[Suggestion] Infiltrator vs Vehicles- daybreak please!

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by AlphaBravo, May 31, 2015.

1. Get2dachoppa

For starters I'd say that's a really weak argument if you think Infiltrators are better at stopping infantry than Heavy Assaults (the class that literally DOES have everything and has a use in every combat scenario). Still, all you're really saying here is "Infiltrators can kill infantry so you don't deserve AV options". That's a cop out. Every class can kill infantry and every class but the infiltrator still has some kind of AV option at their disposal.

Every class does have a use. Know what every class also has? An AV option to use. Except the Infiltrator. Its the Infiltrator that is lacking a use that all other classes possess and that's the problem.

Since I already mentioned Heavy Assaults, I'll go back to my previous example with the Medic...

"If the Medic had AV options then the Medic would have a use in literally every scenario just by switching an equipment slot around."

Oh, but you're not saying that about the Medic. Why not? Double standard, perhaps?
    • Up x 1
  2. Nurath

Medics shouldn't have AV though.

as said:
  3. Littleman

Medics don't have AV. C4 isn't an AV tool so much as a dummy check tool in the Medic's hands. In the LA's hands, it's still a dummy check tool, it's just easier to plant because jetpacks are the natural enemy of tank shells. C4 otherwise requires point blank deployment or a hell of an opportunistic vertically superior vantage point to plant for profit. No medic is going to drop C4 on a tank unless it's completely oblivious or stupid enough to park next to a two/three story building and just sit there. Otherwise, if the medic is noticed before getting to the tank, he/she is just going to get murdered by a tank that can back up four times faster than he/she can run. C4 is totally avoidable with good positioning and awareness. As a MAX, you can tack on foresight as well. Anyone that retreats behind man-tall cover or through a door that isn't an HA will inevitably drop C4 in response to a pursuing MAX. It's like a law of nature.

Plus C4 costs nanites. AV turrets, rocket launchers, and AMRs don't.

Basically, C4 doesn't make a class AV capable any more than having a hand gun makes one viable for engaging infantry in any kind of situation. Only an opportunist with the right tools (C4 for LA, pistols for stalker infiltrators) gets any mileage with either. C4 is just compensation for not having any built in method to combat vehicles at all. The only reason it's not available to the infiltrator is because it would be easy to drop C4 on a tank just walking up to it invisible. It's amazing how many infiltrators can walk through an enemy crowd unnoticed. Doubt a herd of tanks is going to be any more perceptive, and the LA are in plain sight with predictable launch points.

But seriously, medics have it the worst right now. Their entire role needs to be re-evaluated. Don't say they have AV when said "AV" is like a band aid on a gaping wound.
    • Up x 2
  4. Alphie_SN

We need hackable doors on bases again. The infiltrator was mandatory on a base attack in PS1 because doors had to be hacked so LA, HA and MAX could get in to cap. I too miss being able to hack abandoned vehicles. It's still just as easy to hack a vehicle terminal and spawn a vehicle, but hacking a vehicle was a lot of fun in PS1. So, I agree there needs more things to hack in PS2. C4 however, I do not agree with for infiltrator. A lot of folks post that every other class has AV, well every other class does not have the capability to go invisible either. So keep that in mind. C4 on an infiltrator will make it OP, no doubt about it. Non-stalkers should have the option of AMR though. It is not OP, when it takes 4 to 5 shots to kill an HA and you have to be decloaked to shoot it.
  5. Rikkit

There are some ways to deal with Vehicles as a cloaker:
    A: Find a dumb driver who drives carelessly over his own faction tankmines and use EMP/Rifle fire to blow him up
    B: The Wraithflash with a furry. (12shots {one full certed magazine} in the back takes away~50% of a tanks health.)
    And oh boy, i stopped counting the amount of vehicles i have killed with my flash.
  6. Ximi

I never played Ps1 but infiltrators hacking unoccupied vehicles sounds good to me.
  7. Rigsta

Infiltrators already have as much AV as they need, imo.

