Infiltrator is about knives.

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Pinkrage, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Pinkrage

Whats your highest kill streak using knife?
    Mines 12 :D
  2. Shoga

I think something's wrong with my knife..
    It doesn't 1 hit people. Bug?
  3. Benton!

It's a 2 hit....worthless...
  4. sinez

Never think I've gotten more than two kills with it in a life. This coming from a high-skill spy in TF2. Different game, weaker knife, harder to not die if you mess up in an enemy's face because literally every enemy in the game can beat an infiltrator in a straight fight (as they should).
  5. Benton!

Hey what team are you on in TF2? I am a pretty good spy myself, and maybe looking to get into the competitive scene some time (UGC Steel) but this game is so awesome I won't have time for it.

But yeah, right now I can't play infiltrator at all like a TF2 spy. It's kinda sad.
  6. deusex2

Dude, melee is inf's best cqc weapon.
  7. Benton!

People use it only to conserve ammo for their pistol. They only use it to weaken the player, so they can save one or two handgun rounds. If you could have one hit kills from behind, that would be awesome. Pared with stalker cloak it would add more depth to the infiltrator class.
  8. deusex2

You don't use knife to conserve ammo, you use it to buff your damage output, because just about any class can mow you down in a second with just about any gun up close. So you need to bring their hp down fast, which is why you initiate with melee and finish them off while they are making 180 turn or trying to run away. Ideally you're hitting with knife and then deliver one bodyshot with bolt-action rifle to finish off the guy.
    • Up x 1
  9. MooK

As it is, it's a pain to use. Sliding in and out of enemies--I can never be sure that I'm actually attacking them, or just showing them I appear. The truth is that we really need solidification, a dedicated knife, and a 2 second animation for back-side assassination. If you're going to take our shotguns away, our REKs, our ACEs, and our cloak, at least give us a decent assassination mechanic.
  10. Neoxide

I heard the knife is broken so that every 2nd hit does not register. Plus it has a large delay gap which only allows you to really knife targets that are standing still unless you're lucky.
  11. blzbug

^^^ This ^^^

I'm a high-ping-bastard (4g wireless in a rural area) playing on a really nice gaming laptop...from 2 years ago. The high ping combined with under 20 fps makes it impossible for me to scrap up close during a big fight. As soon as the target starts to move, they flash off my screen and there's no way I will reacquire them before I'm dead. The high alpha shotgun damage let me get the job done from 5m away. Perfect range for my system. Before they introduced the shotgun, the TR semi-auto sniper was also good up close. But too many infs actually WANTED to fight up close and SOE nerfed its short range damage. SOE hates short range infiltrating infs. It is ok to 1shot someone from long range with a sniper rifle, but if you risk your azz to sneak right up behind someone, SOE hates you...
  12. Flaeb

Shoot a few bullets with pistol than knife, they die before they can react. This is how I kill people.
  13. Outake

with the TR 1 3-round shot from your pistol and then a knife kills every person i tryed it on. the gun takes down the shield a weakens the body and the knife ends it all rly fast. i'm going to test if its faster to knife then shoot or shoot then knife.

most times i dont use the pistol cuz i have the full-auto rifle for my dude, but when i need to reload that small *** clip i use the pistol and seeing how i need to reload alot i use the pistol alot too.
  14. Pinkrage

I'm glad nobody knows how to use knife yet.

But heres a tip:
    Stealth your way into a bunch of enemies grouped up / sunderer.

90% of the time when you knife someone from the back, he won't do anything because he doesn't know he is getting knifed, so just click anther time for the kill.
    Knifing is EASY. Omw to my gold medal for it already~
  15. KorJax

Worst part about the knife is the GOD AWFUL hit detection it has.

But really, you guys totally underestimate the knife. Not because of any other reason posted so far, but because its totally silent to most other people. It won't show up on radar (like pistol does) and it can't be heard. I don't know about you, but it's really easy to distinguish the three faction's pistol sounds, and their weapon sounds, which makes it really easy to hone in on an enemy who's in an area he shouldn't be in.

With a knife, you can silently kill people even if it takes a couple of swipes. If the guy shoots you, nobody's gonna bat an eye at their own teammate shooting, especially in a battle.
  16. Executioner Smough

Suppressed pistol does the job much cleaner and simpler; I'll be using that until we get a melee attack with non-terrible hit detection and display.
  17. Ghostfox

I've had lag issues with knives...

Mostly to the point in which I'm stabbing people face to face but seem to miss 3 out of 4 times even when Im clearly within range.
  18. Echra

Only managed to get 10 kills without dying on around 3 occasions. Knifing truly is one of the few things a good infiltrator will know how to use compared to the mass of usual sniper food. Got into a great spot behind enemy lines by an enemy sundy and ended up using all my ammo in both my sniper and handgun getting around 30+ kills. Waited for people to spawn, ran up to them cloaked and knifed one or two and then ran away down into a ditch for a bit until I did it again! Thanks for making me not able to pick up ammo off dead bodies SoE ;;

Because theres no player collision i'm able to take out heavies who are using their shield ability no problem. First knife takes way their sheilds, then pistol will finish them off. If you run into them and out their back they'd have to 180 you. Once you know how to use the knife you start trading much better in up and up fights than if you were to trade time being in each others crosshairs.
  19. altonyc

I don't know if I've even managed to get a hit with my knife. I'll be touching the person from behind, knife, but no hit is detected and no damage done.
  20. Dartyus

I've gotten I think four or five in a row. I get plenty of use from my knife, and in a hectic battle or while sniping no one ever thinks to look behind them. I swear, I took down three snipers, one by one, because none of them thought to get out of scope.