Infiltrator nerf?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MasterCheef, Jun 20, 2013.

1. MasterCheef

"Any cloaked infiltrators that are part of your faction are now highlighted in your faction color."

One way the inf cloak worked was that you were able to blend in with the enemy. It wasnt always easy to tell a friendly inf from enemy. This worked in the infiltrators favor IMO.
    • Up x 13
  2. Spoprockel

Guess it won't be long until they stick flashing lights and a cowbell to cloaked infiltrators :p
    • Up x 6
  3. maxkeiser

Just more dumbing down, I'm afraid.

Now there will be no confusion about who is a friendly or enemy inflitrator. Just look for the glow.

Very sad to see the way this game is going.
    • Up x 4
  4. Angry Scientist

So you'd rather be shot by twitchy players in the middle of battle and killed? Okay.
    • Up x 1
  5. TheBillOf3D

Yes, friendly fire is such a benefit to the Infiltrator. They shouldn't help friendlies identify you so you can feel justified in revenge killing your teammate for twitch killing your glimmer after he just already killed enemy infiltrators.
  6. HadesR

Well NC default has the lights ... Bring on the cowbells :p
  7. MasterCheef

umm, actually yes. It wasnt as big a problem.

I'd much rather the occasional TK, instead of losing ability to walk among the enemy looking like a friendly inf.
    • Up x 4
  8. Goden

I've shot at teammates numerous times for running past me cloaked when they're not being ID'ed properly as friendlies. This is a change that would make this a non-issue by letting me identify who is cloaked when someone runs past. Currently, cloaked friendlies have a nametag but it can be really hard to see and sometimes doesn't show up. This is especially annoying when in a vehicle because it's very difficult to see them and TK's can happen often.

A little extra team identification is dumbing the game down? Are you out of your mind?

Yo, if you're running around in your enemies faces while cloaked it doesn't matter if you're highlighted or not - they're going to shoot you. Maybe, oh I don't know, you shouldn't be within arms-reach of your enemies when playing as inf? Then again at that range you're probably a SMG cloaker so not like I have much respect in the first place.
    • Up x 1
  9. RasFW

What he's saying is now any cloaker blob that ISNT glowing near you is now automatically an enemy infiltrator. Instead of "hey, maybe thats one of our guys because I can't see his armor color and I'm not looking at the indicator."
    • Up x 4
  10. TeknoBug

Yes this is a silly addition, I usually didn't have a problem telling a difference because I look for hte name above their head.

All these dumbing down changes in this patch is obviously a preperation for PS4 version of PS2.
    • Up x 2
  11. Goden

The cloak already has the advantage of being, well, a cloak. It's very difficult to see. If you are being spotted this easily while cloaking then you are doing something wrong or are (and this is my guess) SMG cloaking in which case I can't sympathize one bit. It doesn't take much distance before even a moving cloaker becomes almost impossible to see. Stop hugging peoples faces and this won't even be a problem.

But of course, this directly harms peoples ability to certfarm with SMG cloakers. I don't see why I should care.
    • Up x 2
  12. Andy79

hope the ZOE infiltrator trail got properly reduced (think I saw a change for that announced somewhere), that was way more irritating
  13. DashRendar

This is only visible on friendly HUD... jesus you people are thick.
    • Up x 1
  14. TheBillOf3D

Ah, I get it. Good point.
  15. Get2dachoppa

Speaking of thick...or you entirely missed the point.

^ This
    • Up x 2
  16. LT_Latency

It's not that bad, The players who can't see that there is no name over your head still won't see you.

It's a small nerf but the players that could see you before were going to see you anyways, They players that missed you will still miss you.
  17. MasterCheef

i just dont like the inadvertent nerfs to classes that dont need them.
  18. Macinzon

FORUMSIDE FOR THE LOVE OF VANU, LEARN TO READ.

'Any cloaked infiltrators that are part of YOUR faction are now highlighted in your faction color.'
  19. DashRendar

Well it's an extremely shallow observation and a dumb nerf call, these kinds of things define this forum. Maybe it's my experiences with TF2 that taught me, but I never gave those "blobs" the benefit of the doubt and always put a bullet or two in them if I didn't immediately see a name. If I saw a no smoking sign, I stopped.
  20. LT_Latency

Oh the sweet sweet irony of your post
    • Up x 4