Infiltrator Class is SEVERLY LACKING SINCE LAUNCH

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Drazen, Dec 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Akane

i find that if u completely ignore drazen, whose only concerns here are harrassing anyone and everyone against his opinions, and his obsession with a better cloak, the others here all give valid points.... ill c if i have the time to compose a nice looking reply like the others here... but im at school... so it may take abit to make it look and sound nice :p
  2. Benton!

I think we should get many different cloak types, to fit our playstyle. So maybe a sprint cloak, shield cloak, etc. Stalker cloak as well. Make different types of cloak for different playstyles.
  3. Modown

the sniper guns blow balls! i bought one it was alright but every time i fire i have to zoom out to reload... drives me crazy! i do very well as a infiltrator but half time im using my pistol to kill some noob!
    they just need to make the class alot better. for now im playing as a heavy, which i never ever played in bf3 as
  4. Lurid

Yea,it would be nice if maybe we could get some kind of speed buff cert like in PS1, but a somewhat re-worked cloak would be nice,maybe one that would allow us to pass through shields
  5. DaftMedic

Drazen,

You keep asking for CQC buffs. The infiltrator class is not meant for CQC. Infact, it is already more powerful in this role than it should be. If the claim you make is true (which there is no proof of) that you were the best infil on Thebes in PS2 Beta, then you would already know this. But you seem to need a bigger advantage than the infiltrator already has, so...

If you need some tips, I recommend trying a bolt action rifle XM98 for closer combat with a 6x or 7x scope. Cert into the Manticore for a sidearm, heavier damage than Beamer with a high RoF. Proximity mines are a mainstay for CQC as well, giving you a way to cover an extra entrance to a building, leave a surprise for engineers or anyone following you. Hell, I've gotten a number of MAX kills just running up to them cloaked putting the mine right under their feet and then running for cover.

Either way, you are not going to go head to head with any class in CQC except other infiltrators without a severe disadvantage, deal with it.
  6. Drazen

NC-MEDIC said :"You keep asking for CQC buffs. The infiltrator class is not meant for CQC. Infact, it is already more powerful in this role than it should be. If the claim you make is true (which there is no proof of) that you were the best infil on Thebes in PS2 Beta, then you would already know this. But you seem to need a bigger advantage than the infiltrator already has, so...

If you need some tips, I recommend trying a bolt action rifle XM98 for closer combat with a 6x or 7x scope. Cert into the Manticore for a sidearm, heavier damage than Beamer with a high RoF. Proximity mines are a mainstay for CQC as well, giving you a way to cover an extra entrance to a building, leave a surprise for engineers or anyone following you. Hell, I've gotten a number of MAX kills just running up to them cloaked putting the mine right under their feet and then running for cover.
    Either way, you are not going to go head to head with any class in CQC except other infiltrators without a severe disadvantage, deal with it."

Yeah actually...... I AM THAT GOOD, though I don't need to prove myself to a scrub like you, I'll just own you in game. But this thread isn't about me, it is about the problems of the infiltrator class since launch. Your infiltrator forum avatar is a joke, it's obvious you are an NC medic,
    but anyways , listen up medic guy and try to comprehend what I am about so say, though I doubt it is within your meager mental capacities to do so.
    The weakness of the new scout rifles is fact, it has been discussed, proven, and decided on in many threads other than my own. The devs specifically nerfed the artemis's damage and gave the NYX ridiculous kick because SOE was being way too timid with the class, and in doing so they completely defanged it. To say that infils should be weak at cqc is saying that every time we meet an enemy face to face we should be a free kill. And with our current cloak that sucks that is pretty much every time you enter a base. AND ISN"T ENTERING BASES WHAT WE ARE SUPPOSED TO DO.

**** kid you just got destroyed, i'm sure you will try to come back with something your feeble mind exerted a ton of effort to concoct. But the energy is wasted here, you are a moronic selfish NC medic with no place on this thread. I only want to hear from real infiltrators,

listen to this man if you won't listen to me = Krytical said -
    "We need real CQC weapons (or buff the clip/ammo/dmg on our current full-auto rifles)." put the damage back to the way it was and buff the clip. AMEN

p.s i don't need any tips from you, thanks though kid
  7. Akane

1st and Foremost Problem
    DRAZEN
    this guy is on here just to troll now, he may have started this for a real reason, but now he's just harrassing others and putting up stupid stuff
    EX

but lets look at his Points
    1) he obsesses over Full Cloak
    he will not leave this alone, its like he cant live without a game where no one can see him... and he asks for absolutely NO drawbacks to such a cloak....
    idc what reasons u can draw, but a cloak such as ur asking would basically break the balance of the game, there are HUNDREDS of other ways to improve this without making such a game breaking cloak
    if ur bound and determined to have such a cloak there has to be drawbacks... such as the engi's and medic's short range for heal and overheat. a few possible drawbacks are a short duration or a long recharge.

