Infiltrator class update schedule switched with light assault.

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by FlameGankin, Apr 15, 2013.

1. FlameGankin

Light assault is now unscheduled for its updated and we should be getting our update around may now if this doesnt change by then.
    • Up x 1
  2. Executioner Smough

What's in this update? I'm a little behind the times, so I'd love a summary/link to a summary.
  3. Dramma Lamma

http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/may-class-update-infiltrator.106316/

They haven't said anything specific in any way, which is kinda lame.

Someone here had a bunch or stuff they saw in the test room VR posted but now I can't find it so i'm assuming SOE took down his post. :eek:

There was things like a cloak that makes you run faster.
    An orbital strike tool.
    A different recon device with no real description.
    Attachments / enhancements for the knife.
    Some new weapons (with placeholder stats name and images we know nothing other than new weapons)

Honestly I'm assuming they swapped priorities on infil and LA for 2 reasons
    1.) It's easier to add in a few tools to the infil than to rebuild LA, and to balance dual wielding.
    2.) LA is currently actually effective and can do their job quite well, and is even getting nerfs.
  4. Wobberjockey

cool your jets on the drama, Mr. Llama

http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...t-the-devs-have-planned-for-the-class.114643/

the search tool is your friend.
  5. Dramma Lamma

6. Ravenorth

I cant say Im not happy about this, since I play inf most of my time and I do agree that Infiltrator class needs more to be looked at, but changing it month before they are about get their update just doesnt feel right. They are already going to make jetpack more audible and now delaying their wanted update must feel like hit in the face.
  7. Wobberjockey

i searched for threads made by ztiller.
  8. Dramma Lamma

See, now that was a good call.

I didn't even remember the OP's name had I even though of that.
  9. Syphers

Big like
  10. Aimeryan

They moved a lot of threads from various places that were about the test server to the test server subforum... even if said thread was informing people about the test server, heh.

On topic, without knowing exactly what is going to be in the update, and with the sudden switch, I am a little apprehensive about it being possibly less than a month away. On the other hand, yes!!

I am going to assume some of the things we are seeing in the test server is going to make it in. Sadly, even those aren't known much about - for example the Spectre cloak could range from awesome to dismal, purely based on how long it lasts.

Still, given that there is now a time schedule, and that it is soon, hopefully more infiltrators notice it and vote it up... just in case. It is, however, already one of the most strongly voted updates if you ignore the Jan-added updates when comparing (which for various reasons you should do).
  11. iller

I got a theory on this... That dump of player data showed INF & LA were basically neck and neck for last place on SPM despite being ahead of Medics on AVG playtime. IOW: the status quo should have remained the same if they're going by Metrics.

But the status quo is now changing. What changed? Their reactions to rebalancing... Look at the jetpack. Obvious common sense change.... not taken very well. Saw this with MAXes too. People expecting across the board buffs but that's not how SOE has ever worked. They always find a place to twist the knife at the same time. INFs are used to gettting shafted in EVERY update even when nothing is supposed to change for INFs. There's no organization or vocallity among INF players. This makes it the kind of "Quota filled" update they can rush and not worry about P.R. or a backlash.
  12. Aimeryan

This is the real worry - something good coming quickly? Awesome. Something mediocre coming quickly? Not so good.

We have certain people in this forum who reckon we are completely fine as is and are very vocal, often trying to put everyone else down who does have issues. There is a real feeling among players, especially Planetside 1 vets, that there is a distinct lack of non-combat opportunities available to infiltrators - and a lack of appropriate tools to accomplish the task if there was. This could be a problem if we do get only a poor update because we might not get another pass for a long time, and we will have little chance at stirring up a protest because of said people.

Assuming we get a test server run of the changes they are going to make, we might have a small window to give our opinions and ask for changes if necessary. Just have to be ready when the time comes I think.
  13. iller

I'm doubting anything short of Tactical Strikes is really on the docket here.
    ...which will only exacerbate that Ps1 Vets being ignored issue b/c then you'll have Starcraft-Ghost & COD kids all yelling how awesome INF is too just b/c they'll occasionally nuke 2 or 3 ppl at once who were all standing together outside where our sniping was already more rewarding in such encounters. No real Utility gained, least of all the non-combat/Debuffing or 'Intel' kind.
  14. giltwist

I dunno, there's a LOT of rich ideas on the infiltrator thread, many of which would be simple to implement and would do a lot to pacify the populace.
  15. Dramma Lamma

OMFG I JUST OS'ed 3 GUISE.

INF IS DA BEST CLAS Ev4R!!!!

^^^ Sadly, this type of thing is going to happen ^^^

They need to give the infiltrator real objectives.
    Right now he has NONE.
    Sure he can hack a terminal or a turret but that sadly has ZERO effect on the battles outcome that another class could have not done by bringing AMS from another base, or using a rocket / aa gun.

Honestly, with the way the way the game is designed I can't think of a way to give him something others can't actually do.
  16. LonelyTerran

What about some Doors to Hack?
    Infiltraitors are fine in the combat department because of the Smg's in my opinion.
    So several different cloaks, more Hack-able objects and perhaps a laser designator for some new rocket launchers?
  17. iller

Pretty sure several of us have all mentioned Designators & long range Artillery (ideally for Lightnings since they're useless otherwise). ...Much easier to balance higher bombing rates around than some gimmicky Michael Bay SOLO strike starting out on a 5 minute timer or w/e.

What's on the Test Server doesn't exactly tell us much about what they're planning now. As I've said before (and it was deleted without the Mod even understanding the Terminology) ... what's on Test appears to be mostly beta artifacts, obsolete placeholders & text Strings for features that were either removed or only half finished and being revisited with completely different coding by the time they're all "hooked up" with the functionalities .... assuming they ever do make the cut. Initial response has been underwhelming to everything but better Cloaking suits.
  18. Dr. Euthanasia

This is definitely a step in the right direction, but I didn't really want to be stepping on the Light Assault's face to go there.
    • Up x 1
  19. Aimeryan

I can only hope that it means they have lots of good ideas and are eager to proceed with them.

As I said in the LA forums (it was a post about LA and Infiltrators switching places in roadmap), I was hoping that when the infiltrator update finally came around the devs would also be in a good position to implement lots of new non-combat things to do and hack; there would then be a reason to give us a cloak and other tools designed around specifically avoiding combat.

My worry is that now, with what I can only describe as a possibly rushed update, that the devs still give us those options even if they wont be able to add the meta-elements in until later. For reference, the meta-elements I am talking about are things like doors to hack open, being able to shut down directional sensors that trigger alarms & AI-auto-turrets (or pain fields), cutting off cameras that commanders could be using to watch and control the battle, interfering with a power control room with the effect of making spawn times and vehicle construction times longer, etc.
    • Up x 3
  20. Skeith

to be honest i kinda feel sorry for the LA,but this change was needed

they might not be the best class in the game,but they have at least a purpose to exist unlike us