Infiltrator getting c4

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Ballto21, Jan 18, 2015.

1. Ballto21

Ok i'd like to start off saying maybe not give them c4, but certainly something for AV potential.

That being said, if they were given c4, make it so we can only get one brick at a time, costing 200 certs to unlock with no way to carry more than one at once. This will make it so A) We cant run around like the invisible man blowing everything to hell and B) put challenge and patience into play. Such as following a tank in stalker cloak, have it get damaged by friendly turret/plane/tank, wait for the engy to pop out and BAM BAM BAM, comissoner downs engy, finish off the tank with your one c4 brick, resupply and go out again.

I have more of an argument and more of an idea than this, but id like to have other peoples input first.

AKA, i need to bounce it off someone else talking to me in a debate to word it right.

Also sorry if my english isnt great its not my first language.
  2. 7 Drunk Midgets

No. Even I, as an infiltrator main, would feel dirty getting a squad of my outfit-mates to gank some tanks with C4. What should happen, however, is vehicle hacking.
    • Up x 3
  3. Ballto21

i agree vehicle hacking should be added, but giving an infiltrator c4 wouldnt be any different than the LA having it due to the LA jetpacks being quieter, and them still being able to sneak up on lone tanks, or as the case may be run in drop it detonate in a suicide run. Giving an infiltrator c4 would be better than the LA as it is right now because of how easy the LA class is.
  4. Stromberg

Most C4 kills are against Infantry-Bubbles not vehicles. Infiltrator could get the abilaty to paint vehihcles with a laser tag them with a tracert gun for a short amount of time, so heavies would be able to shoot lock ons without LOS.
    • Up x 1
  5. _itg

There's a pretty big difference, actually. Infiltrators are far more likely to be able to sneak past enemy infantry on the way to the target vehicle than light assaults. Infiltrators are also capable of sneaking across an open field to blow up a tank, where a light assault has almost no chance of making it without being seen by the tanker or someone else.
    • Up x 1
  6. Moonheart

I think the Infiltrators AV potential is the Wraith. And it's fine a fine and good tool really, once you certed it correctly and learned to handle it correctly.

However, the recent planned changes for tank make me worried: not only they will become much harder to kill for LA, but also for our wraiths. What is supposed to kill those tanks then?
  7. Takara

Nope....just...nope. I don't even like the idea of HAs and Medics getting access to C4. One has so many other AV options...and the other is a frigging medic. His AV is ressing the HA's and AV maxes that died around him. Neither deserves C4...and infiltrator has no place getting AV damaging weapons.

Hack a vehicle? Yea I'm ok with that....
    • Up x 1
  8. Ballto21

IT is harder for an infiltrator to sneak up on a tank than a light assault. Not very hard, but still harder. When you move you look like ice walking, and unless the driver is A not paying attention or B just stupid, you can get shot even going in from behind. The best way i can see an infiltrator c4ing a tank is if they wait, walk up slowly, and run up when they start to fire. Meanwhile light assault can just fly off a nearby point of elevation, like a hill tree or mountain, and not be able to get hit by anything the tank can do short of the driver getting out. Jetpacks are also quieter and throwing c4, especially from above, tosses it similar to a grenade.

Also light assaults can just run in a suicide run, and as long as he places his c4 he can detonate it when he respawns.

On the topic of vehicle hacking for everyone mentioning it, i personally think itd be best done if there were no current occupants in the vehicle unlike the base turrets, and it provided the same amount of EXP as blowing it up.
  9. Moonheart

No, sorry, it's just many many many times easier.
    With the stalker cloak, you just have to wait for the canon of a tank to not be turned your way to move to get 100% unoticed by the driver/gunner. It's many many many times easier than for the LA, who need to stay out of the LOS of the tank during all the approach.

I've played the two and I saw the difference, it is a huge one. The only thing that can prevent a careful infiltrator to reach a vehicle is the nearby enemy infantry.
  10. Ballto21

Then youre not using the LA right, because if I, someone who almost never plays LA, can just run and jump on top of a tank with it having seen me and shot at me, several times with different people, and still c4 it to hell then its the LA doing something wrong. All you need to do is stay too high for the cannon to aim at you and move fast enough to make it a pain for them to aim.

I can understand concern against their AI skill though, so maybe not c4 or something else on top of proxy mines for ai, but maybe tank mines or something for AV.
  11. TeknoBug

Infils with C4? Something tells me devs has a short memory, infils had C4 in alpha/beta and it was in an uproar and was removed for a reason.

I'd say no to this.
    • Up x 1
  12. Moonheart

That's you who don't know how to use the infiltrator right if you don't realize that reach a tank with it is even easier than what you just described.
  13. Ballto21

Im not saying its hard to reach the tank, but im saying its harder because we cant fly. Until were within c4 range, we can be shot by the tank
  14. _itg

You can be shot while flying. In fact, it's easier to hit you with anything but splash damage, since you can't abuse the game's sketchy movement mechanics while in the air.
  15. Ballto21

If you fly off a hill or some other means of elevation tank cannons cannot aim high enough
  16. Ballto21

If not c4 because of its AI ability too i can understand and even support that, but tank mines would be a middleground.
  17. _itg

It's not the target tank you ought to be worried about.
  18. Moonheart

Tank don't shoot at what they can't see. And if you know how to use the stalker cloak, a tank will NEVER see you coming.
    • Up x 1
  19. Ballto21

im assuming it was a low tank, if its guarded or in a cluster than LA can do the same thing an inf could, which is drop, die, detonate on respawn. Dun, dead tank.

Yes i understand that, but if you know how to use the insanely quiet jetpack then they wont see an LA either.
  20. Moonheart

Stalker cloak is even quieter.