Infiltrator gameplay vid: Nano Armor vs Hunter

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Scan, Aug 15, 2013.

1. Scan

• Up x 2
  2. Astraka

How you manage to use the TR SMGs after having been exposed to the far superior NC versions is beyond me. Even as a brand new character my SPM, KPM, and K/D have improved dramatically after switching to the side of Freedom. It is everything I wish the TR SMGs were: quiet & accurate while remaining lethal.

As for the NAC, it is something I intend to stick with despite the noticeable hits to duration & recharge. I feel like with the right pace and a smooth operator the cloak could be better in most circumstances in CQC. Because I usually die due to the netcode saying I'm not behind cover when I am, I'm hoping that this Cloak will greatly increase my effectiveness.
    • Up x 1
  3. Scan

Well I just have to make due to what I have.

The cyclone is the best SMG by far, and I'd trade it in with both TR versions in a heartbeat. As an ex-NC I miss it alot. :)

I guess my greatest advantage is that I move around alot, and break off my attack before they start shooting.
  4. redsevenski

Good vid Scan - I like your comparison of the 2. As I said on the outfit forums I'm using NAC for close quarters stuff (with the auto scout at the moment but almost half way through it!) and am really liking it. I don't find the shorter duration a massive issue but the shorter recharge is definitely noticeable.

As a result I'm starting to use it a bit differently than I would have used hunter in the past. I cloak a lot more indoors - especially when passing through choke points - as I can now take an AP mine hit or dodge past that HA/MAX that I inadvertently run into round a corner. As for the scout rifle? That's still painful work.

Why don't you use the zoom on your minimap though? On close quarters stuff I'm always running at max or near max zoom to chase down those dots (I also found switching off fixed map is a lot better after someones advise on here).
  5. Scan

Tyvm mate, your praise is appreciated.

I had always found the fixed map very annoying, but I wasn't even aware I could turn that off, neither did I know the minimap had a zoom function! :eek:

I'm such a noob.... I feel ashamed.... :oops:
  6. redsevenski

I only learned both here somewhere (that's what happens when you learn before the era of tutorials). Fixed map is an option in first settings page (can't remember what its called) and zoom in/out is ] and [. Everyday's a school day!
  7. Qasar

I have auraxium on the Armistice and I hate the thing. I thought it was me and just kept plugging away but once I got the medal, I've had no desire to go back to it outside of missing the infiltrator game play itself.

Now that I'm on VS, I think I'm going to trial the Sirius and see if I like it any better. It felt really good in VR, but that's not actual combat, so I'll have to see.