Infiltrator moved back AGAIN to August

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by giltwist, Jun 14, 2013.

1. giltwist

I am getting incredibly frustrated by these constant pushbacks in core mechanics for needless updates like the "Squad Waypoint was Updated" notification. Seriously, how hard is it to dust off some of the cloak variants that they had in beta and fix them? Likewise, how hard is it for them to remove the foregrip cert from BARs and issue refunds? I could see how totally new gameplay like vehicle hacking could take a bit more effort, but the basic mechanics are already there. Very little that the infiltrator community has asked for should be such a massive time investment. Moreover, we keep having rollbacks from working code into non-working code. The white ghost is back, for those of you who didn't know. I, for one, am not spending another cent on this game until the infiltrator update is coming out.
    • Up x 5
  2. Hoki

Hrmm maybe there is an internal development struggle between devs that actually play infiltrator, and the rest that don't really give a ****, and its a long uphill battle for the righteous devs to convince everyone else that yes, BA should OHK headshot from any range with any attachments period the end.

I swear to god I could fix 90% of inf problems in a ******* week I don't really know what could be taking so long but I hope its cool
  3. RoMoronik666

its is fricking annoying. But I hope it means things will be sorted properly.

Although the recent cloak and the EMP nerfs have not inspired confidence.
  4. Astraka

lol
    • Up x 8
  5. Aimeryan

At least it is only a one month pushback this time... but still.
  6. Scan

Hmz... I thought they moved it back to October.

So... August is pretty good. :p

Dunno why this is taking so long. I suppose with the lattice system being implemented, they first want to see how the Infiltrator behaves in this new format. There's a lot of people bunched up at hotspots nowadays, and they can't have the Iniltrator taking an advantage out of this, by turning it into an undetectable killing machine. *cough*

Eventhough the Infiltrator is at the moment, probably still the most complex class to play, it isn't nearly as broken as it was at the start. (takes cover behind something solid)

Seriously: we had highly visible cloak on low settings and IRNV/Thermal, we had scoutrifles that didn't work, we had no CQB options. We couldn't snipe people, because they weren't being rendered... are a couple of old problems, that have been fixed.

Tiny fixes are being made all the time. Unfortunatly, new problems are being made all the time too, but overall I think one step at the time SoE is doing something to make the Infiltrator worth playing.

Just not at the rate many people would like... making it less obvious.
    • Up x 2
  7. Ztiller

Unless some other class got pushed up infront of us, this simply means that the Devs have other, more important, fixes to attend to. Fixes that affect every class, and the entire gameplay, and not just one select group of players. Seems perfectly reasonable to me.
  8. Arkos

If they have some really important items that affect every class and all gameplay, I can live with this. It's only a month (sigh...), which gives me more time to save up for the new goodies we (hopefully) will be getting. However, if they are pushing something completely unnecessary, such as, I don't know, those new guns that they are so fond of making...please, just don't. I understand y'all have to make money somehow, but seriously, addressing issues with a class and adding to the class is going to keep the people who love the class playing the game (and potentially making you [the devs] money) and will also attract new players to the class (again potentially making money). Adding loads of new guns/SC items will in the short term too, but eventually people will start drifting away from the game if they feel that their favorite part of it is broken or being ignored. End lecture/rant.
  9. m44v

They can push it back as much as they want if that means we won't get a half-***** update.
  10. Aimeryan

If they keep pushing it back there wont be any update at all.
    • Up x 2
  11. Amouris

*Facedesk*
    Again? Really, I mean really?
    On a side note this means I get another month to stock pile certs, meaning I won't be buying any station cash :p
  12. Rudmed

As long as they have a good reason for it, I'll be okay with it.

Though I have an idea s to why it might have been pushed back. Let us take the topic of Nanoweave and OHK as an example. We have one side that wants any headshot to = dead person. The other side believes that Nanoweave 5 should stop OHK. So the devs have two separate and opposite ideas of where the community wants this to go. So now they turn to data, in which case they stumble across a couple of vidoes.

Mustarde's videos for example often time show his skill with a sniper and dominating the battlefield. The devs that believe OHK should not exist point to this video and say, "It's fine, look at how well this sniper is performing." Meanwhile the other side takes their videos and data to say, "No, it is not performing how it should. As in this video Mustarde lands several headshots at a close range, and nothing happens, in fact he dies since his targets did not die."

Note: This is not meant to discourage any video makers from posting on the forum, in fact I rather encourage it as it helps bring visual data to the table. Not to mention the fact how some of those videos have helped me become a better infiltrator.

So now that they have conflicting data, what are they suppose to do now? Well, at this point we hope that they their job and balance the game. Fix the major issues with the class, and know what they're doing. I mean it is their game, right, so they should know what they're doing.

....I hope.
  13. Amouris

I don't think they get their data for balance from youtube videos...
  14. Tristan

Wait, people actually bought the foregrips for bolt-actions and now need refunds on them? Do people just click 'Certify!!!!' on everything without giving it any thought?
  15. Rudmed

Those were just examples, of where they can get data from. We hope that they get it from in-game testing, but that doesn't mean they can't get it from elsewhere.
  16. Get2dachoppa

Delays don't really bother me.

It's wondering if the Devs have any clue that's the worrisome part. Like RoMoronik says, their recent track record with the class isn't inspiring much confidence.
  17. Mustarde

I'm a little bummed, was looking forward to the class "revamp". But now that they have literally bumped this update from March to August... I am compelled to warn you against over-expectations.

Think about the max revamp. As a TR, all we got were: fractures, lockdown, mercy nerf and a new armor/helmet. Oh, and you can ride in the back of a harasser. Now, you could have many many threads worth of discussion about whether the max changes were balanced and how they have affected the game, etc. I don't want to derail this thread. Suffice it to say, it was a change, but it basically hinged around one new ability and one new set of weapons. That's it.

So now we have the infiltrator update. You can expect a new weapon (suspecting crossbow or NS rifle), a cloak option, and perhaps a new option for tool (dart). Bug fixes or class grievances (such as nanoweave or turret hack rendering) will not likely be changed. It should allow for some variation in playstyles and hopefully give us some new ways to play, but my expectations are limited.

I would warn you guys against some sort of revolutionary update that makes you love the infiltrator class more than ever. If you enjoy being an infiltrator today, you will probably appreciate the class update. If you hate it and are constantly frustrated... well...

All I have to say is that I will be happy as a clam if they get rid of the forward grip and flashlight from bolt actions and either leave it blank or let us put something cool there. Anything. I just want an attachment that has more utility than simply trolling.
  18. Zerran

A number of people (myself included when I first started) thought they would reduce the scoped sway. I honestly did not expect they would place an attachment for 100 certs on a gun that did literally nothing aside from adding a stick in the front. (This was pre-VR training area btw)
  19. OldMaster80

July for the Infi update was unrealistic given the massive amount of job to be done. There's still nothing on PTS and even Esamir is taking more than expected.
    The white ghost thing is pure crap, I have to agree on that.

And btw vehicle hacking is exactly the kind of feature this class does not need. I know it was there in PS1 but they could implement 100 better feature than vehicle stealing (then I believe the opportunity to hack a vehicle in this game a very few compared to PS1).
  20. Vaphell

no **** :) it's obvious the inf class is a red headed stepchild of PS2 nobody on the dev team cares about and SOE did so few things right in general it's hard to be optimistic.

given that the game goes full ****** all the time with silly things, i think bayonets would be epic ;)
    • Up x 1