; well maybe you won't, but there are many, MANY infiltrators that do. So taking your own advice into account of taking your time, you might win some fights head on and find it enjoyable :).
    • Up x 1
  14. m44v

Most people here don't complain about losing 1 on 1 fights. They complain that the Infiltrator is useless and has no purpose other than flipping a terminal for switch classes.
  15. Snoozzzer

Has anyone else noticed....

....that infiltrators are the least played class but the most talked about?
    • Up x 2
  16. Astraka

It is because we have had quite a lot of issues, and in some respects we still do. Lack of good weaponry prior to SMGs, wonky cloak prior to it being 'fixed', countless bugs like AP mine issues & hacking problems, Nanoweave blocking OHK Bolt Action shots, Scout Rifle troubles... the list goes on. Our revamp is the first on the list, so we've got plenty of ideas & suggestion threads. We're a fast paced combat class which leads to a lot of fun video montages. We're also one of the harder classes to play, which gives rise to a large amount of "Infiltrators suck!" threads and several "This is how you play Infiltrator" threads in response.
    • Up x 1
  17. Dr. Euthanasia

I prefer to complain about how the cloak doesn't function when players are looking in your direction while within its reduced rendering distance, myself.

Sure, the Infiltrator is good if you play it right. You just need to change your definition of "right" to exclude effective stealth gameplay, sniping players with the expectation of one-shot kills, and the ability to sabotage or otherwise interact with important objectives like capture points or Sunderers. Does that make people wrong for wishing these things were possible?
    • Up x 1
  18. Astraka

I think the things you listed are very much possible right now.

I feel that melding with groups of enemies and slaughtering a great deal of them is effective stealth gameplay, as is getting through heavily contended areas unmolested to find the unwary folks inside the towers, as is bypassing the front lines of an Amp Station to butcher the Heavies, Engineers, and Snipers slowing my faction's advance. I also find myself interacting with capture points & Sunderers (although not directly) multiple times every play session. Sniping is something I've lost interest in for the most part, but I seem to do alright with the Standard Bolt-Driver and the M77-B the few times I decide to use them.

We could use more objectives to work with so it isn't always, "kill, kill, kill!", but otherwise we're in pretty good shape.
  19. Dr. Euthanasia

Right, of course. How could I forget? You're the one who believes the Infiltrator has an advantage in these situations.

I can admit that the cloak is useful for approaching objectives from a distance, outside. This is mostly because it prevents you from rendering. This is also not good enough. If you think this is good enough, you are not considering the capacity for stealth gameplay possessed by other classes. Any class using a drop pod or ejection seat can accomplish what you just described with a minimal loss in efficiency upon arrival, and either of those options are still objectively the best approach even for an infiltrator player. Using the cloak is a pointless risk and often your last resort in any situation that involves avoiding attention, even if you're trying to run past a front line that is well beyond your rendering range. Going around or above is always faster and safer.

You're playing the class least equipped to deal with Sunderers, and your ability to spot them safely isn't even valuable because death has no meaning in this game. No class has any advantage over the others when interacting with capture points, unless you want to consider combat ability and sustainability for the purposes of defending them, which means HAs and medics get the prize instead of nobody. Hooray.

Well of course you do. There is no diversity between any sniper in the game great enough to make the expensive choices matter, yet any player willing to invest the in-game equivalent of pocket change into what is already the best generalist suit slot available gets a free pass every time you shoot him beyond a certain, extremely unforgiving distance. More certs invested means the distance becomes even less forgiving and they get to carry around four instant full-heals just in case you thought aiming center mass was a good follow-up.

I don't even care about the Nanoweave versus Snipers issue, but that doesn't mean I'm going to pretend it doesn't exist.
    • Up x 1
  20. Astraka

You don't have a clue if you think simply having an ejection seat or a drop pod is enough to do what the Infiltrator can do without these things. I can jump from my Mossy or land in a drop pod on a tower for instance as a Heavy Assault or Medic, and I will promptly be shot down because I am visible 100% of the time. As an Infiltrator I can slaughter dozens.

I can fly in or drop in as an Engineer over the walls of an Amp Station and try to take out the Heavies, Engineers, and Snipers slowing my faction's push; but I can't do it even a fraction as well as the Infiltrator can.

I could drop or fly in and C4 one or two of those gun turrets aiding enemy tanks in their push against my guys and keeping the sky clear of aircraft, but only as an Infiltrator can I stop them from shooting in an instant and turn them against my unwary enemies.

I don't just spot them. I run around and kill everyone spawning from them. Have you never done this? Are you telling me that you've never infiltrated an enemy Sunderer emplacement and kept their troops on cooldown? I may not directly influence that Sunderers death when it inevitably explodes, but you can be damn sure that I am one of the reasons my troops were able to get to it in the first place. Think outside the box Doctor, it isn't all about the explosions.

As for the capture points, I need no special advantage nor did I say we had one. You said,

I interact with them all the time. I capture them all the time. I defend them all the time. I may not be as good as a MAX unit, but I'm just as good as any Heavy or Engineer. Having my Recon Darts let my friends know when they're coming is just icing on the cake.

What are you going on about? You said you can't snipe players with the expectation of OHKs, and I do it all the time with the basic rifle. Sometimes they live, but most of the time they die. If they don't die in that first shot I just hit them again. I know that isn't what people what to do, but I do it and most of the time it works fine.