2) he stated he was a top player on a WEST Server [or maybe the West Server... not sure if that is the actual servers name or not] during Beta, yet we have had another player who was on said servers and nvr saw him on the top ranking...
    i guess its really not important either way, whichever is lying or if their both correct it just doesnt matter, from the quality of posts i have seen here, i would assume we have alot of highly ranked infiltrators here.

3) he dismisses just about every other idea on improving infiltrators, the few he will even acknowledge compared to his own are the shotgun and the improved artemis and that other gun [sry forgot name] ....

i have a sinking suspicion this guy only plays 1 faction.... but i cant be sure.... since i havnt tried the other factions either its not really my place... i havent seen any massive problems that make 1 factions snipers weaker then the others... the only cases ik of that may need reprimanded specific to a faction is the vanu's dmg... but their lack of bullet drop makes up for it some.... i'd say switch out the vanu's sniper rifles to use the same factors as the others... instead of the laser thing that weakens with distance.... for a sniper that sounds stupid in general.... but then again... i havent played the vanu, so i dont know all about the differences in their weapons physics, so i will leave it mostly alone

but back on subject, this guy HATES anyone who doesnt just fall in line and agree with him, so he really didnt start this topic for a discussion... but to have blind followers just agree with him.... if u want that go become a political party leader... u know... like obama and that other guy [cant remember his name... he lost]

4) he really has no more points... seriously... thats all he does here.... wait... no theres ONE more thing....

He HAD to be born during the Red Scare... seriously... ill qoute it when i edit this later.. but he basically stated that most of the ppl on here where other classes who were trying to bring down the topic!.... seriously... the ppl who have stated their not Infiltrators have offered polite and even useful ideas and points.... i have seen none of these try to bring down this topic
    OK off my rant on drazen... past him, the ppl on here seem smart

my next post... if i can make it... i will see about collecting the different points and ideas into a single post, for those new to the chat... i will be fair and list any and all ideas.... i will however place a mark next to the ones I Personally agree with...
  8. Drazen

^ you must have a crush on me to spend all that time on a post just for me. I'm flattered <3

it was too long though so I didn't bother reading it :( soz
  9. Akane

On to the real subjects

on the side of staying the same, these arguments have been brought forward

- most players will notice movement b4 color
    - any cloak is MUCH better then no cloak like the rest
    - the cloak is balanced compared to other classes, medics and engi's have range limits... and recharge for engi
    - the cloak recharges FAST
    - its not MEANT to be perfect, it runs right now just as it was supposed to, perfect cloak becomes to OP
    - the current cloak, when used CORRECTLY is perfectly fine, dont be stupid and think it will hide u after they spot u
    [i prolly missed alot... if u see some i did... notify me]

on the other side

- artemis and other guns are weak
    - cloak is too easy to see through
    - thermal and night optics
    - no reason to infiltrate due to no actual usefulness in base
    - cannot hack vehicles
    - can be outsniped by infantry
    - low health
    - poor toolkit
    - the cloak is noisy
    - have to uncloak, fire, recloak
    - no good shortrange gun
    -[again i prolly missed alot....]
  10. Togashi

Played infil a lot the past few days. Have done the sniping thing and the infil thing. ATM the sniping thing is the only thing we are semi decent at and even at that we're not that great with the infantry not rendering at ranges we should be engaging at and exaggerated bullet drop. For infiltration, I've done that too but TBH I just don't feel like we have to tools to really do anything. Sure we can hack some terminals but so what? We can't really take anyone out 1v1 much less cause havok and disruption. I just feel there's nothing to gain from sneaking in behind enemy lines other than providing intel on troop movements, and man can I tell you how fun and rewarding that is.
  11. DaftMedic

Just a gamertag, stats speak for themselves.

My two most played characters (Stats are a bit dated):
    http://www.planetside-universe.com/player_stats.php?character=deftmedic
    Actually a level 25 right now in the top 100 for the server, Look it up

http://www.planetside-universe.com/player_stats.php?character=daftmedic

Let's see your characters.