• Up x 2
  8. Invictorum

My only wish for Infil AV is that EMP grenade would temporarily disable their weaponry, or their engines.

Like, 5 seconds or something. Maybe 10.
    • Up x 1
  9. Spoprockl

I think this would be horribly OP with the current EMP radius.

A single infiltrator with grenade bandolier could stop a whole tank column in a narrow pass or on a bridge for 20-40 seconds.

Combine a squad of those infiltrators and the rest of the platoon composed of valkyries loaded with utility pouch engineers and you can take down whole armor zergs with one platoon.
    • Up x 2
  10. SarahM

Infiltrators have access to the crossbow + explosive bolts.
  11. Campagne

Man that overlay was cancerous. :eek:
  12. Biddion

I don't like the idea of hacking vehicles other than possibly hacking a deployed sunderer, where the terminal closes, the gears engage to reverse, and the vehicle dives itself back 10 meters. INF is not a class to take on vehicles. Studying the battlefield and taking out prime targets in whichever method possible is our task.
    • Up x 1
  13. PanzerGoddess

rigsta shows exactly why we don't need anything for anti AV......lol. But I will reply just for the fact I play infiltrator almost all the time....

I strongly request infiltrators become a stronger role in the future. This can be accomplished in multiple options:

1) allow infiltrators to hack and control vehicles that are not in motion, this causes drivers and gunners to be more on the alert at protecting their assets, also utilizing proximity sensor attachments on their vehicles
    ****bad idea.....this is not PS1.....lets just add another thing to make the class look even worse and weak than what people already perceive it as. This would just turn into cheese play....nothing more, there are a lot more infiltrators running around than most think.

2) hack disables weapons systems until the "virus" is removed by a same faction infiltrator or a specific amount of time has lapsed
    *****we already have a faction that shoots laser beams and wears purple dresses....last thing we need is viruses etc ROFL....wth did you even come up with this.
    3) simple and makes sense, allow infiltrators to carry C4, as a recon/special forces class why can a medic carry c4 and a infiltrator can not?
    *****question for question.....why can an infiltrator cloak and hack terminals and anti everything turrets and other classes cannot....strangest thing indeed......and you want C4 too BWAHAHAHAHA
    4) give infiltrators a balanced anti vehicle rifle, allow us to aim for that sweet spot on the back of a tank and make them realize the need to move/ change course
    *****sounds like you should just stick to the other classes as you have no right to play infiltrator....its apparent you don't know how to utilize the class and its specialties already.....tsk tsk....the infy class is not for everyone, at times its the most hated class.....

this class needs better players behind the wheel....its not a class everyone just jumps on and assumes it can do everything o_O
    • Up x 1
  14. SupaFlea

if Infil get a weapon to destroy vehicles should LA get scout rifles and claymores then? Infil is a LA if your good enough at it as is, and in PS1 a cloaker couldn't carry enough boomers to take out a tank and 1 single boomer was about as much dmg as a av grenade to a max if i recall.

I myself am LA primary and Infil assault sniper secondary, HA is supposed to deal with everything, that's its job, LA is a lil ok at both but when you have experience players who know how to drive and pilot vehicles getting close to C4 is even hard. Medic and Engie both have anti av tools but you Engie for range and ambush and Medic solely as ambush since they cant get close enough to vehicles to use C4, now imagine a class that can cloak and destroy/cripple vehicles lol

A stealth smg class with anti vehicle capabilities would make LA obsolete and maybe even a better choice than some HA and Engie occasion. 2 or 3 Infils cloaked and run up to a sundy hide underneath it and C4 imagine the chaos, almost as bad as when poor infil complained when they took away shotguns from the infil class because surprise instagib method lol
    • Up x 1
  15. Rikkit

Well, there was a point in the history where we cloakers almost get access to the Archer. But aparently the devs decided to not give us this tool for X Reasons. It's sad, but after that i don't belive the cloaker would ever get an AV- Weapon stronger than the Crossbow.
    But hey, we have always the option to pull a Fury-wraith-flash.
    Don't underestimate the power of it, and take it as the cloaker way to deal with vehicles.
    As Phalanx turret is to situational at the moment. (May change with the ANT-Update)
  16. SarahM