The infiltrator should not be a guaranteed kill in head on CQC combat, and it currently isn't. Quit your ********.
  12. Akane

edit time limit over.. so ill add this point here on drazen......
    dude... get over it... while it may be called infiltrator.... its still a marksmen

in this game we use the term Outfit.... but other games use Clan, Legion, Guild, Alliance... they all refer to the same thing

just cus they call it an infiltrator doesnt mean its not a sniper.... one of its 2 primary jobs is to be a sniper.... and yet u say u dont care about long range... u know what that tells me?... it tells me that u dont know anything about the class and have no right to talk.... if u dont want to play half of what the class is about... then ur just as bad as a medic who doesnt want to heal, a engineer who doesnt want to to repair, a heavy who doesnt want to attack vehicles, a light assualt who doesnt want to use his jetpack.
  13. DaftMedic

14. Ronin Oni

this is STILL going on?

#1: You will NEVER get pure invisibility short of a cloak that requires you to be MOTIONLESS for it to function at that level. If and when stalker camo is added into the game, guess what... it will be a light bending cloak JUST LIKE the one we got now (difference being it's ability to stay active longer, recharge while motionless and cloaked, and fire pistol/knife while cloaked, but giving up your primary weapon to take this option)

#2: It's been LONG confirmed that Infils are getting SMG's. Currently (until the end of Dec) they are working on optimization. Early next year we'll see some new weapons and vehicles.

Have some damn patience.
  15. Dhart

I got killed 80% of the time by infiltrators from BR 1-18... can't beat them for ranged kills, esp when folks are standing still... like Engineers using turrets.

It's situational. I put a few certs into it... and still have a lot of fun sneaking behind the lines... hack a terminal... swap to Engineer and put our some tank mines or BB... etc...

I think the cloak is fine. It works just fine for the casual observer. Poster sounds just like the others who complain that tank mines are hard to see, etc. I think that's the point. If you are paying attention you can see... esp if an Infiltrator tries to go invis right in front of me... yes you are easy to track. Try being invis when I don't see you activate the cloak... then it's almost impossible to catch.

I think you expected to make Infiltrator a full time gig... and candidly- no class is good 100% of the time.
  16. Akane

^Ty .... good point, and one drazen doesnt seem to understand
  17. Akane

ok now that someone has summed up that stalker cloak... i want it.... sounds nice.... but really... if it is added... i'd force the player to decide 1 or the other.... that along with several other pieces of equipment and weapons would make the 2 roles easier... but also more distinct..... unlike the other classes... we as snipers act out 1 or the other
    [something drazen points out... but doesnt understand WHY.... its becuz infiltrators are meant to have a high learning curve, we're not meant to outnumber the other classes.... we're not meant to get into the thick of firefights, we're meant to either sneak behind them, or shoot them from range.... that fodder stuff is for the other classes..... infil has a higher learning curve, and a more specialized role for a reason... cuz if they gave us everything u asked for... NO ONE WOULD CHOOSE ANYTHING ELSE.... ur trying to make a one man army like someone else pointed out,drazen.... simply put if u know what ur doing, u can easily get by as infiltrator, and help ur squad, platoon, and outfit out alot.... u see... all these ppl u mention as being "free kills" are just more ppl who Prolly shouldnt be infil. alot of these free kills u talk about i sit and watch... their noobs who have at some point been shot by one of us, and now think that snipers are cool, so they want to be cool too..... their noobs who dont realize the learning curve that is needed
  18. Drazen

MEDIC I hate to have to be the one to break it to you but you suck. Your attempt to impress me has failed.

"Just a gamertag, stats speak for themselves."
    Oh how u wish you knew my real name, well too bad.
    I'd be getting flame tells 24 /7 now. Lets just say I'm in the top 100 working my way to top 10 on a real server. And I'm not a skill-less sniper, I actually infiltrate.
  19. Akane

i dont want to impress u, i dont believe ur anywhere high on a server, and until u have some proof i wont... i doubt ANYONE on here will till u have some evidence... i mean u think we're all mindless *******... yet ur the only one here making urself look as such
  20. Drazen

lol I don't care if you believe me AKANE.

MEDIC you've proven yourself to be a nub by posting those terrible stats, I now know for a fact I'm light years ahead of you in terms of skill so nothing you say really bothers me in the slightest. FLAME AWAY you fail sniper you! FLAME AWAY
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.