Seriously, hacking AV base turrets and firing at the enemies back out of seemingly nowhere is pretty strong.
  17. StaHoo33

I have one answer to you when u play infantry and encounter vehicle only thing you should do is :
    [IMG]
    but hey... its ps2 where everyone want to be John Rambo
    • Up x 1
  18. Crayv

Infil has a great AV role: Infils are THE class you pick for when you want to drive the mighty anti-tank vehicle.
  19. Tormentos

Forget C4, forget HE tank mines...

What I want are EMP mines. Picture a tank running over an EMP mine, stopping dead in its track for about 20 seconds.
    It's sabotage and can be a death sentence if sitting there like a duck. If we can't destroy tanks, then at least let us stop them. Every little second we stall them until reinforcements are on their way, we infiltrators can do our troops good.

I say a cloaked flash hitting an EMP mine stops and decloaks (along with the driver suffering all effets as if being hit with an EMP nade), a Harrasser hitting one stops, a lightning hitting two mines stops, a MBT or a Sunderer hitting three stop. This seems balanced to me since we present these vehicles to our heavier or flying friends with rocket launchers and C4 on a silver plate, enhance teamwork and set up ambushes of the worst kind.

And of course, due to the fact that vehicle hacking might be a thing in the future, such ambushes might give us the opportunity to aquire some of these vehicles, if these mines force the enemy out of their death trap tin can so they won't get blown up.
  20. Tormentos

Giving this some more and deeper thought. So the size of the vehicle determines the effect each EMP mine will have on the vehicle.

Flash: One EMP mine for 100% engine failure until the vehicle nanites kick in and restart after 20 seconds Driver and passenger are suffering EMP grenade effects.

Harrasser: One EMP mine for a 75% engine slow down effect for 20 seconds, passenger in the backseat is suffering EMP grenade effects. A second EMP mine and the Harrasser is suffering a complete engine failure for 20 seconds

Lightning: One EMP mine for a 50% engine slow down effect for 20 seconds, a second EMP mine and the Lightning tankis suffering a complete engine failure for 20 seconds

MBT/Sunderer One EMP mine for a 33% slow down effect for 20 seconds, each further mine slows down further 33% until total standstill. Prowler lose their lockdown ability to transform to Siege tanks, Vanguards lose their ability to use their shields and Magrider lose their ability to crawl up mountains. Sunderer lose their ability to deploy after hitting the mine or GSD (not certain what might be more reasonable there. The mines will not undeploy an already deployed Sunderer) Engage radar and scout radar will be scrambled as well as the turret vision on that vehicle.

EMP mines will be the equivalent to emp grenades and infantry. If you are inside the vehicle, the effect won't affect you. If you are, however, on the outside of the vehicle like for example Flash or Harrasser, you will be affected Which basically means that passengers being inisde the vehicle will all have their shields and overshield and cloaking energy, but the vehicle is out of power. This is just for vehicles. If you want an explanation why, on Auraxis they have highly devised faraday cages to shield the individuals from said EMP effect, yet NS has developed a mine that penetrates this cage enough to disable the vehicle.

So this will be an ambush weapon, not set to destroy, but to take over a vehicle. If all classes specialize in their way to destroy enemy vehicles, what better thing for an infiltrator than to disable a tank, maybe force the driver out with the mines (Don't know if this would be OP, but what else to do than sitting in a tin can waiting for some heavy to get his can opener?), hack the vehicle and infiltrate it with a faction specific vehicle that baffles the enemies long enough for him to cause mayhem? Even more so with the upcoming victory generators that can blow up in a large area, the advantage of hacked vehicles becomes obvious. Giving the infiltrator the means to lay out traps for that specific purpose is not asking too much I think.

Infiltrator stole my Magrider! I can already see the meme! :D